The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not a chance. 

Not better than City, Liverpool, United,Chelsea 

Not better than West Ham, Leicester 

We're in the pack with the likes of Spurs, Leeds, Arsenal, Everton potentially. 

So a European push than lol. 

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Lee is better off changing his name to Seymour Butts given how often he replies upon the word 

FFS, he's so full of shit.

If it happens he had absolutely no idea about anything.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

SIGH... Try and follow now...

@nick76said

Clearly meaning that since the owners came in we have improved drastically and they have the aims and means to take us to the top. We are not owned by Lerner or Xia anymore. These are serious people who know what they want and a player who is a boyhood Villa fan would want to be part of that.

But you took it literally as in the position in the table we finished....

So I tried to explain that Grealish himself has stated that the owners sold their ambitions to him and he wanted to be part of the project but you glossed over that for some reason, despite the fact that that was the whole point of the first post!

For some reason you asked me...

And gloated when I ignored that bit to address the fact that you'd completely missed the point of the discussion. Now why would you gloat like that? 🤨

For the record, I see no reason why we can't or won't finish in the top 4 next season. See, I can answer the question.

Top 4! 😄 Give over. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They finished the season with the best form and apparently are much fitter than they were last season. They also had a lot of injury problems and never had a settled defence. Ok top 4 is pushing it but they will be very hard to beat.

At best midtable.  Everybody knows how they play now and have a sufficient sample size of how to stop them.  This is why so many teams struggle second season.  Sheff Utd suffered from it recently, awesome one season and then stopped the second season.  Second season is notorious for being harder than the first season.

29 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Im not sold on West Ham to be fair, now they've lost Lingard but I'm not having that Leeds will have 'peaked' under Bielsa. They've got better and better each year, they were new kids on the block last season, out ran every team in the league and finished 9th with almost the same team from the championship. They're aren't suddenly gong to turn into Burnley.

Sheffield United say hi. 

Just now, Okonokos said:

Why would a Villa fan laugh at that? 🤨

Ignored the rest of my post, I see. Bye now.

A 2 day old account that has exclusively posted in this thread to talk about how Grealish should move on and laughed at any idea that the club are ambitious.

Although Top 4 is beyond us right now, a push for Europe? Sure, but not Top 4.

• Like 3

Grealish being injured is the reason we finished as low as we did. 

You can argue that the reason we started as well as we did was because he chose to sign a new contract and stay with us last summer.

Whatever, he is key to our team.

Buendia's stats seem largely equivalent to Jack's,  better at some things worse at others. If we have them both, we're covered when one is injured,  but more importantly we're immense when they're both fit. 

That alone is enough for me to think that we can push for top 7, much as we were when Jack wasn't injured.

On that note, there's another member that is clearly not a Villa fan added to my ignore list. Please stop quoting the obvious bait.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

At best midtable.  Everybody knows how they play now and have a sufficient sample size of how to stop them.  This is why so many teams struggle second season.  Sheff Utd suffered from it recently, awesome one season and then stopped the second season.  Second season is notorious for being harder than the first season.

They've improved every season under Bielsa and there is no reason to suggest they won't improve this season too.

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Again that’s rubbish!  I’m not just looking from a fans perspective as you have said condescendingly but both a fan perspective and professionally.  Just because you don’t agree. 

I wouldn’t understand him leaving and I wouldn’t agree with any reasoning that has been proposed so far.

I’m not the one telling people they are talking rubbish if they a different opinion - hopefully I’d respect their opinions . 
if you really cannot see why Jack grealish may consider moving from villa to Man City then fair enough . 
besides more than doubling his money , playing alongside world class players , playing for a world class manager , playing champions league and winning trophies then fair enough .

yes villa are on the up but Man City are already there and to get to where they are now took many many years - realistically we can aim for Europe next season , and look to build from there . 
as jack himself said in the quotes a few pages back , the champions league is the place to be , so if he did go I’d respect his reasons for doing so but be very disappointed to lose him 

Edited by Eastie

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I am a fairly optimistic guy but top 4 is ridiculous, sorry.

Leicester fans would have said the same at the start of 15/16.

This league is crazy. We could conceivably overtake 7 out of the 10 teams that finished above us. Anything can happen. Not saying it will but I'm definitely not ruling it out either.

If we hadn't lost Grealish for 13 games last season I think we'd have had at least 10 points more. Not unreasonable to think that is it?

That would have put us 6th. 2 points off 4th.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Nowhere near Top7 , progress would be top half with Grealish. Without him and it will be a fight out with Newcastle for mediocrity.

It showed last season, no Grealish and won 5 in 16.

LOLS! This joker knows nothing about Villa or even saw more then 2 Villa games last season. 

15 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Nowhere near Top7 , progress would be top half with Grealish. Without him and it will be a fight out with Newcastle for mediocrity.

It showed last season, no Grealish and won 5 in 16.

Every post you have made has seemed to knock villa since you joined - why is that I wonder ?🤔

Just now, mrchnry said:

They've improved every season under Bielsa and there is no reason to suggest they won't improve this season too.

I just gave a reason why! 😉

I also think the way Bielsa plays is limited in advancement. I know a lot of fans fawn over him and I know a lot agree with me so he’s a dividing opinion manager. Great manager for the neutral though just wouldn’t want him as Villa manager.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Leicester fans would have said the same at the start of 15/16.

This league is crazy. We could conceivably overtake 7 out of the 10 teams that finished above us. Anything can happen.

Not saying it will be definitely not ruling it out. If we hadn't lost Grealish for 13 games last season I think we'd have had at least 10 points more. Not unreasonable to think that is it?

That would have put us 6th. 2 points off 4th.

Well yes, Leicester fans would've said that because it was highly highly highly unlikely--just as Villa finishing in top 4 is. It COULD happen but 99 times out of 100 it won't.

We could win the league. We could get relegated. Not very sensible predictions though, are they?

Just now, mrchnry said:

Yet apparently that doesn't apply to us? Even though we've made signings to address our shortcomings and all Leeds have done is sign a LB to replace an outgoing one.

Personally don't care about Leeds, but don't get why they're used as an example of a team that will definitely improve and finish above us, when until Grealish's injury, we were better than them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I’m not the one telling people they are talking rubbish is they a different opinion - hopefully I’d respect their opinions . 

You were condescending to me as I said in a previous comment so don’t get all on the high ground with me.

Â