The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack just seems to be completely oblivious to being nervous.  He is as laid-back on the pitch as when you see him in promotional stuff like that diary room interview.  I don't think that can be under-valued when playing in big tournaments.  He will still be trying to pick the ball up at left back and run with it in the Euro semi final just like playing Burton in the league cup 2nd round.  If he doesn't start tomorrow (I think it's fairly likely with him still building fitness) I'm sure he will make his way in the team for the 2nd or 3rd group game and stay there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

That just means he is an incompetent buffoon. 

Yeah I’d rather he have an agenda than be a buffoon.  Neither would surprise me though, just not a big fan of his management skills which is in stark contrast because I loved him playing at Villa and have no animosity towards him before watching him manage England.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Jack is deceptive, he has that rare ability to change pace so quickly i.e slow,slow, quick, slow.....his intial burst, that takes him past players is crucial, its all about timing.

Thats really all you need, in terms of pace.

I always thought that Gary Shaw was quick over about a yard but that yard was all he needed to get his shot away. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I always thought that Gary Shaw was quick over about a yard but that yard was all he needed to get his shot away. 

a player who rarely got caught on the ball....under rated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

There is no agenda 

If he starts Rashford and Sterling then those are the players he feels are more likely getting him a result. 

I don’t think anyone thinks he has an agenda.

Everyone thinks he’s a bit dumb.

I don’t mind so much.

I want him to come on and do a Roberto Baggio.

“The man the whole of Italy wanted to see in the team”. Sound familiar?

Edited by Thug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Thug said:

Everyone thinks he’s a bit dumb.

He is just a very basic manager.

Sitting deep and playing on the counter is very basic and easy to coach, and it can be effective.

Very predictable that he will go with it.

• Like 1

I've only seen bits of Foden, how do people rate him compared to Grealish? The amount of fans who think he's an autopick over Grealish if it's going to be a choice between the two is amazing.

I find it very hard to believe, as good as Foden may be, that he's better than Grealish.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I've only seen bits of Foden, how do people rate him compared to Grealish? The amount of fans who think he's an autopick over Grealish if it's going to be a choice between the two is amazing.

I find it very hard to believe, as good as Foden may be, that he's better than Grealish.

I've always felt he is massively overrated. He is a good player but the fact is he plays in the best team in world football. And it certainly isn't because of him. He will never be the opponents defensive focus when city have Gundogan, Bernardo, Mahrez and Of Course Kevin **** De Bruyne. 

I think saka is better than him just because he asked to do more. That being said he hasn't been in great form ever since arsenal as a whole picked up so you could argue either or. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thug said:

It depends what you mean. As I’ve mentioned on here before I know for a fact that for many years Southgate very definitely did not like Grealish. Thought he was a good player but a prick. Now, I do think that has changed, but Jack is playing catch up. And I also don’t think it’s an ‘agenda’ - at my business I also wouldn’t hire someone very talented if I thought they were a prick. In sport New Zealand rugby operate on that basis and they do ok. But it was very personality driven.

Anyway he’s now in the squad and it’s up to him. I kind of hope he doesn’t start - would rather he plays his way in.

• Thanks 1

Southgate is a very good politician as a coach. He doesn't upset anyone, especially his employers and is able to put good people around him to cover his deficiencies. 

It's also why he doesn't take risks and why he won't start Grealish. I think he underrated him and Jack has proven him wrong, but he will never admit it, because politicians don't admit when their wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He is just a very basic manager.

Sitting deep and playing on the counter is very basic and easy to coach, and it can be effective.

Very predictable that he will go with it.

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

Our tactic today will be when their full back pushes forward we use rice and Phillips to ping 40 yard diagonals in the space they leave behind for rashford and sterling to run on to 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

Our tactic today will be when their full back pushes forward we use rice and Phillips to ping 40 yard diagonals in the space they leave behind for rashford and sterling to run on to 

Morning Mr Southgate. 

• Like 1

Â