The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Ultimately we missed the boat in 2008 with Lerner and now the top 4 is effectively a closed shop. Anytime a team below have the nerve to get a good player they get bought by one of those teams to push the ones trying back down. So those teams can never break through. It happened with Young and Milner, and it will happen again with Grealish.

Different time different owners. 

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this but there’s no way that Nassef Sawiris is going to back down to a fellow Arab. Jack either stays or the money is so big it would be enough to bankrupt half of Europe. 

I think this unwanted attention from Man City is most likely to spur us on to invest even heavier. ESR and JWP would be  huge statements of intent. This could be a hell of a stand off. My money is on the former European Champions, not the runners up. 

So much of this depends on whether Jack does indeed have a £100 million clause that's been so heavily rumoured since he signed the new contract with the club. Kane will cost City more than £100 million I'm certain of that and to than spend another £100 million on Grealish wouldn't be impossible but would be asking a lot of the Manchester club. 

That said the contract clause came from the papers after the Manchester United rumours last summer which ended up being BS anyway, if there was a clause it most likely was a relegation clause after we barely survived. All we know is that Villa don't need to sell and have higher ambitions so whatever happens I don't see the club giving up Jack so easily. 

As much as we say we are a 1 player club it's true for everyone but City and Chelsea although to a lesser extent. When VVD was injured Liverpool nearly missed out on Europe. For Utd they would miss out on CL without Fernandes.

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Different time different owners. 

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this but there’s no way that Nassef Sawiris is going to back down to a fellow Arab. Jack either stays or the money is so big it would be enough to bankrupt half of Europe. 

I think this unwanted attention from Man City is most likely to spur us on to invest even heavier. ESR and JWP would be  huge statements of intent. This could be a hell of a stand off. My money is on the former European Champions, not the runners up. 

Having rich owners now isn't enough to get us in the Champions League now is it though, and Grealish probably doesn't care how rich the owners are. We can't give him European football next season. If that's what he wants he will go for the best price villa can get.

It's really that simple.

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We say that, but I don't see Leicester in any hurry to sell Maddison and Tielemans and co. despite the rumours every summer. They sold Maguire because United came in with an absolutely absurd offer, as well as the fact that it's a lot easier to replace a CB.

Leicester are ahead of us though. They won the league a few years back, played champions league football and are going to be playing in the europa league for the second year in a row. The tough one as far as we are concerned is even if we have a remarkable season, that's probably getting into the europa league max, let's be honest. Easy to say wait a year but what's he waiting a year for exactly, from his viewpoint. Grealish will be going up against Kimmich, Kroos, Goretzka next week. He'll want that on a regular basis.

9 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

So much of this depends on whether Jack does indeed have a £100 million clause that's been so heavily rumoured since he signed the new contract with the club. Kane will cost City more than £100 million I'm certain of that and to than spend another £100 million on Grealish wouldn't be impossible but would be asking a lot of the Manchester club. 

That said the contract clause came from the papers after the Manchester United rumours last summer which ended up being BS anyway, if there was a clause it most likely was a relegation clause after we barely survived. All we know is that Villa don't need to sell and have higher ambitions so whatever happens I don't see the club giving up Jack so easily. 

If there was a clause and City wanted him then he would be a city player by now, no preparing a bid, no negotiation, no declaring it after the euros, no **** aboutery at all, here's the price here's the money ta ra 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I can't see NSWE accepting anything less than £120m nor anyone coming in with a bid anywhere near it, plus I can't see Jack throwing his toys out the pram about it either.  City will get Kane and that's it.

Honestly even 120m is too low for me. He was around 100 when United were sniffing around last season. He's since become a full England international and is starting games at the Euros, and had a season in the PL where he was top 5 players in the league, probably would have been the best if he didn't get injured. He's become so much more valuable in the last 12 months.

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Having rich owners now isn't enough to get us in the Champions League now is it though, and Grealish probably doesn't care how rich the owners are. We can't give him European football next season. If that's what he wants he will go for the best price villa can get.

It's really that simple.

I agree money alone is not enough, we’ve found that out in the past. But there’s a lot more than just money to our owners. The way the club is being run and our upward trajectory are equally important.

I don’t think the money is that important to Jack, he won’t starve no matter who he plays for. But Aston Villa is very important to Jack and the chance to live out his footballing dreams as Villa captain is a massive pull. 

I understand your point of view and that may be how it pans out, but I really don’t think it’s as simple as you think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You say this as if Aston Villa don’t have a choice. Even if he wanted to leave, tell him no and let him be sad for a few weeks before reality kicks in. It wouldn’t be the first time. 

Keeping a player who wants to leave against his will never works out for the club or the player. Every club's fans do this same pointless hardball routine everytime a player they don't want to leave is involved in transfer speculation.

It always ends the same way. If he wants to leave, the club shouldn't stand in his way, they should just focus on getting the right price.

• Like 2

Â