The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Nothing wrong with being nineteen and having fun on holiday. Nothing against that picture.

That other one was stupid but for now maybe he should just try to hang with people he trusts until pre season and tell them not to post pictures of him online while the storm settles.

• Like 1

I'm not saying I wouldn't have any McDonalds/alcohol/cigarettes, just not to excess at all.

Well that IS what you said ;)

My point was for footballers, the season represents 9 or 10 months of being in that perfect physical condition that you describe. I imagine that gets pretty tiresome for a lot of them, and it would for a lot of us if we were in that position. Yes they're paid loads and it's a dream job, but that's the reality of the situation.

And if they are on their (probably) only holiday for the whole year then they probably take that as their only opportunity to cut loose before they're back to being "fit" again for another year.

To be fair to bobzy, he didn't say he wouldn't have 'any' maccys etc, he said he wouldn't be 'abusing his body', be it 'maccys / cigarettes / alcohol'.

I'm guessing what he's saying is that yes he would have the odd maccys, the odd pint or the odd cigarette, but he wouldn't have an amount that could be considered as 'abusive' for his body, like, for example, an amount of alcohol that leaves one asleep in the street ;)

Yeah and that's the unfair bit Jonah.  One photo now means that every subsequent photo of him out in public no matter what he's doing will be seen as 'oh there's Jack out and about again, always at it', rather than being taken on its own merits. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't have any McDonalds/alcohol/cigarettes, just not to excess at all.

Well that IS what you said ;)

My point was for footballers, the season represents 9 or 10 months of being in that perfect physical condition that you describe. I imagine that gets pretty tiresome for a lot of them, and it would for a lot of us if we were in that position. Yes they're paid loads and it's a dream job, but that's the reality of the situation.

And if they are on their (probably) only holiday for the whole year then they probably take that as their only opportunity to cut loose before they're back to being "fit" again for another year.

To be fair to bobzy, he didn't say he wouldn't have 'any' maccys etc, he said he wouldn't be 'abusing his body', be it 'maccys / cigarettes / alcohol'.

I'm guessing what he's saying is that yes he would have the odd maccys, the odd pint or the odd cigarette, but he wouldn't have an amount that could be considered as 'abusive' for his body, like, for example, an amount of alcohol that leaves one asleep in the street ;)

I'm sure that's what he means. But he said he wouldn't be abusing his body "at all" so I was just answering what he said.

Yeah and that's the unfair bit Jonah. One photo now means that every subsequent photo of him out in public no matter what he's doing will be seen as 'oh there's Jack out and about again, always at it', rather than being taken on its own merits.

Yeah its completely unfair and must be horribe for Jack, like I said how can you relax knowing any picture can be used to portrait you as some kind of raging alcoholic.

But he doesn't pass out on the street in a foreign country and no one pays him any attention.

How many more times?

How many more times what? Will he be passed out on the street? Hopefully none. Will he be photographed sitting in a chair? Probably hundreds. It depends what we want to hang him for really.

How many more times will he be photographed with carrots is the real question. How many more times Jack?

1414329484108_wps_5_BIRMINGHAM_ENGLAND_O

Carrot Thief, call the police

Nothing wrong with being nineteen and having fun on holiday. Nothing against that picture.

That other one was stupid but for now maybe he should just try to hang with people he trusts until pre season and tell them not to post pictures of him online while the storm settles.

People said that the last time.

I think the lad is a disgrace to be honest and is close to bring shame on the club,  he has already brought shame on himself,  in my opinion obviously and I expect it will not be a popular opinion on here

Yeah and that's the unfair bit Jonah.  One photo now means that every subsequent photo of him out in public no matter what he's doing will be seen as 'oh there's Jack out and about again, always at it', rather than being taken on its own merits. 

No.  Every subsequent photo of him with alcohol.

I don't get how he's brought shame on the club, unless you think that all our other players and footballers in general are squeaky clean

The only difference between jack and the rest of our players is jacks been caught doing it

How many more times?

How many more times what? Will he be passed out on the street? Hopefully none. Will he be photographed sitting in a chair? Probably hundreds. It depends what we want to hang him for really.

How many more times will he be photographed with carrots is the real question. How many more times Jack?

1414329484108_wps_5_BIRMINGHAM_ENGLAND_O

Oh no, he's on the carotene now.

I think the lad is a disgrace to be honest and is close to bring shame on the club,  he has already brought shame on himself,  in my opinion obviously and I expect it will not be a popular opinion on here

4e27c89cd6991.gif

I don't think he's a disgrace but I absolutely think he should be taking better care of his body and his public image, the club pay him handsomely to do both.

I'm surprised at the level of support myself, but this debate has gotten silly now, people are being mocked mercilessly for not "towing the party line".

But then, because Villa Talk!

• Like 2

the "journalism" in that is dire

we've already established that the £1,000 bottle of vodka actually costs around £350

the photo of the 2 girls clambering all over him is purposefully provocative, he looks like someone in a hip hop video, but theres no context to it

the unidentified holiday maker, and the fact that they even drop the line "told the sun" dodging blame if its found to be a bogus quote (which id bet my house on it)

drinking from the bottle, plenty of pictures of him, why not one of that?

drinking in the middle of the day, again no context, no way of proving that right or wrong

absolute gutter press, sensationalist stories for the gullible

I reckon they might be £1000 with the mark up that gets put on bottles in beach/night clubs in places like Marbella/Ibiza/Vegas.

Anyway, not that it makes any difference. I'm glad he's enjoying himself on his holiday. And so he should.

I'm sure he'll knuckle down and put in the hard miles as soon as pre-season starts.

I don't think he's a disgrace but I absolutely think he should be taking better care of his body and his public image, the club pay him handsomely to do both.

I'm surprised at the level of support myself, but this debate has gotten silly now, people are being mocked mercilessly for not "towing the party line".

No, people are being mocked for being drama queens.

Nobody is being mocked for thinking he's done a bad thing.

Richard does have a point though, if this was Nzog or Darren Bent I doubt their would so be much support for either of them and there would be burning effigies outside VP ;)

Edited by jim

Richard does have a point though, if this was Nzog or Darren Bent I doubt their would so be much support for either of them and there would be burning effigies outside VP ;)

and rightfully so since they are experienced professionals(i use that word loosely) If Grealish doesnt learn from this and has same problems next year or still doing it in 5 years then he will get the criticism he deserves

In Richard's defence he is suggesting another youngster even though I'd like to think all the youngsters would be judged the same re- behaviour. There is no argument that a senior player would not get the same leeway, nor should he.

No, people are being mocked for being drama queens.

Nobody is being mocked for thinking he's done a bad thing.

Hmmm. Not sure I agree. I also don't think it's very fair to label somebody a drama queen for having a strong opinion that is the opposite to yours.

This has kinda been done to death now mind. I've not really got owt else to say, I just hope he can keep his head down and I can't wait till preseason starts so we can all crack on with the football.

Â