The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

You would think that if he had ambitions of being a manager he would be busting a gut to get his badges.

He put something on insta about doing a session for them last week so he's definitely still doing them 

I just read on a website called healthline that surgery for shin splints is rare but it's possible (apparently it's called a fasciotomy) if there's severe pain and symptoms last for several months.

The media nonsense starting again with Jack having buy out clause which man City will match.

Cant see us doing any buy out clauses unless it's double what the club value a player at ? Which would mean £150 mill plus.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, robby b said:

I just read on a website called healthline that surgery for shin splints is rare but it's possible (apparently it's called a fasciotomy) if there's severe pain and symptoms last for several months.

If it's on the internet, it must be true! 

(Jokes aside, I have no idea)

14 hours ago, robby b said:

If it is indeed shin splints that he has. Another known phenomenon is chronic compartment syndrome, I know for a fact that is sometimes treated with a fasciotomy. Similar symptoms and the usual treatment again is rest from activity. A fasciotomy of shin splints (tibial stress syndrome) is a last resort and is not even that likely to cause complete resolution.

Given Smith's answers in the press conferences I have no doubt he has either of these two injuries, don't believe for a second all the speculation crap about some substance abuse problem.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Every time I've been to an U23 game at Bodymoor, Terry has been there - it's pretty unusual for him to miss one.

I can only guess given the game was at VP it was day off at training ground so Terry wasn't required to be there given he's coming up from Cobham 3-4 times a week.

Mo is Gabby's mate, can remember a few of his videos from a couple of years ago. Think he won a Pride of Britain award.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Yes he is/was. Prior to last season he started I believe. Have no idea how it's going but from my source said he wasn't the most frequent of attendees 

In that William Hill interview (with McGinn) he said he's gone right off the idea of being a coach, so sounds like he's not bothering at the moment.

47 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

A guy i work with is convinced he has signed for City and won't kick a ball for us again which I think is utter nonsense but don't have the energy to argue

i said the same when someone else told me the exact same thing this week......which is ever so slightly concerning now. they apparently had connections to jack's agency

I do remember it being reported when Jack signed his new contract that a large buy out clause had been inserted. I would not be at all surprised if that were true. Anything else is nonsense though. If Jack is fit, he will play for villa until/unless he moves elsewhere. 
I can’t actually see City being interested. They just don’t need him. I think Utd are the only real potential buyer but even that is unlikely. Jack is ours for the long term would be my guess.

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i said the same when someone else told me the exact same thing this week......which is ever so slightly concerning now. they apparently had connections to jack's agency

They all have a reason to believe the conspiracy theories.....this is another aspect of the " modern Game"

If someone gets a sniff we are Villa Fans, the wind up is just too much for them to resist.

Ignore them and  just have to wait and see.

Edited by TRO

16 hours ago, robby b said:

didn't Andy Cole have problems with Shin Slints?

I guess its a bit like Osgood-Schlatters, my lad had it growing up during adolesence, in his footballing years....that can be too much training too early, too.

Jack is probably suffering from over exposure of training and fitness, in his pursuit of excellence.....He needs rest more than anything.

Edited by TRO

it's rare i believe the nonsense that gets written. just odd that i was told just a few days ago that the move to city was done then someone posts it on here

with city it's never about need for them...anyone that improves them they will be interested. besides, if utd are interested, city have so much money they could just buy jack for no other reason but to piss utd off

but he probably is staying...he didn't have to be at the u23 game the other night. no contractual obligation to do so. i dont see him doing things like that if his deal to someone else is done

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

A guy i work with is convinced he has signed for City and won't kick a ball for us again which I think is utter nonsense but don't have the energy to argue

What, so he isnt injured, and man city said you cant play for villa again and probably wont therefore play for England in the summer?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's rare i believe the nonsense that gets written. just odd that i was told just a few days ago that the move to city was done then someone posts it on here

with city it's never about need for them...anyone that improves them they will be interested. besides, if utd are interested, city have so much money they could just buy jack for no other reason but to piss utd off

but he probably is staying...he didn't have to be at the u23 game the other night. no contractual obligation to do so. i dont see him doing things like that if his deal to someone else is done

But that rumour has been doing the rounds for weeks that just keeps slightly changing just like one the same one for Utd.  

Chinese whispers at full throttle...Man City must be interested, Man City are interested, a deal will be done, a deal has been done, will it be on if he has a long term injury, is the injury real, injury isn’t real, man city don’t want him to play, agreement is that he doesn’t play.....blah blah.  

It’s all rubbish, bloke in the pub said rumour on steroids.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But that rumour has been doing the rounds for weeks that just keeps slightly changing just like one the same one for Utd.  

Chinese whispers at full throttle...Man City must be interested, Man City are interested, a deal will be done, a deal has been done, will it be on if he has a long term injury, is the injury real, injury isn’t real, man city don’t want him to play, agreement is that he doesn’t play.....blah blah.  

It’s all rubbish, bloke in the pub said rumour on steroids.

That's what a lot of journalism is nowadays. Opinion of ex pros on social media as to who players should go to.

21 minutes ago, turvontour said:

What, so he isnt injured, and man city said you cant play for villa again and probably wont therefore play for England in the summer?

I mean I guess that is what he thinks lol. It doesn't make any sense to me 

Â