The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Obviously not. Do u remember Yorke sulking and strolling around the place on the first day of the season against Everton because Ellis wouldn't let him go to United ? Do you want that scenario ? Very easy to say " Well Jack wouldn't do that, boyhood club etc " I don't think the boyhood club stuff has as much significance for him at 26 than it did when he was breaking into the team, became captain etc. He's a professional elite level footballer who wants to win things. Again im looking at this through the lens of objectivity.

I remember it well. I also remember Grealish clapping the fans following Hull away with tears in his eyes. I was there.

I don’t think the two situations are comparable really, no. But if he was to tarnish his legacy here then fair enough, maybe you’ll be proven correct. Regardless, I think you are underestimating the fact that Villa own 4+ years of a contract signed 10 months ago. Where, funnily enough, the player talked about it being for “his” club. 

Like any player if he wants to go he will hand in a transfer request then all villa can do is get the most money possible.

This was always my worry with him playing for England, getting tapped up again like players before him. 

No way he leaves this season and I will give 20 quid to Acorns if he does!

He has unfinished business with Villa and I'm sure he wants to lead us as high as possible up the table this year and next. If that doesnt work out then he'll probably be off but not now. 

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Like Yorke you mean ? ( "but that's different, Jack's a Villa fan " !! ) Shocking reveal - top players want to play in elite competitions, challenge for trophies .

Tough shit when you've signed a 5 year deal, 12 months ago. It might seem harsh but this is really the bottom line. Regardless of what Jack may or may not want, he's under contract. Therefore, the club do hold all the cards, not some of them. 

If our owners decided worst case scenario they were willing to let Jack's contract run out over the next 4 years if he wouldn't resign, ensuring he stays while the club grows. I'm on board. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Obviously not. Do u remember Yorke sulking and strolling around the place on the first day of the season against Everton because Ellis wouldn't let him go to United ? Do you want that scenario ? Very easy to say " Well Jack wouldn't do that, boyhood club etc " I don't think the boyhood club stuff has as much significance for him at 26 than it did when he was breaking into the team, became captain etc. He's a professional elite level footballer who wants to win things. Again im looking at this through the lens of negativity.

Just because you say it is objective does not make it so. This is just your opinion. It is also false equivalency to compare to Yorke, or Barry or Young or Delph.

A case can be made for both scenarios. I think the case for him remaining this season is a stronger one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Obviously not. Do u remember Yorke sulking and strolling around the place on the first day of the season against Everton because Ellis wouldn't let him go to United ? Do you want that scenario ? Very easy to say " Well Jack wouldn't do that, boyhood club etc " I don't think the boyhood club stuff has as much significance for him at 26 than it did when he was breaking into the team, became captain etc. He's a professional elite level footballer who wants to win things. Again im looking at this through the lens of objectivity.

If He wants to go?....There is not much point in having him around against his will.

In such circumstances, we just have to be sufficiently compensated.

I remember Andy Gray, John Gidman and John Deehan going in the same summer, we thought the end of the world had arrived......but we went on to experience our best period in our History.

Whatever, will be,will be.

Jack has to rememeber that if Pep Leaves, Man City, will not be the same.....it could all change.......there is far more potential, going on at our club, that could well, fulfil his dreams.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

As far as I can tell we're all reacting to a Sky Sports article full of "intends" and "understands" statements.  Not going to get upset about anything until someone from Villa says $ity have bid,  and it's on video rather than from someone "close" to Grealish or the club. 

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I couldn't even contemplate moving to/playing for a different club. How could you possibly have the same passion? How many of us lifelong Villa fans (like Grealish) could hand-on-heart say they would give as much for any other Prem club as they would the Villa?

Edited by Beastmix
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Hopefully bignose benches him again versus ze Krauts, England lose, jack gets no more exposure.

All this is going to happen except for the Jack getting exposure bit.

Hopefully bignose benches him again versus ze Krauts, England lose, jack gets no more exposure.

Now you've said that he'll come on and win us the game 🤣

I hope his Dad and Bro emotional blackmail into signing a 20 year deal 💜💙 

I wonder if he knows he holds the key to the happiness of all of his people (us lot). This club and Jack Grealish is the most perfect fit Ive ever seen in sport. The damage will be catastrophic if he leaves at this particular moment in time. Another year to see where we might get to; if its just mediocre midtableness again- I think everyone will understand this time next year. The never would have known aspect will eat us alive. The trajectory right now is so powerfully upward that it just has to be capitalised on. The golden boy of English football, true world class homegrown guy pushing his club to heights like this is a once in a lifetime thing. The exposure and raising of the clubs profile cant be understated either, no way we trade all that just to give in to cheatcode Citeh for a measly 100m. Not with 4 years on a deal. We get another season regardless imo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If he goes, he goes. He doesnt owe us a thing. He's given more than enough and stayed longer that we thought he ever would.

That said, what concerns me is if we get the £100m number that is floating around, I worry how we will spend it. Not just the personnel but the inflated prices we'll have to pay to get them with clubs knowing we have the cash.

Look at the rubbish Spurs bought when they sold Bale or how Everton wasted the Lukaku money. That's more concerning that losing the actual player.

• Like 3

Hmmm I think I’d prefer Jack scores a hat trick in every round through to and including the final. 

Among all the plaudits, there will be significant laughter at how Southgate wouldn’t pick him and Jack’s value would be £300m and everyone would want to play alongside him.

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

He ain't doing too bad so far, despite his cameo's.......If he has a game like he does for Villa, god knows what will happen, The internet will burn.

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

If he goes, he goes. He doesnt owe us a thing. He's given more than enough and stayed longer that we thought he ever would.

That said, what concerns me is if we get the £100m number that is floating around, I worry how we will spend it. Not just the personnel but the inflated prices we'll have to pay to get them with clubs knowing we have the cash.

Look at the rubbish Spurs bought when they sold Bale or how Everton wasted the Lukaku money. That's more concerning that losing the actual player.

That is the problem....

but every huge transfer fee, just sets the level of the next one.

Â