The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Same bet applies mate 😋

If he had two years left I’d take you up. With a long time left, Villa can play hard ball and keep him even if it upsets the player. But it’s just delaying what’s usually the inevitable.

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The placement of that pink candle in his birthday cake is suspect (it's not obvious unless you zoom in!).

Edited by Rolta
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would think it was Aguero's dream to win the Euro cup at Man City....(Nothing is Guaranteed.....Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid and PSG, Europes biggest teams, non made the final)

didn't work out for Aguero in that respect did it, despite him being world class.

Some teams reach the European Cup final, some teams win it. It’s nice to see a plucky little club reach the final  now and then. Still no big shiny thing in the trophy cabinet though.

We could win it again before that lot ever do. Do you want to bet against us Pepe?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, babyblue said:

We've been through this enough ourselves recently. No matter how ambitious you are, or what you can offer, players want to play at the very top and win things regularly. We've won the league and FA cup recently, have billionaire owners, great facilities and pay good money... but if a big clubs, bid massive money, players will by eyeing that up. There is only so long you can fend off offers like this, that is the reality. 

It's down to the player, if he wants out then in the end you are better off just cashing in, because the second he's looking elsewhere they will lose an edge. The key is using that money wisely, it's not about replacing HIM. It's about improving 3 or 4 areas, so that you improve as a team. 

Losing Kante and Mahrez was massive and we've never replaced them as players. But we replaced Danny Simpson with Ricardo, Okazaki with Maddison etc.

Be nice to see a player say no, I want to stay at my boyhood club. But it's a rarity. 

Sure, if it comes to that. It becomes about milking every inch of the transfer and moulding the narrative.

But, I do not believe you can compare Grealish to Kante, Mahrez, or even Chilwell. If this was Konsa, Emi, McGinn or Watkins I would agree. Honestly, this is a unique situation.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

In his interview for England. His dream is to win the Champions League.... 

I love Villa but I can't see that happening with us 😭

Well it’s never happened to Man City either!

• Like 1

Getting down to realism. We won't get in the Champions League next season, let's be honest, even with Grealish. We are too far off. So either he leaves this summer or next summer either way.

Personally I prefer whichever give us most money which I assume will be next summer. One more to recover from covid. 

What we need to do then is not waste the majority of it like Tottenham did with the Bale money.

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I took Man City their entire history until this season gone to reach a final never mind win it. No point in Jack going there anytime soon if he wants a CL winners medal. 

Let's be honest, City are probably closer to any team in Europe right now to winning it. If you were to bet on a team winning it next season, I imagine they'd be odds on.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

His agent leaked this man city story to get him more money. 

I really don't think this happens as much as people think. 

I'm pretty sure people at villa are switched on enough to contact Manchester City and find out for themselves if the interest is real. 

I also doubt his agent needs to do anything to get him more money. I'm sure we will continue to try and keep him here with high wages. 

Ultimately we missed the boat in 2008 with Lerner and now the top 4 is effectively a closed shop. Anytime a team below have the nerve to get a good player they get bought by one of those teams to push the ones trying back down. So those teams can never break through. It happened with Young and Milner, and it will happen again with Grealish.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

Ultimately we missed the boat in 2008 with Lerner and now the top 4 is effectively a closed shop. Anytime a team below have the nerve to get a good player they get bought by one of those teams to push the ones trying back down. So those teams can never break through. It happened with Young and Milner, and it will happen again with Grealish.

We say that, but I don't see Leicester in any hurry to sell Maddison and Tielemans and co. despite the rumours every summer. They sold Maguire because United came in with an absolutely absurd offer, as well as the fact that it's a lot easier to replace a CB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Sure, if it comes to that. It becomes about milking every inch of the transfer and moulding the narrative.

But, I do not believe you can compare Grealish to Kante, Mahrez, or even Chilwell. If this was Konsa, Emi, McGinn or Watkins I would agree. Honestly, this is a unique situation.

I appreciate that, but players have left their boyhood clubs before.

I mean he’s still young, he could move and win everything and still come back in his prime if he wanted to after 4 years somewhere. 

It is just his choice, like Kane. Do you stay and not end up with a haul of meddles or go and win things.

Of course you can win things, of all fans we should know that. But it’s bloody difficult and far from certain. 

35 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

He would just be another cog at Man City - he wouldn’t be idolised like he is at Villa. He would be regularly left out of the team and he wouldn’t be the main man.  What makes his talent all the more special is that he is Villa through and through. 

The two players he struggles to dislodge in the England side are Sterling and Foden. Both of them play at Citeh so why go there? He knows he's first name on the team sheet at Villa and if we win something within the next 8-10 years he will be lifting the trophy. 

If he goes I'll be disappointed. What would be funny is if he went and we spent the money wisely and got to a position in 4 years' time where he came back for free and took us to that trophy lol

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We say that, but I don't see Leicester in any hurry to sell Maddison and Tielemans and co. despite the rumours every summer. They sold Maguire because United came in with an absolutely absurd offer, as well as the fact that it's a lot easier to replace a CB.

We aren’t in a rush to, but ultimately if we get a bid and the player wants out, they are gone.

Just now, babyblue said:

We aren’t in a rush to, but ultimately if we get a bid and the player wants out, they are gone.

Just a bid?

I imagine you have a selling price. I remember United coming in with 70m for Maguire at first which you rejected.

The 100m being quoted for Grealish right now doesn't even scratch the surface. That was his price last year before he made his England debut. Now he's starting for England at the Euros. 

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You say this as if Aston Villa don’t have a choice. Even if he wanted to leave, tell him no and let him be sad for a few weeks before reality kicks in. It wouldn’t be the first time. 

I’m not sure it would do anyone any good to refuse him a move if he goes to the club and asks to be let go

• Like 1

Â