The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

You’ve just kind of proven my point. Every now and then Gazza sorted himself out and he was unbelievable. In between he fell of the wagon and was nowhere.

So how do we know Jack hasn't fallen off the wagon now? His form dipped off before his lengthy lay off.

I hate that I'm siding with the conspiracy theorists... you are right that it probably isn't true, but there is every chance it could be.

Edited by MrBlack
Correcting myself

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Loved Merson but he is not fit to lace Jack’s boots. 

Don’t agree at all, but that’s not really the point. It’s about whether you can hide your addiction and still function as a top flight footballer.

18 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Don’t agree at all, but that’s not really the point. It’s about whether you can hide your addiction and still function as a top flight footballer.

I believe you can, as did Merson but I think it would be impossible to perform at Jack’s level if you had substance abuse. Especially now when sports science advances ensure that all your opponents are at their peak.

35 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

At the peak of his career Merson couldn’t get a game for Arsenal and went to play for Middlesbrough in the Championship! If Grealish leaves Villa he will be going to one of the best sides in the world. Levels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If he's struggling through an addiction, no way they'd be able to keep this under wraps for this long.

or play like one of the best players in the Premier League. If he is then he is better than Maradona and George Best combined

31 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

At the peak of his career Merson couldn’t get a game for Arsenal and went to play for Middlesbrough in the Championship! If Grealish leaves Villa he will be going to one of the best sides in the world. Levels.

Merson also played when players were a bit more professional but nowhere near the standard of fitness of now.  Footballers are supreme athletes now and if Jack has serious substance issues then he is probably the most talented footballer ever, most of the top footballers live on a strict diet and some dont even touch alcohol 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I'm not easily offended, but I do find the totally unsubstantiated gossip a little distasteful. 

There's no evidence that he has any problem other than a footballing injury. 

If we are citing occasions when he has behaved like a lot of young men as evidence for alcohol or substance dependency, then there's an awful lot on this site who should be in therapy. 

I guess you could say the club's policy of not really talking about injuries counts against us as it feeds the rumours.  Ultimately as long as they know what's going on it doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I guess you could say the club's policy of not really talking about injuries counts against us as it feeds the rumours.  Ultimately as long as they know what's going on it doesn't really matter.

True,

The club don't talk about much. 

Transfers often happen without us knowing until the last minute.

Injuries are an internal matter.

This all cones from being privately owned and not a public entity. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think you are falling into the conspiracy trap.  You are starting at a conclusion and asking the other party to prove it’s not true.  There is a god prove it’s not true, the earth is flat prove it’s not true, aliens abducted me prove it’s not true, Jack has fallen off the wagon proves it’s not true.  You haven’t gone the final step saying he’s fell of the wagon but you are treading a fine line.

Why isn’t the most simple answer that he’s still struggling with his injury like the club has told us?  The rest is rumours of rumours and an article about some player addicted to sleeping drugs and then something else about other drugs.  No mention of Jack.  We’ve heard he’s in rehab yet we have seen pictures of him over the last month...at the game the other day.

If evidence comes out then fine but at the moment it’s modern communication that wants the story to be more than it is because then it’s something to talk about.

The only evidence we have that he might take drugs is the clothes he wears because surely nobody would wear clothes like that if they weren’t high 😉

I do agree with what you say,  but just disagreeing with anyone shooting it down 100%. No real evidence it is true, but as a rumour suggestion goes, it's not quite as far fetched as saying the world is flat. It's just believable enough to possibly be true, and as suggested above, fuelled partly by the clubs stealthy operating model and Jack's past (arguably recent if you look at his driving during lockdown 1).

Throw in the fact Jack is a world class England talent of a generation and the media and public love to bring them down by any means necessary.

I stand by, probably isn't true, but it could be.

Read on one of the paper talk sections that Man City have discovered there's a release clause in Jacks contract 🤣 now wtf would we do that after what happened with Delph? Its laughable really.   If all it takes to be a sports journalist make up ludicrous bull$### all the time, I reckon I might give it a go!

Regarding these rumours about Jack addicted to painkillers etc.

I have just heard through an player who have left us recently that it is true.It’s not that surprising.I think he has been playing with pain for quite a while now and been managing it with painkillers.

With lockdown he has been unable to go out and is probably extremely bored at home.

With the right rehab he will get over it.

Edited by Only2McInallys
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

No real evidence it is true, but as a rumour suggestion goes, it's not quite as far fetched as saying the world is flat. It's just believable enough to possibly be true,

Don’t you think that’s wrong though that you’re willing to go that far without evidence, just a bunch of things that might be possible.  Close to believing something is true without a scrap of evidence. 

Â