The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

They do have to sell papers, there story's, get your clicks, views and whatever else that generates money for there media company.

I refuse to believe anymore nonsense unless it's confirmed by the clubs that keep so hush hush about this type of news.

What I do believe is each season the truth that comes out during these windows keeps getting smaller and smaller and tougher to find. The BullShit keeps a dark cloud hanging over the transfer window with no ray of sunshine to be seen anywhere making it tough to route through and find anything of worth.

Yeah, I mean, you say that, but Fairy's mate......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Yeah, I mean, you say that, but Fairy's mate......

What do you believe in all this Grealish info that's come out, just out of curiosity?

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So? turning his back on us where we are given he's a Villa fan is not something you do

Where are we exactly? We finished 11th, still not sure which of the top 10 teams we are suddenly better than this season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Where are we exactly? We finished 11th, still not sure which of the top 10 teams we are suddenly better than this season.

We're on an upwards swing having improved season upon season since the new owners got here. We've just signed Buendia and are about to add Bailey to the mix, while keeping a solid squad of players who are also getting better with time and experience. 

With Jack, we could definitely take the next step and get top 6 next season - allowing us to build further. If he goes, it's a massive setback. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

I was hoping for a big push this summer , having lost 5 players and only signing buendia and young it’s a bit disappointing going into august - hopefully there are 3 or 4 lined up . 
if Jack stays I’d think to avoid this saga next summer we really need to be looking to get into Europe this season 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

What do you believe in all this Grealish info that's come out, just out of curiosity?

I thought I had made it clear that I think it is a load of old bollox made up by attention seeking losers on twitter or scumbag journalists with their clickbait incomes to boost and that the stories have holes big enough to drive a bus through.

Maybe he will leave (I dont think he will), but that does not mean for one second that any of these grifters know a damned thing currently.

Nothing I have seen or read has one ounce of substance to it and seems to be mostly people putting 2 and 2 together and making spaghetti. It is like last year's saga of him joining United. 

Our management team do not allow things to leak out and our media group keep things tighter than a duck's chuff.  The notion that training staff (at VP rather than BH for some reason) have insider news that they are sharing with City fans, or that Brenda in the club shop (lovely lass) have been told to stop selling Grealish shirts is beyond laughable.

The guy is still on holiday after a long season followed by the Euros. Yet on here he is being given pelters by people questioning his loyalty. It really is ridiculous how much bedwetting is going on at the moment.

Here's something just as likely to be true:

I was told by a VERY reliable source who NEVER gets things wrong, that Jack did meet with Manchester City representatives in London and they gave him a contract to sign. He pretended to sign it but actually drew a huge cock and balls on the last page. Unfortunately City took this to court and the judge ruled that as there were witnesses to him doing his, it was valid as a signature and ruled that he has to join City. Jack and Villa are now appealing the decision, which is why it is all quiet from both clubs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We are at stage 3. European push

Stage 1. Survive ✅ 

Stage 2. Consolidate ✅ 

Not a chance. 

Not better than City, Liverpool, United,Chelsea 

Not better than West Ham, Leicester 

We're in the pack with the likes of Spurs, Leeds, Arsenal, Everton potentially. 

Edited by villalad21

9 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

He said himself he was sold on the owner's ambitions and plans for the future. That's where we are. We're in the most exciting shape for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Not a chance. 

We're in the pack with the likes of Spurs, Leeds, Arsenal potentially. 

West Ham ffs, they had a good season but are no better than us, out of interest outside of Rice and Soucek, who would get into our starting 11? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Not a chance. 

We're in the pack with the likes of Spurs, Leeds, Arsenal potentially. 

Did Leicester not go from 17th to 1st in one season ? Did West Ham not finish top 6 having narrowly stayed up? 
of course top 6 is achievable next season for villa , not to say we will do but certainly a chance 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

any other season in the last 5 years that points haul wouldve been around top 8.  A club that is massively progressing, his boyhood club next season fighting for a European slot.  He earns massive amounts of money with us with a likely massive pay increase.  Along with being captain and international recognition.  A club that is progressing and building a team around him.  This is all young Villa fans dreams and he has it, he is one of us and for him to turn his back on us would not be right.  I would say more but let's leave it as it not being right.

He is living his dream, a dream we all had as kids to play, captain and be the star at Villa and play for England...to be remembered as a legend at Villa. 

Our dreams werent to play for Villa for a bit, maybe use as a stepping stone when we thought we were better than them jump to a plastic team like City who are buying trophies not winning trophies.  That wasnt the dream.

We are still in the transfer window and looking to buy players, so we can fight for that European place next season.  If Jack leaves, as a Villa fan, then that isnt right...it just isnt, you dont turn your back and that would be turning his back!

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

West Ham ffs, they had a good season but are no better than us, out of interest outside of Rice and Soucek, who would get into our starting 11? 

They are better than us.

It's not about who got the most flair and skill. A team is about balance, and they have a really solid and balanced team.

This is like the Arsenal trap during the late Wenger era and still to an extent Arsenal now where you're buying all these skillful, technical players thinking you'll stomp everyone. You won't.

If we go into the season with the likes of McGinn and Ramsey our midfield will get overrun like last season.

Until our midfield get sorted I still see us as a mid table team.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, Okonokos said:

He said himself he was sold on the owner's ambitions and plans for the future. That's where we are. We're in the most exciting shape for years.

Exciting shape doesnt get players trophies. Answer the question then, which of the top 10 teams are we better than? Which of those teams are suddenly going to go the other way, I've not seen any evidence that any will.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

I was hoping for a big push this summer , having lost 5 players and only signing buendia and young it’s a bit disappointing going into august - hopefully there are 3 or 4 lined up . 
if Jack stays I’d think to avoid this sage next summer we really need to be looking to get into Europe this season 

Which of those 5 players are we going to miss do you think? Which of them leaving has seriously weakened us?

Samatta - no great loss. Was on loan last season.

Heaton - Tom is the only departure that I think weakens us.

Engles - needs a replacement but played very little last season.

Taylor - replaced by Ash = upgrade

Elmo - Guilbert is back = upgrade

Barclay - him leaving is enough to strengthen us! (not one of the five but thought I ought to mention him)

And we have bought in Buendia.

I would say so far we are stronger than last season.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I get it mate, it would be disappointing.

But seriously, he’s a professional, this is his career, not a hobby, really think some folks need a reality check.

Completely disagree...this his career and this is where he can fulfil his dream that he wanted as a career.  I guess it's what you want as a career, I think some folks need a reality check that not everything is black and white as they seem to suggest like some FM game.

• Like 1

Â