The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Fair point, but it's still tough

West Ham almost did it. This is the time to pounce. The traditional big teams are at their weakest, bar City of course. With some consistent form, we can catch 1 or 2 of them off guard. We should already be looking to leapfrog Spurs and Arsenal as it is. But if Liverpool hit a rough patch again, or something goes tits up with Chelsea (I fear they'll be very good under Tuchel though), we're going to be right there along with Leicester to take advantage I imagine.

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Maybe you're all right, no-one will know unless they're in Jack's head. But a new contract isn't a major sign of anything, it just means we won't lose him for a ridiculous fee, which, even if he wanted to leave, would be the last thing he wanted to happen to his boyhood club.

I just think he's such a big football fan that he'll be want to be playing in these huge games sooner rather than later in his career.

Or such a huge football fan…or such a huge Villa fan he’d want to try and get Villa to those heights, it’s what we all dream about as kids and he’s living that dream.  Our dream isn’t in a Man City shirt it’s doing it in a Villa shirt.

19 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But he could guarantee CL football by moving now.

We've just finished 11th, stepping up to CL qualification won't be happening any time soon, and is more difficult than people think. Look at how much Everton have been spending, and getting nowhere near it.

If Jack hadn’t got injured… there’s a 75% chance we’d be in champions league now

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I wonder what an all-time "One Club Starting XI" would look like...

Maldini

Totti

Le Tissier

Raul?

Iniesta

help me out, guys

Messi    

Giggs              Totti            Muller

Gerrard    Scholes

Maldini   Baresi   Adams   Puyol

Akinfeev

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Messi    

Giggs              Totti            Muller

Gerrard    Scholes

Maldini   Baresi   Adams   Puyol

Akinfeev

Gerrard no, can fit in Busquets maybe. Strange not so easy to find a goalkeeper but thats some defence

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Such an FA move, will sign it Monday and Germany put 6 past England on Tuesday 😂

If we don't beat Germany, I think he has to admit himself, he has took us as far as he can. I would expect him to resign, an be honest with himself that he can do no more with this squad of world class players.

Edited by foreveryoung

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

If we don't beat Germany, I think he has to admit himself, he took has us as far as he can. I would expect him to resign, an be honest with himself that he can do no more with this squad of world class players.

That's not what I expect him to do.

33 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

But he could guarantee CL football by moving now.

We've just finished 11th, stepping up to CL qualification won't be happening any time soon, and is more difficult than people think. Look at how much Everton have been spending, and getting nowhere near it.

They’ve spent it all on ageing players though who will inevitably regress, we’ve spent on players who are and will progress 

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If we don't beat Germany, I think he has to admit himself, he has took us as far as he can. I would expect him to resign, an be honest with himself that he can do no more with this squad of world class players.

I think there is little chance of that. He’ll think he’s done enough to keep going.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I dont think so, i expect him to throw Jack, Sancho and Saka under the bus for being inexperienced and wishing Jordan H was fit

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You really think as high as that?

Jack started 24 games, and we got 42 points

Points per game when Jack started :1.75

In the 14 games he didn’t start we got 13 points

38x1.75= 66.5 Which would’ve put us above leicester in 5th and rounding up joint with chelsea in 4th

we played some proper shit teams in the time that he missed, and probably would have done even better.

So Yh, 75% chance I reckon.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't expect him to, but he should.

Southgate will rightly conclude his selection was too adventurous and attacking. Kane may be a good striker but an elite pressing team would play Eric Dier as the 9. Defend from the front, you win by not conceding. 

Â