The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Dreadful statement. Plastic. Emotionally empty. Cliche ridden. Written by his PR team. That's the goodbye we get? Pathetic.

Apparently released a 4 min video on his instagram?

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

Could have had a local lad become a genuine global megastar leading us as we grow into European big hitters.

He's walked away....

I'm heartbroken.

He's not worth the negative emotion, mate. He's a selfish dickhead. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

maybe just the way I’m feeling, but that had the feeling of a robot.  There is no feeling in that statement at all, just very cold.  I’m not sure what I expected but that is feeble.

giphy.gif

There is nothing he could have said that would make the fans accepting the deal.

I think he genuinely loves the Villa and feels the club is in great hands now. Disagree or agree he probably felt as the club is in a very healthy position it was the perfect opportunity for a new challenge at the highest level.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Classy post from Jack that 👍

If you read that and are still angry, think he's disloyal, call him a snake etc then I feel sorry for you, I really do. It was an opportunity impossible to turn down and that's basically what he said.

He had the clause inserted

the opportunity was by design.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You're all saying it's a shit way to leave but what's a good way for him to leave? 

There is none. Best outcome is a huge transfer fee.

Whenever he left it would've been hard to see him go but there are certainly times that would've been better for him to leave. Not right at the end of the summer, a week before the season start and certainly not right when the team is on the verge of breaking into the fight for European spots. In what seems like is becoming a tighter racer for the top of the table, his play could be the difference between being in a Europa league spot or just missing out. We waffle around mid table next year and says I want out, go for it. Plus, in this theoretical world we are in, he most likely would've been playing at the same level or even better and made us say 150 million.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Signs for City and all their fans aren't arsed and want Messi. Get used to it kid.

Mistake

They are a spoilt  fan base now. It would take a true global superstar to get them really excited. Signing Jack isn’t that big a deal but most from what I’ve read are happy with the signing . 

So he insisted on a release cause last season and still gave that my club nonsense. 

rocket polisher. Hope he has both legs snapped on his debut. 

Â