The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Keeping a player who wants to leave against his will never works out for the club or the player. Every club's fans do this same pointless hardball routine everytime a player they don't want to leave is involved in transfer speculation.

It always ends the same way. If he wants to leave, the club shouldn't stand in his way, they should just focus on getting the right price.

Jack will get over it. It isn't the same getting to play for the club you've always wanted to play for or being forced to stay at Tottenham. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Keeping a player who wants to leave against his will never works out for the club or the player. Every club's fans do this same pointless hardball routine everytime a player they don't want to leave is involved in transfer speculation.

It always ends the same way. If he wants to leave, the club shouldn't stand in his way, they should just focus on getting the right price.

Say that to Levy on his stance against Kane leaving the club - He would rather watch him rot in the reserves than selling him.

Edited by Denaldinho

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

What if Liverpool then come for Ollie, Man U for Konsa…do we throw up our hands and let them leave easily….of course not!  You fight and keep them.

Then they leave if they pay the right price, just like, you know, every star player we've ever had who got offers.

By "fight" you mean what exactly? Offer half the wages they can get elsewhere? Or promise them European football we don't have? You need to remember we're a midtable Premier League club two seasons removed from the Championship.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I really don't think this happens as much as people think. 

I think it happens all the time. If you are an agent it's no lose scenario. Get publicity and interest in your client at a time when contract negotiations are going on. 

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Tosh!

So as we keep getting better we will be seen as an easy push over by other clubs and our players.  What if Liverpool then come for Ollie, Man U for Konsa…do we throw up our hands and let them leave easily….of course not!  You fight and keep them.

So Tosh to your comment with all respect. We can’t turn into a club that roll over easy.

Exactly That’s part of what got us into a mess over the past years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

One thing for me is, if we are going to start selling our best players again, how are we ever gonna get the success we all so desire.

By spending the money well. 
Much easier said than done but that’s how teams like Leicester have pushed on.

The way I see it, neither club has any money worries at all (aside perhaps from FFP if we are to believe Villa still really care about that).

But, fundamentally, City can afford whatever they want to pay and we can afford to not sell regardless of the offer. Therefore I don't believe there is any of this "clubs in a fight to sign/keep Grealish" stuff we are seeing in the press. It would just be Jack's choice, and if he does want to go, I'm sure city would be accepting of the high price he would cost.

31 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

Say that to Levy on his stance against Kane leaving the club - He would rather watch him rot in the reserves than selling him.

No he won't its just brinkmanship. 

If in the unlikely event Kane is not sold either he will shrug his shoulders and play on or throw a massive wobbly and get loaned out for a season.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

By spending the money well. 
Much easier said than done but that’s how teams like Leicester have pushed on.

They also won a title first, which made the process of attracting new talent a little easier. 

• Like 2

It seems all this started this morning with it "breaking" on SkyScumSport.

I hope any of you lot on here who actually put money in these words removed pockets will now be cancelling.

They do the bidding of the Scum Six, if you purchase their product you're helping them.

• Like 2

Just now, R.Bear said:

Then they leave if they pay the right price, just like, you know, every star player we've ever had who got offers.

By "fight" you mean what exactly? Offer half the wages they can get elsewhere? Or promise them European football we don't have? You need to remember we're a midtable Premier League club two seasons removed from the Championship.

By fight I mean just tell Man City “He’s not for sale” with any communication.  That’s end of story.

Meanwhile offer Jack a massive bumper pay rise, tell him our plans and hopefully he signs, if not he still has four years left.

If he decides to hand a transfer request, deny it.  Then unless it really goes tits up it’s end of story.  Jack isn’t going to down tools.

But to Man City…just three simple words any time they contact us “Not for Sale”.  We don’t have to engage any further!

We don’t have to do anything we have the player contracted for four more years, you really think a player like Jack who only loves playing football is going to not play for four years…he’ll be sad for a month and he’ll be back if he was that desperate to get away but we all know he’s not, he loves being at Villa.

Yeah but we haven’t had owners like now, we don’t have to sell…first time in my my 44 years we’ve had that

You need to remember we're a midtable Premier League club two seasons removed from the Championship.

What has this to do with the price of bread! Surely our progression over the last three years and everything the owners have done is a positive in Jack staying and us aiming for Europe next season.  Our progression is a positive but somehow you are perceiving as a negative 🤨

We are in such a strong position.  You keep the player because of his worth on and off the pitch plus if you let him go we become so much weaker on the pitch, off the pitch, we will struggle to attract genuine quality players and big clubs will see us as easy pickings to get our other stars.  

Selling Jack is a pivotal moment for this club! If we keep him then belief in the clubs project continues but sell him we become weak and the project is struggling by taking many steps backwards.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m not overly bothered by this. If he wants to leave let him for the right offer. He’s earned it.

If he wants to stay, pay him whatever we reasonably can. He’s earned it.

That’s kind of all there is to it. 

Right now we still think Grealish can go on to be one of the best players in the world.

A middling injury prone season with villa and England though - his value will go through the floor.

Personally I don't think at villa his value will ever be higher than it is now.

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think it happens all the time. If you are an agent it's no lose scenario. Get publicity and interest in your client at a time when contract negotiations are going on. 

Contract negotiations are always going on. He has already signed a massive multi year contract less than a year ago.

Barely 30 league games later  the agent is angling for more. Sounds harsh but true.

Ideally it would be great if Aston Villa was famous for being a brilliant team and Jack was a part of this. That's not the case, so the one certainty that will keep us up there in the world wide news is continuing to be the club that Jack Grealish captains.

If we sell Grealish then the focus of the fickle media immediately moves onto the next current sensation. 

JG is worth his weight in gold to AVFC at the moment, selling him as he reaches his zenith in terms of both marketing and incoming player attraction would be counter productive to Villa's growth. Our owners are aware of the added 'JG' status that we currently enjoy.

• Like 3

Â