The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I wouldn't read too much into these types of interviews. 

Exactly this, so many making too much of general comments and responses to questions directed at him.

I mean, for example, when you ask any player what their dream is, wouldn’t they all say “to win the Champions League or World Cup”? It’s not the same as saying “I want to got to x club so I can win x”, or “I want to go to a bigger club” etc. etc.

Who’s going to say “my dream is to survive relegation every season” etc? 

(Not relevant but I’m suddenly reminded of Bacuna saying he wanted to play for a Champions League club 🤣)

Generic and expected responses, players are not going to completely open their heart and mind or reveal their innermost feelings to any random person  or journalist are they? They’re forced to give responses and often on the spot.

I’m sure the people that mean the most to Jack are his immediate family members and they would all be dreaming of him achieving and winning things with their beloved club… we’re more on course for that now than we have been for decades…

Imagine being the boyhood villa fan who became captain, idolised at the club… to then walk away and go join another team only to watch on as Villa rise up through the European ranks and win the CL without you. 

Grealish moving… it’s just not happening,  not with these owners in charge and their ambition. 

Pay him a good wage and he will be here for life, it’s that simple, do players truly care about winning the CL… I mean really?

Rather become a Villa legend and go down as an all time hero personally than a journeyman. 

• Like 2

Just now, est1874 said:

If he wants to win the Champions League why would he join a club who have shown themselves to be entirely incapable of winning it, despite being freely granted everything they could possibly need to do so.

Steve Harvey Nodding GIF

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Well been on the road all day today listening to this speculation on Talk Shite. Went from Jim White saying Man City have tabled a £100 million offer and he is as good as gone. To Man City are going to offer £100 mil for Jack Grealish after the Euro's.

To be honest I don't think the board would let him go for that measly sum. Although not sure if it was Townsend saying a club like Villa could not refuse 100 million for jack. Obviously don't know Villa anymore, bloody mug!!!

Jim White needs a good beating…

beat up will ferrell GIF

6 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

What's the read into, the bloke said he wants to win the Champions League. 

He didn't say FA CUP or PL. He said he wants to win the CL. Thats fine saying that if you're playing for Chelsea or Liverpool but when you play for Villa that ain't happening in atleast 10 years.

Ajax reached the semi finals. Spurs were in the finals. We beat Liverpool 7-2. The only teams in the top half we didn't beat were the Manchester clubs and West ham. We can beat anyone and that's before presumably what will be in the ball park of 400 million more in investment between now and jacks 30th birthday. 

10 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Reading way too much that comment. He said CL or WC/Euros. Standard answer, biggest prize in club football.

Also said his idol was Gabby, and he had been speaking to him today with a cheeky grin. It was just a bog standard interview.

For as much shit as Gabby got/ gets from fans, the one thing you can't say, is that he doesn't Love Villa with all his heart.

He'll be in Jack's ear no end IMO.

• Like 2

He would just be another cog at Man City - he wouldn’t be idolised like he is at Villa. He would be regularly left out of the team and he wouldn’t be the main man.  What makes his talent all the more special is that he is Villa through and through. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For as much shit as Gabby got/ gets from fans, the one thing you can't say, is that he doesn't Love Villa with all his heart.

He'll be in Jack's ear no end IMO.

Fairly sure Gabby said at one point that Jack deserves to play for a bigger club or something to that line. Remember him getting flack for it on here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Imagine being the boyhood villa fan who became captain, idolised at the club… to then walk away and go join another team only to watch on as Villa rise up through the European ranks and win the CL without you. 

Grealish moving… it’s just not happening,  not with these owners in charge and their ambition. 

Pay him a good wage and he will be here for life, it’s that simple, do players truly care about winning the CL… I mean really?

Rather become a Villa legend and go down as an all time hero personally than a journeyman. 

Sorry - I know I posted this in the Transfer Window thread too.  But this is what the club should be showing Jack every day.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Ajax reached the semi finals. Spurs were in the finals. We beat Liverpool 7-2. The only teams in the top half we didn't beat were the Manchester clubs and West ham. We can beat anyone and that's before presumably what will be in the ball park of 400 million more in investment between now and jacks 30th birthday. 

Plus we want players to have the ambition to win and win on the big stage. 

Just now, Villa87 said:

As a fan you just cannot comprehend wanting to give up what he’s got at Villa. 

I don’t think he does, it’s just speculation.

There is nothing to suggest he wants to leave and the club is in the best position and healthiest state since he’s been with us, why would he want to go now?

Again, the only reason for concern or discussion is if we receive a crazy bid. Hasn’t happened yet…

Just now, M_Afro said:

I don’t disagree but I think Jack will want CL to stay, however unlikely that may be.

Disagree, I think he’s more sensible and realistic than that. Playing in front of fans again and hopefully in Europe the following season is a massive draw…

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Disagree, I think he’s more sensible and realistic than that. Playing in front of fans again and hopefully in Europe the following season is a massive draw…

Well I guess we will find out.

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Exactly this, so many making too much of general comments and responses to questions directed at him.

I mean, for example, when you ask any player what their dream is, wouldn’t they all say “to win the Champions League or World Cup”? It’s not the same as saying “I want to got to x club so I can win x”, or “I want to go to a bigger club” etc. etc.

Who’s going to say “my dream is to survive relegation every season” etc? 

(Not relevant but I’m suddenly reminded of Bacuna saying he wanted to play for a Champions League club 🤣)

Generic and expected responses, players are not going to completely open their heart and mind or reveal their innermost feelings to any random person  or journalist are they? They’re forced to give responses and often on the spot.

I’m sure the people that mean the most to Jack are his immediate family members and they would all be dreaming of him achieving and winning things with their beloved club… we’re more on course for that now than we have been for decades…

I would think it was Aguero's dream to win the Euro cup at Man City....(Nothing is Guaranteed.....Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid and PSG, Europes biggest teams, non made the final)

didn't work out for Aguero in that respect did it, despite him being world class.

Â