The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If these owners lose Grealish, they will replace him with someone just as good. These owners will not be put off  by losing a star player.

As I said in an earlier post, historically our problem has not been losing star players, which we have done many times, our problem has always been the owners.

I agree with that but for me it would be different with him for obvious reasons. Next season would be very difficult to watch emotionally.

Thankfully we haven’t heard any reliable source stating that he’s going, in fact it’s rather the opposite.

To be clear, there is nobody just as good as Jack Grealish that we can buy for £100m. That's why we cannot lose him. For that fee or more.

(I don't think we will lose him, but saying if we did we just go and buy somebody just as good is ludicrous)

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

I dont think he’ll go, but that Collymore tweet has thrown me a bit.

I just hope either way the owners are hard nosed and aggressive in not selling under any circumstance. Hopefully thats been their stance this whole time anyway and we’re all letting the hypotheticals carry our minds away and nothing more.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s how I took it straight away. Wouldn't have even thought anything of it if hadn’t read this thread.  Am I missing something?

Your sanity every time you dip into this thread maybe, It really is too hot for this bollocks. I’m just as bad and will be clicking on this at 2 pm this morning when I go for a piss expecting to see some worthwhile update ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

If these owners lose Grealish, they will replace him with someone just as good. These owners will not be put off  by losing a star player.

As I said in an earlier post, historically our problem has not been losing star players, which we have done many times, our problem has always been the owners.

10 teams finished above us without Jack Grealish.

I would obviously be very upset if he goes, and to be fair i'd be more pissed off with him than the club.

The fact that he's meant to be " One of our own " and leaving us at a moment we are finally on an upwards trajectory is what would do it for me.

What would then make him different to any other player for me?

Anyway, the squad has already started to improve, and surely will do further, but it would certainly be a temporary gut punch.

Unfortunately, I think Jack does love the " Limelight " and could see it as a factor of him wanting to be at a " higher profile " club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

To be clear, there is nobody just as good as Jack Grealish that we can buy for £100m. That's why we cannot lose him. For that fee or more.

(I don't think we will lose him, but saying if we did we just go and buy somebody just as good is ludicrous)

Agree but disagree at the same time

We would need to change the team and the squad, end our dependancy on him which would be a good thing, take the £120m and buy the best DMC and AMC that we can, or go get Tammy for £40m and change our shape

Don't put massive emphasis on replacing him and playing the same way

But he's not leaving so it's not a problem... 

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

this is not true. look at elite players who we could not obtain who are not as good as him. mason mount, foden, & saka are not as good as jack but we have zero chance of signing them. even smith rowe would rather stay at the arsenal car crash than come to us.

i would rather we use the money more wisely and go for promising youngsters who COULD be as good as him in a few years and accept 10th-15th place finishes for the next few seasons than try and replace him. because we simply cannot replace him

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The ones when he was with Jacks Dad insinuating that Jack was signing the deal. Then compounding it with the one below.

Seems with that last one as if Jacks open to moving.. 🤔 

I wouldn’t pay to much attention to Stanley Vickers 

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this is not true. look at elite players who we could not obtain who are not as good as him. mason mount, foden, & saka are not as good as jack but we have zero chance of signing them. even smith rowe would rather stay at the arsenal car crash than come to us.

i would rather we use the money more wisely and go for promising youngsters who COULD be as good as him in a few years and accept 10th-15th place finishes for the next few seasons than try and replace him. because we simply cannot replace him

It's why yet again keeping Grealish is of paramount importance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

10 teams finished above us without Jack Grealish.

I would obviously be very upset if he goes, and to be fair i'd be more pissed off with him than the club.

The fact that he's meant to be " One of our own " and leaving us at a moment we are finally on an upwards trajectory is what would do it for me.

What would then make him different to any other player for me?

Anyway, the squad has already started to improve, and surely will do further, but it would certainly be a temporary gut punch.

Unfortunately, I think Jack does love the " Limelight " and could see it as a factor of him wanting to be at a " higher profile " club.

I think it would be odd for him to go to a bigger club in search of the limelight. Sure he would get the chance to compete in bigger competitions, for now, but it would be nothing like the adulation dumped on him by Villa and the supporters. He is practically a god for the club. If that's not the ultimate form of "the Limelight" then I don't know what is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

What a day this was 

Amazing. Love everyone’s reaction in that, Conor and Tammy going nuts at the guy, and Mings coming over cool as **** calming everyone down so we don’t lose our heads over it. Iconic moment of this era Villa.

Edited by a m ole

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I dont think he’ll go, but that Collymore tweet has thrown me a bit.

I just hope either way the owners are hard nosed and aggressive in not selling under any circumstance. Hopefully thats been their stance this whole time anyway and we’re all letting the hypotheticals carry our minds away and nothing more.

i strongly suggest you stop reading collymore tweets for so many more reasons than just this.

• Like 3

Â