The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Withnail said:

The wastecoated fool won’t start him or will maybe give 10 minutes. England loose. Picture in the papers showing a thoroughly despondent Grealish with the headline Grealish English Anguish

Not a dig at you mate this is just the latest boring post on how Southgate won’t give him a fair crack. It’s really getting tiring now 

It's weird watching all these part-time England fans and pundits suddenly decide they love Jack Grealish.

IMO it's a no-brainer that you just play Foden, Kane, Grealish as your front 3 every game and build the rest of the team around that. It's an iconic front 3... some of the best players England has ever produced. If any of those players are having to force their way into the side off the bench, Southgate has lost the plot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It's weird watching all these part-time England fans and pundits suddenly decide they love Jack Grealish.

IMO it's a no-brainer that you just play Foden, Kane, Grealish as your front 3 every game and build the rest of the team around that. It's an iconic front 3... some of the best players England has ever produced. If any of those players are having to force their way into the side off the bench, Southgate has lost the plot.

Foden just isn't in the same class. He is a good young player. But he is also playing in the most talented side in world football. A side that 2 seasons ago broke the points record. And then added a top 5 centre back in the world to the team. 

Foden is not the main focus of the defences attention like a number of other players for England. If Barnes was fit I'd absolutely play him over foden. And I could see an arguement for saka as well. 

Either way I'm hoping we will go with the 4-2-3-1 formation we played in the qualifying, but with mount as part of the 2. And Jack remaining in the centre with Sancho and Saka/foden outwide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not a dig at you mate this is just the latest boring post on how Southgate won’t give him a fair crack. It’s really getting tiring now 

It was just a bit of alliterative humor that the UK papers are won’t to do. I will refrain from future Southgate references. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mourinho on Talksport: I wish Alan Brazil would let him talk!

Anyway, I love to read/watch expert opinions on Grealish because it is never the generic praise that you see for many players. It's always unique and you can hear the passion in people's voices when talking about how good he is. Dion Dublin excluded as his opinions on every player sound generic.

Both Mourinho and Wenger have heaped praise on him recently, we all know what Guardiola thinks of him, if Southgate doesn't start him...it will beggar belief in my opinion.

And these opinions back up what us lot have said for several years. Two/three years ago we would have all been laughed at for saying he has more ability than Dele Alli ffs.

Edited by Tom13

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lot of reports suggest Sterling starts. No chance Grealish plays if that happens. 

Shame. 

Quite good chance to be honest. Southgate was using him as a 10 in the friendlies. If we don't go with that godawful 5-2-3 then he will probably play there. 

It’s one game of (hopefully) a fair few. Doesn’t matter if he doesn’t start the first game he’ll get his opportunity to shine as we go on. 

I feel like I’m the only person on here who is actually rooting for England and Southgate no matter who he plays.

If England win the thing without Grealish being the star, I think there are English people on here who would choose not to enjoy it.  Madness. Let’s hope JG shows us the same blind loyalty as the summer goes on. 

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think rather than focusing on Grealish it’s fair to assume he will play a formation he has done before with 2 players he has given the captains armband to. One in a recent friendly in his position. 

So not going out of his way to not play Grealish, rather he has other preferences.

Understandably we are Grealish centric and want him to do for England what he does for Villa.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Quite good chance to be honest. Southgate was using him as a 10 in the friendlies. If we don't go with that godawful 5-2-3 then he will probably play there. 

No chance. Mount will play there with two defensive midfielders behind him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You’ve got to remember, we have a manager who is terrified of every decent team we play so he focuses on how to avoid losing rather than how to beat them. 

You’ll either see two DM’s in front of a back 4 or two in front of a back 3 with wing backs. 

It’s painful to watch, it really is. 

Exactly.  This is the key point for me.  It is painful to watch, especially when you know that it doesn't have to be that way and that we have the offensive talent to go out there and destroy virtually every team in the world if Safegate would just learn how to use it.

Sure we are a bit frail defensively but, again, that is Safegate's fault for not getting Ezri and Ben White in there earlier, instead choosing to stick with Eric ****** Dier!! 😉 

• Like 3

Just now, useless said:

England haven't got much choice but to play with two DMs as that's all that's available, try playing with Mount and Grealish as part of a midfield three and any half decent team would take advantage as it would leave England too exposed in the middle of the park, would be like Villa trying to play Grealish and Buendia as part of a midfield three, teams would just walk through us.

Bellingham is the only player that really allows England to play with just one DM, as he's box to box, him alongside Rice, and Mount is probably the best central midfield, put Grealish out wide, but if Grealish isn't used out wide I'd have him in midfied ahead of Mount.

Other than playing Bellingham like I say, which is probably what I'd do.

Edited by useless

Â