The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

True but being in it doesn’t mean you’ll ever win it.

They are not that far away from winning it. I know Grealish loves the club but hes away with the likes of Mount and Foden and who kinows what they talk about. Its not a sure thing he will stay no matter how much we want it to be. 

Bet the England camp is happy place with all this shit floating around, Sterling will be well impressed  hearing he is out of a job 😝.

Joking apart every player has a price but with us not needing to sell and next season being the one we attempt to break the top 4 I think we are talking about £150-£200m to get Grealish...  plus his wages which would have to be £300k per week. Will they give Jack the number 10 position? Captaincy? 

Let's see if he starts against the Germans, I have a feeling Jack could be catapulted into the stratosphere after a performance we all know he is easily capable of. 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They are not that far away from winning it. I know Grealish loves the club but hes away with the likes of Mount and Foden and who kinows what they talk about. Its not a sure thing he will stay no matter how much we want it to be. 

But it’s about as sure as it can be that he’s staying however much the media want that not to be the case.

17 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Ideally it would be great if Aston Villa was famous for being a brilliant team and Jack was a part of this. That's not the case, so the one certainty that will keep us up there in the world wide news is continuing to be the club that Jack Grealish captains.

If we sell Grealish then the focus of the fickle media immediately moves onto the next current sensation. 

JG is worth his weight in gold to AVFC at the moment, selling him as he reaches his zenith in terms of both marketing and incoming player attraction would be counter productive to Villa's growth. Our owners are aware of the added 'JG' status that we currently enjoy.

We were definitely turning heads in the first half of the season. The 7-2 of Liverpool won't soon be forgotten. We were playing the best football in the league until Jack got injured. With better players next year and a hopefully fully fit Jack, there's no reason why we can't replicate that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Bet the England camp is happy place with all this shit floating around, Sterling will be well impressed  hearing he is out of a job 😝.

Joking apart every player has a price but with us not needing to sell and next season being the one we attempt to break the top 4 I think we are talking about £150-£200m to get Grealish...  plus his wages which would have to be £300k per week. Will they give Jack the number 10 position? Captaincy? 

Let's see if he starts against the Germans, I have a feeling Jack could be catapulted into the stratosphere after a performance we all know he is easily capable of. 

Not sure Southgate will give him that chance.  I don’t think he’ll start against the Germans and despite the Germans not looking great, they always do well in tournaments where we don’t.  Hopefully this isn’t our last match.  If it is our last match then Jack may not get much time left to excel in the tournament.  I’m also not convinced Jack will shine even we go further, Southgates slow defensive style is going to hinder Jack severely.

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

To lift some of the gloom regarding Grealish, I am not lying when I say this, Grealish’s Dad said to me about 8 months ago that he will leave in 2 years time. It is your choice whether you believe me or not, I promise I am not lying

Ffs. At least we have another year of him. 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

To lift some of the gloom regarding Grealish, I am not lying when I say this, Grealish’s Dad said to me about 8 months ago that he will leave in 2 years time. It is your choice whether you believe me or not, I promise I am not lying

Not disbelieving you just a couple of questions to help me

Why did he tell you that?

Why would he give out private information?

Is there an agreement that he leaves at that point?

Is there another club it’s agreed to?

Weird timeframe

Edited by nick76

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How could he know what the situation would be in 2 years. What if we got relegated one year later? What if we win the league next year?

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ffs. At least we have another year of him. 

16 months…which means October 2023 so doesn’t leave until the winter transfer window 😉😂

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not disbelieving you just a couple of questions to help me

Why did he tell you that?

Why would he give out private information?

Is there an agreement that he leaves at that point?

Is there another club it’s agreed to?

Weird timeframe

I asked his Dad is he going to leave? His Dad said 2 years time, straight from the horses mouth, whether that has changed since I don’t know but I promise that’s what he said at the time

1 minute ago, useless said:

For the love of god I wish people would shut up about Grealish. We need some news of a new signing or something.

Well this is the Grealish thread. What else would we be talking about? 😅

But seriously I do get your point. We just need to chill out.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I asked his Dad is he going to leave? His Dad said 2 years time, straight from the horses mouth, whether that has changed since I don’t know but I promise that’s what he said at the time

we also have to consider whether he was telling the truth or just something to say.  I assume you aren’t close to the Grealish family, apologises if you are but it’s not something you’d say in all seriousness about a private matter to a random person.  He probably gets it asked all the time by anybody and everybody.  2 years is short enough for fan relief and not too long to be unrealistic and gets him out of that discussion.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m also not convinced Jack will shine even we go further, Southgates slow defensive style is going to hinder Jack severely.

In every match he has played he's shown enough to shine for me. People look at Jack and see what they want to see. I see a player who is on a completely different  level to everyone on the pitch. The media don't see it, at least the UK media don't. His cross was described as deflected by Dixon , the control of the ball from 40 yards went unnoticed. I have spoke to fans from plenty of clubs who see what I see in Jack's play, he's special , too special.(even blues fans are in agreement,  he needs to play)

The media want the status quo to continue, the top 6 clubs having the best players, it's unbearable to see us , Villa , having a player who can excite the football World and get fans watching us for the sake of watching Jack. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hippo said:

Right now we still think Grealish can go on to be one of the best players in the world.

A middling injury prone season with villa and England though - his value will go through the floor.

Personally I don't think at villa his value will ever be higher than it is now.

are you serious? There is no player in football with his unique talent - yeah, he was injured so is a lot of good players even the greats.  In it's simples form Jack adds to a team I'm talking Madrid, Juventus etc etc Villa have produced a generational talent.

Â