The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Exciting shape doesnt get players trophies. Answer the question then, which of the top 10 teams are we better than? Which of those teams are suddenly going to go the other way, I've not seen any evidence that any will.

West Ham and Leeds for starters - the hammers do not have the squad for Europe and will find playing so many games tough - Leeds probably peaked under bielsa , new kids on the block , I don’t see them  being above villa next season 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

HAs anyone thought about an in-between, where he doesn't sign a new contract, but he doesn't leave either?

How would we feel?

Same as signing a new deal with us, I'm hoping for it to be honest, his commitment helps our ffp I'd imagine and he is a revenue creator. He's also a draw for top talent too. 

The more Jack's wage increases, the more our wage structure becomes unbalanced and surely there are more creative ways that NWSE can line Jack's pockets with rocking any boat at all.

• Like 1

To be fair if Grealish stays and misses a quarter of the season again due to this shin problem,  he will be no good for us going forward and can go with my blessing next season.

If we plan to push on, we can't afford our best player to be out towards the end of every season when it's the peak time to try finish in the top 6.  We no doubt lost a few places last season due to his injury.

8 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Which of those 5 players are we going to miss do you think? Which of them leaving has seriously weakened us?

Samatta - no great loss. Was on loan last season.

Heaton - Tom is the only departure that I think weakens us.

Engles - needs a replacement but played very little last season.

Taylor - replaced by Ash = upgrade

Elmo - Guilbert is back = upgrade

Barclay - him leaving is enough to strengthen us!

And we have bought in Buendia.

I would say so far we are stronger than last season.

You need a good squad not just a good 11 though , our squad needs 3 or 4 more players , we may well get them .

if we could get a back up keeper , tuanzebe , Bailey , and a decent midfielder in then we will be in better shape . . 

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Let me ask you

If you were Jack would you leave Villa right now to Man City?

My answer is No, what is yours? 

Just a straight Yes or No, dont need any explanation or excuses.  If it's Yes then we have very different views on our love for Villa.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Same as signing a new deal with us, I'm hoping for it to be honest, his commitment helps our ffp I'd imagine and he is a revenue creator. He's also a draw for top talent too. 

The more Jack's wage increases, the more our wage structure becomes unbalanced and surely there are more creative ways that NWSE can line Jack's pockets with rocking any boat at all.

speedboat+bullseye.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Let me ask you

Just a straight Yes or No, dont need any explanation or excuses.  If it's Yes then we have very different views on our love for Villa.

100 times NO

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I get it mate, it would be disappointing.

But seriously, he’s a professional, this is his career, not a hobby, really think some folks need a reality check.

Massive difference between yours and my career and the career of a professional footballer.

We often don’t get a career that involves not only being paid a lot of money to be a part of something we love, but to be THE MAIN MAN and have thousands of people adore us, chant our name and buy merchandise with our names on the back…

I never had that at Debenhams, or when I was a teacher in Thailand, or an engineer in Korea…

Jack has everything that any Villa fan could possibly want and keeps being given a pay rise every year on top of that!

”Professional and it’s his career” be damned…

It’s not like we are Northampton Town or Havant and Waterlooville and he is jumping way, way up the pyramid…

He would be taking a minor step up and would be playing against us…

If he DOES leave… and if he doesn’t put out a press conference saying:

”I’m only here for the trophies and to leech off of this clubs recent successes so I can get a few easy medals before the end of my career. I have no affinity for the other players and don’t care if these rat bastard glory hunting fans cheer my name. If the manager knows what’s good for him, he won’t play me against the Villa or I will purposefully try and score a record number of own goals”

or similar?

He is not a Villa fan anymore

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Exciting shape doesnt get players trophies. Answer the question then, which of the top 10 teams are we better than? Which of those teams are suddenly going to go the other way, I've not seen any evidence that any will.

Stroll on…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

West Ham and Leeds for starters - the hammers do not have the squad for Europe and will find playing so many games tough - Leeds probably peaked under bielsa , new kids on the block , I don’t see them  being above villa next season 

Im not sold on West Ham to be fair, now they've lost Lingard but I'm not having that Leeds will have 'peaked' under Bielsa. They've got better and better each year, they were new kids on the block last season, out ran every team in the league and finished 9th with almost the same team from the championship. They're aren't suddenly gong to turn into Burnley.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Let me ask you

It’s about his career though , not his love for villa . Gazza left newcastle , Rooney left Everton , both are still fans of those clubs and love their boyhood clubs regardless of the fact they left 

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They are better than us.

It's not about who got the most flair and skill. A team is about balance, and they have a really solid and balanced team.

This is like the Arsenal trap during the late Wenger era and still to an extent Arsenal now where you're buying all these skillful, technical players thinking you'll stomp everyone. You won't.

If we go into the season with the likes of McGinn and Ramsey our midfield will get overrun like last season.

Until our midfield get sorted I still see us as a mid table team.

No they're not. We battered them on their patch but for some blatantly dodgy refereeing we would have won. We also had chance after chance but kept fluffing our lines too.

Secondly the game at Villa park was played after we had the covid outbreak which rendered us limp for at least 3 months. 

16 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

You missed the bit where I said that Grealish said in his own words the owners sold their ambitions to him.

End of discussion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Im not sold on West Ham to be fair, now they've lost Lingard but I'm not having that Leeds will have 'peaked' under Bielsa. They've got better and better each year, they were new kids on the block last season, out ran every team in the league and finished 9th with almost the same team from the championship. They're aren't suddenly gong to turn into Burnley.

I see no reason whatsoever  why villa won’t finish above Leeds , I’d expect villa to be around top 7 , Leeds probably around 10th to 12th . 

It’s agony for us fans but there is a certain logic for Grealish’s personal ‘brand’ to drag this out for a while before resigning for villa. He gets wall to wall news and social media coverage and it lets everyone be known that the champions and Pep Guardiola himself, the so called best manager in the league, wants him in his team.
Then he shuns it all to resign for villa showing loyalty and the individuality that makes him such a star. He also probably nets him a nice pay rise in the process.

• Like 1

Â