The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

37 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I love Saka but is he really better than Grealish? 

Either way! CMON ENGLAND 

Shocked he’s playing him, it’s his first tournament so he hasn’t got the experience, as Southgate said about Sancho, oh wait, or was it that he hasn’t had premier league experience, no… Philips, Mount, so confusing. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Mason Mount, though. Mason bloody Mount. 

Not had a good tournament but I like him 

He plays deeper than Jack does in the middle so it's no surprise 

Its the rice + phillips combo that kills Jack's chances, Mount should be one of those 2 

• Like 4

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Will play every minute of the tournament regardless of performance. (If not isolating obv.)

If Grealish had hugged McGinn and had to isolate, Southgate would have dumped him from the squad.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Its the rice + phillips combo that kills Jack's chances, Mount should be one of those 2 

Spot on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep it's ultra cautious. Sickening... but successful so far! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

That's what I find annoying though, people say you can't argue because it's working but they are just being results orientated, a lot as gone our way and we have still just ploded along until Ukraine didn't even turn up. What we are doing is not optimal long term, that's why we haven't made a final for decades.

It's like a bad poker player in a tournament, he gets lucky until his luck runs out because he is not being optimal, then one day he plays and doesn't matter what he does and he makes the final, sits down against much better players now, they grind him down and he gets knocked out. That's us, once in a very long everything is going our way until its crunch time.

We should be playing our best offensive setup every game, with a sound attacking philosophy and then the onus is on the opposition to try and figure how to cope with us..

The short version of the above is.... the manager is a ****

I don’t care about the future, I care about winning this tournament…

if we get destroyed today I’ll join y’all in criticizing Southgate… For now though, I’m actually going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

No point letting Jack disappointment ruin what is the best chance of a final for the entire time I’ve been a football fan!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

if we get destroyed today I’ll join y’all in criticizing Southgate… For now though, I’m actually going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

No point letting Jack disappointment ruin what is the best chance of a final for the entire time I’ve been a football fan!

Can't argue with that Chicago but I personally want to enjoy a game of football as well as the result, I'd love to see us play like either of them last night.

If Grealish can’t get in the starting eleven, England must be absolutely amazing and should win this at a canter followed by a convincing win against Italy. No. I don’t think that either!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

The time for Jack will come hopefully tonight.  He will only get his 30 mins if we are drawing blanks and kane isn't getting into the game.

At least he can't get the blame if things go wrong.

Not so sure. Sancho would look to be the impact sub. Jack will only come on if we are in dire straights.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not so sure. Sancho would look to be the impact sub. Jack will only come on if we are in dire straights.

That is what I think as well, now Sancho has signed for Manure he will get more game time, no coincidence he started last game.... 

I think it will be a lot tighter against Italy and he will come on to unlock their defence if we are still in it.  Tonight might be a bit more comfortable and Southgate will go with his safe subs.  Maybe an early Denmark goal would be good for Jack's chances.

6 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Absolutely agree.  
I don’t think anyone here is hoping for anything other than a win.

Jack disappointment is exactly that, Jack disappointment - and of course people will come to vent their frustration in the Jack Grealish thread.

Even if he doesn’t play another minute, an England win will do wonders for the entire nations feel good factor - and with all this covid business, it’s desperately needed. So of course I’m completely behind the England team today and for the final.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not really sure about that though. If anything, him against Germany seemingly cemented him as the impact sub for Southgate. Sancho coming on was just a temporary plug-in for Saka to rest the ankle. 

Â