The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Lord Willard said:

I love Saka but is he really better than Grealish? 

Either way! CMON ENGLAND 

I think Southgate thinks Saka provides more defensive cover, whilst still being creative

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Which players in the current team do you detest? It's one of the most likeable England teams in a long while for me.

I can’t answer for @rjw63, well I probably could have a guess (all of them?) 

But I don’t much like Maguire, Kane, Rice, Walker or Shaw. I can tolerate the rest. 

My favourite England players at the moment are Grealish and Mings. In future I’ll add Watkins and Cash to that 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I agree its not personal but as Mourinho said its favouritism. Southgate does  not trust Grealish to start because he doesn't do enough off the ball. But when you have two holding midfield players plus a strong presser like Mount you can afford to pick a Grealish who will create more chances than anybody else.

Yeah I mean if you have a system like Southgate does you're going to have your favourites to fit that way of playing. I don't think it's favouritism in the sense it's a slight on Jacks ability though. Southgate is like a kid with one of those triangle, circle, square puzzle toys for toddlers and Jack is a complicated shape that doesn't fit lol

His priority is playing safe and defensive foremost but If the tactic fails or is failing... sling Jack on and hope for the best! We don't want England to fail but we want to see Jack! I hope it is a tough but successful game for us lol

Just now, It's Your Round said:

But I don’t much like Maguire, Kane, Rice, Walker or Shaw. I can tolerate the rest. 

My favourite England players at the moment are Grealish and Mings. In future I’ll add Watkins and Cash to that 👍🏻

And ESR. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

It's like others have said, the idiot wants to plod along never getting beat badly, keep his job, make the semis, he's happy with that.

Yh.

Well, we keep winning, so hard to argue with the boring git.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sophie, ******* Sophie, it's that posh stuff the off topic crowd watch pal, No14 is the one with Doreen and big Baz.

Doreen The Docker who did Big Baz round the back of the fish factory with a frozen haddock bent over a lobster pot? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Thug said:

Yh.

Well, we keep winning, so hard to argue with the boring git.

That's what I find annoying though, people say you can't argue because it's working but they are just being results orientated, a lot as gone our way and we have still just ploded along until Ukraine didn't even turn up. What we are doing is not optimal long term, that's why we haven't made a final for decades.

It's like a bad poker player in a tournament, he gets lucky until his luck runs out because he is not being optimal, then one day he plays and doesn't matter what he does and he makes the final, sits down against much better players now, they grind him down and he gets knocked out. That's us, once in a very long everything is going our way until its crunch time.

We should be playing our best offensive setup every game, with a sound attacking philosophy and then the onus is on the opposition to try and figure how to cope with us..

The short version of the above is.... the manager is a ****

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

Whether he gets on or not, whether we go through or not, Jack owns a tournament victory against Germany. Growing up, that was the Holy Grail of footballing achievement. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We should be playing our best offensive setup every game, with a sound attacking philosophy and then the onus is on the opposition to try and figure how to cope with us..

Absolutely when we're the "better" team.

Against Italy in the final, I would expect us to be maybe slightly more pragmatic, but against everyone else we've played this tournament so far we should have been wiping the floor with them. Sadly it's been a trudge followed by a hammering of an incredibly poor Ukraine.

Germany I would say was the only "good" performance against a good team, but even then we got a very poor version of Germany. And even then got lucky that Sterling's major fu*k up wasn't punished by Muller. Edit: and it required Jack to come on and progress that good performance into a win.

I really need us to hammer Denmark to be convinced, but even then they aren't exactly a top ranked side that should be posing us a threat.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

That's what I find annoying though, people say you can't argue because it's working but they are just being results orientated, a lot as gone our way and we have still just ploded along until Ukraine didn't even turn up. What we are doing is not optimal long term, that's why we haven't made a final for decades.

It's like a bad poker player in a tournament, he gets lucky until his luck runs out because he is not being optimal, then one day he plays and doesn't matter what he does and he makes the final, sits down against much better players now, they grind him down and he gets knocked out. That's us, once in a very long everything is going our way until its crunch time.

The short version of the above is.... the manager is a ****

I’m still clinging to the managing Jack’s fitness theory. Mainly for my own sanity. Anyway back on subject, Doreen and Big Baz. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Absolutely when we're the "better" team.

Against Italy in the final, I would expect us to be maybe slightly more pragmatic, but against everyone else we've played this tournament so far we should have been wiping the floor with them. Sadly it's been a trudge followed by a hammering of an incredibly poor Ukraine.

Germany I would say was the only "good" performance against a good team, but even then we got a very poor version of Germany. And even then got lucky that Sterling's major fu*k up wasn't punished by Muller.

I really need us to hammer Denmark to be convinced, but even then they aren't exactly a top ranked side that should be posing us a threat.

Well said but that's a Southgate team against this Italy, for the sake of argument, give this squad to Pep and to a man we are the better squad and  will be as good as or better coached than a Mancini team. Mancini is the difference in the here and now though and as you say a pragmatic approach is our best bet.... just got to put the Danes away first pal.🤞

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Which players in the current team do you detest? It's one of the most likeable England teams in a long while for me.

All of 'em ;)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Correct, I don't like anyone apart from Villa players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â