The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

If people stopped listening to talkshite and paying any attention to their bs, they’d be all the more better off..

Can’t help it.  
I enjoy being angry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Alot of reasons have been mentioned as to why Jack stays, so I will just add another which hasn't probably been touched on much.

In my FF team, I had Foden, Lo Celso and Stones. Great players, who would start every week at any club, except for Mank City apparently. It was frustrating, because Pep likes to rotate his players, regardless if there are no injuries or fatigue. Such was my disappointment to find a fat 0 next to their names, despite them winning well.

Jack throws a hissy fit if he is subbed off in the last 2 minutes. How is he going to feel that he is not going to play every game at a club which has no soul in the first place? 

I do feel as though we need to make a statement signing this summer.

Right now Jack is playing with players some way behind his ability (some are very good players Buendia, McGinn, Watkins, Konsa etc but not world class as of yet).

We need to make a real statement signing, someone who is on the same wavelength that Jack is on. A real quality winger or central midfielder would do this, although I don't know who this would be. City made a huge statement of their intentions with the signing of Robinho, are we now at a level where we could pull something similar off, and in the process prove to Jack the ambition of the owners?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bose said:

He’ll sign a new contract this summer.

We’re going for it.

Absolutely this.

He’d be the best payed player in the premier league before he’s allowed to leave.

We are not about to sell the darling of English football for 2 Joelintons and a Solanke.

• Like 1

i dont think thatssmith way promising young players  un

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I do feel as though we need to make a statement signing this summer.

Right now Jack is playing with players some way behind his ability (some are very good players Buendia, McGinn, Watkins, Konsa etc but not world class as of yet).

We need to make a real statement signing, someone who is on the same wavelength that Jack is on. A real quality winger or central midfielder would do this, although I don't know who this would be. City made a huge statement of their intentions with the signing of Robinho, are we now at a level where we could pull something similar off, and in the process prove to Jack the ambition of the owners?

proven

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It's not quite the same though for me. Big CL nights are a big draw, especially for someone who loves football as much as Jack, the NBA doesn't have an equivalent to that.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

It's not quite the same though for me. Big CL nights are a big draw, especially for someone who loves football as much as Jack.

If he stays we can make a real tilt at top 4 or top 6 next season. It's not like he's turning 35 next year and I'm sure that's what he signed up for when he signed his new contract last year.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If he stays we can make a real tilt at top 4 or top 6 next season. It's not like he's turning 35 next year and I'm sure that's what he signed up for when he signed his new contract last year.

Exactly, he was also sold on the project last year. Said himself the target was 8-12th. The owners have not reneged on their word and are investing. I reckon it’ll be another contract, more incomings and a push for top 6.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

But he could guarantee CL football by moving now.

We've just finished 11th, stepping up to CL qualification won't be happening any time soon, and is more difficult than people think. Look at how much Everton have been spending, and getting nowhere near it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Terry who played a season at Villa? 

Honestly forgot about that. Dont think of him as an ex villa player at all. The Bruce years are so forgetable (also forgot about Gerrard in America) 

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

We've just finished 11th, stepping up to CL qualification won't be happening any time soon, and is more difficult than people think. Look at how much Everton have been spending, and getting nowhere near it.

But he knew this before signing the contract. He knew we weren't going to be in the top 4 last season and it would be a 2-3 year thing at the earliest. It's not like we finished 15th, we were actually disappointed with 11th and finished with 55 points that on average would have you top 8. We also look like we're heavily investing again this summer, already breaking our transfer record again.

From his perspective, everything is on track no? Why would he suddenly change now? What's the urgency? If there was any time to leave, it was after we just finished 17th on the last day. Last summer would have been the hardest time to convince him, and we did it. He's playing for England at the Euros after that. CL can wait. He'll be a CL caliber player next year and the year after that too. He has the luxury to stick around and see if he can realize that ambition at Villa. It didn't look like it was even possible 2 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Following that logic, why not push for move last season? He could have got guaranteed CL then? Why did sign a contract, under the premise of the project? After we’d just finished 17th. 

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Everton also don’t have a Jack.  

Maybe you're all right, no-one will know unless they're in Jack's head. But a new contract isn't a major sign of anything, it just means we won't lose him for a ridiculous fee, which, even if he wanted to leave, would be the last thing he wanted to happen to his boyhood club.

I just think he's such a big football fan that he'll be want to be playing in these huge games sooner rather than later in his career.

Â