The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

53 minutes ago, hippo said:

Right now we still think Grealish can go on to be one of the best players in the world.

A middling injury prone season with villa and England though - his value will go through the floor.

Personally I don't think at villa his value will ever be higher than it is now.

Shocked Baby GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RicRic said:

Love this one 😂😭 I feel like now we are pressured to actually sign some absolute monsters of players to ensure we break top four and to match up with JG quality e.t.c... we really have to move into fifth gear and go sign some of the marquee ballers but we aint even in Europe so thats gonna be a struggle.

I think we will keep making better and better signings over seasons to come which in turn will also increase the capability of the squad. We just have to keep doing what we're doing and get better at it. I don't think Jack's going anywhere and I don't feel as though he will anytime soon.

One thing I always ask myself is what would selling Jack accomplish, the answer I keep getting is nothing but a step backwards. I also ask myself what would 100 or 200 mill from a Jack sale do to us and the answer is absolutely nothing, why? Well it's simple we would have to spend  nearly or all that on one player bringing someone in who can do similar things as Jack, the money just wouldn't go anywhere but on a player so we may as well just keep Jack. Then I think we'll do our Owners need the cash, the answer is no they don't or Jack would of been sold a while ago.

I think Jack also knows himself where he wants to be and I think he's smart enough to snub any of these clubs knowing he can stay at his club and captain it over some chance of playing for a champ league team with his butt to a seat hoping for game time.

I see the same regular reason why Jack should stay I see champ league footy a reason to go, no way would any of these clubs offer more to Jack than what we would.

We should be signing monsters or Jack equivalent players who make Jack feel as though he doesn't have to do it all next season, I feel Buendia is on the right track, we just need some more.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Just had a quick peak on the Blue Moon forum, they’re arguing over whether he’s good enough for them, good value and how they can change him when he arrives. 

They honestly don't have a clue. People saying he won't be starting ahead of Sterling and Foden...don't bloody deserve him.

Edited by Tom13

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Just had a quick peak on the Blue Moon forum, they’re arguing over whether he’s good enough for them, good value and how they can change him when he arrives. 

He’ll be there best player. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

They honestly don't have a clue. People sayi g he won't be starting ahead of Sterling and Foden...don't bloody deserve him.

I don't believe he would, bench warmer and sub who wastes away trying to get opportunities, the so call top clubs and there managers or coaches have there systems and players already.

Spending that much on Jack I feel they'd be doing it to tear him from us to disrupt our plans not because they seem Jack as someone that could be valuable to there first eleven. One of those team wi try it and one of the reason would be to take our best by a mile player away from us and stop our rise back to the top of the league.

We have to decline them a the way those who would choose to spend that much tearing our best from us.

We don't need the money, don't want our best to go and certainly shouldn't let some clubs think a messily 100 mill could be thrown our way that would make us a mid table team without a doubt for the foreseeable future, our Owners can see right through there stupidness.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't believe he would, bench warmer and sub who wastes away trying to get opportunities, the so call top clubs and there managers or coaches have there systems and players already.

Spending that much on Jack I feel they'd be doing it to tear him from us to disrupt our plans not because they seem Jack as someone that could be valuable to there first eleven. One of those team wi try it and one of the reason would be to take our best by a mile player away from us and stop our rise back to the top of the league.

We have to decline them a the way those who would choose to spend that much tearing our best from us.

We don't need the money, don't want our best to go and certainly shouldn't let some clubs think a messily 100 mill could be thrown our way that would make us a mid table team without a doubt for the foreseeable future, our Owners can see right through there stupidness.

No chance a team would spend that much money to scupper a team's plans who are currently mid table. He's Pep's type of player - he would be a key player if he was to go.

Edited by Tom13

19 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

We won’t sell, and Grealish won’t leave.

The End.

A lot of other fans and the media which have ignored just how wealthy NSWE are, how the club is quietly rebuilding from youth level upwards, are incredibly serious in ambition and are willing to put the money where it matters. When we continue to spend bigger and bigger, it's going to catch them off guard because their arrogance blinded them to where the club is. We aren't the selling club of yesteryear, this isn't Lerner or clown shoes Xia, our owners are winners. They want the same for Villa, so does Jack. We don't need their money nor want it.

Yes, there's no denying the scale of the task, relative to the successes gained. The ambition you cannot fault - this isn't fan service, this is the real damn deal. Grealish is the most marketable footballer in England, he's the jewel in ability and now stature. He can get what he wants here if the trajectory remains true.

It's utterly insulting that we should be 'grateful' for £100m or anything.

• Like 2

Can't imagine Jack is overly happy about the timing of all this, I'm sure he's been expecting this level of speculation about his future, but would much preferred it to of waited until after the Euros. I'm sure he'd like to just focus on and enjoy his first major international tournament, without having to deal with this added level of scrutiny.

If he does want to leave I'd like to think it he'd want it to be on the best possible terms with the club and fans.

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Can't imagine Jack is overly happy about the timing of all this, I'm sure he's been expecting this level of speculation about his future, but would much preferred it to of waited until after the Euros. I'm sure he'd like to just focus on and enjoy his first major international tournament, without having to deal with this added level of scrutiny.

If he does want to leave I'd like to think it he'd want it to be on the best possible terms with the club and fans.

I think the opposite 

He's now a £100m player courting the attention of pep and champions man city

Yet Southgate doesnt think he's good enough to start? Over the player that City will try and sell in order to buy him? 

I think the whole thing could be a ploy to increase the demand for Jack to play 

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Just to show how stupid this whole story is, for those that are concerned, ESPN gives us a perfect example:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4419542/manchester-city-close-to-100m-british-record-move-for-jack-grealish-sources%3fplatform=amp

The article starts with: 

Manchester City are close to reaching an agreement with Aston Villa for Jack Grealish, sources have told ESPN.“

and later on contains: 

“City have so far declined to comment, but sources said a fee has yet to be agreed between the Premier League champions and Villa.

Sources have told ESPN formal talks between the clubs are yet to take place but there is a belief at City a deal is achievable after Euro 2020.”

So to sum it up, a record breaking $100 million deal is close to happening yet no fee has been agreed nor have the teams even talked to each other about it

Said on Talkshite earlier. Either team is yet to comment if a bid a bid has been offered. So it hasn't then!!!

I'm not sure who was listening to Jim 'sell a story' White on Talksport December, but I remember this one too, inevitable.

https://talksport.com/football/792121/lionel-messi-transfer-man-city-pep-guardiola-contract-barcelona-january/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's the biggest name player in world football not at "big" club. We're going to get this every season until he goes or he retires. Until the club say they've accepted a bid then I'll treat these media stories with the utter disdain they deserve.

Â