The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I see no reason whatsoever  why villa won’t finish above Leeds , I’d expect villa to be around top 7 , Leeds probably around 10th to 12th . 

So Leeds and 3 other teams drop down the league and Villa move up 'atleast' 4places , by signing Buendia?

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s easy to say you wouldn’t leave if you were him if not in that situation. If I asked you if you’d eat a shit sandwich for a million pounds you’d be probably say no because you know it ain’t going to happen. 

I would, FYI.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Absolute Rubbish!!!

DJ_Villain covers it well above.

You are looking at it from a fans perspective , in his shoes there is a lot to consider , the days of players staying a career at their boyhood clubs are rare - if Jack left I’d be very disappointed but would understand his reasons not to say agree with them 

Edited by Eastie

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

It’s about his career though , not his love for villa . Gazza left newcastle , Rooney left Everton , both are still fans of those clubs and love their boyhood clubs regardless of the fact they left 

With respect, those clubs aren't Aston Villa, they chose to support them, down here Villa chooses you.😉

Edit... because of NWSE its like the perfect storm for Jack to remain as a one man club.

Edited by Phil Silvers

7 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

So Leeds and 3 other teams drop down the league and Villa move up 'atleast' 4places , by signing Buendia?

Did West Ham move up 11 places by signing lingard ?  There is more than one player in a team - many villa players improved last season and are likely to do so again - if you think villa have no chance of top 7 then that’s your choice mate .

There is still over a month of the window left yet . Looking at your posts since joining almost every one of them is knocking and running villa down - strange 🤔

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

"We needed Sterling's pace"... Jack draws with Sterling in speed drill.

Southgate, you're forever going to be an idiot. 

Hallelujah to that brother.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They are better than us.

It's not about who got the most flair and skill. A team is about balance, and they have a really solid and balanced team.

This is like the Arsenal trap during the late Wenger era and still to an extent Arsenal now where you're buying all these skillful, technical players thinking you'll stomp everyone. You won't.

If we go into the season with the likes of McGinn and Ramsey our midfield will get overrun like last season.

Until our midfield get sorted I still see us as a mid table team.

I agree about the midfield but still wouldn’t say they are better than us. We were miles better than them at their place and deserved to win, 6 point swing would’ve had us 4 points behind them. Granted they were the much better team at Villa Park and they did a number on Grealish. If Grealish hadn’t missed so many winnable games when he was injured I think we definitely would’ve finished above them.

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

You are looking at it from a fans perspective , in his shoes there is a lot to consider , the days of players staying a career at their boyhood clubs are rare - if Jack left I’d be very disappointed but would understand his reasons not to say agree with them 

Again that’s rubbish!  I’m not just looking from a fans perspective as you have said condescendingly but both a fan perspective and professionally.  Just because you don’t agree. 

I wouldn’t understand him leaving and I wouldn’t agree with any reasoning that has been proposed so far.

Just now, Eastie said:

Did West Ham move up 11 places by signing lingard ?  There is more than one player in a team - many villa players improved last season and are likely to do so again - if you think villa have no chance of top 7 then that’s your choice mate 

Nowhere near Top7 , progress would be top half with Grealish. Without him and it will be a fight out with Newcastle for mediocrity.

It showed last season, no Grealish and won 5 in 16.

6 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Ah right - so you can't answer the question then. ok fair enough.

SIGH... Try and follow now...

@nick76said

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So? turning his back on us where we are given he's a Villa fan is not something you do

Clearly meaning that since the owners came in we have improved drastically and they have the aims and means to take us to the top. We are not owned by Lerner or Xia anymore. These are serious people who know what they want and a player who is a boyhood Villa fan would want to be part of that.

But you took it literally as in the position in the table we finished....

39 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Where are we exactly? We finished 11th, still not sure which of the top 10 teams we are suddenly better than this season.

So I tried to explain that Grealish himself has stated that the owners sold their ambitions to him and he wanted to be part of the project but you glossed over that for some reason, despite the fact that that was the whole point of the first post!

29 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He said himself he was sold on the owner's ambitions and plans for the future. That's where we are. We're in the most exciting shape for years.

For some reason you asked me...

Answer the question then, which of the top 10 teams are we better than?

And gloated when I ignored that bit to address the fact that you'd completely missed the point of the discussion. Now why would you gloat like that? 🤨

For the record, I see no reason why we can't or won't finish in the top 4 next season. See, I can answer the question.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

😂 Thanks for making me laugh

They finished the season with the best form and apparently are much fitter than they were last season. They also had a lot of injury problems and never had a settled defence. Ok top 4 is pushing it but they will be very hard to beat.

Â