The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Regarding these rumours about Jack addicted to painkillers etc.

I have just heard through an player who have left us recently that it is true.It’s not that surprising.I think he has been playing with pain for quite a while now and been managing it with painkillers.

With lockdown he has been unable to go out and is probably extremely bored at home.

With the right rehab he will get over it.

But the rumour was sleeping drugs not painkillers.  Nobody has left us recent enough because if Jack had been addicted to drugs since Sept/Oct it would be known by now as the drug issue would’ve started well before that, picked up in drug tests and playing wouldn’t have been there.

I’m calling BS on this, unless you can tell us the players name or at least when they left us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But the rumour was sleeping drugs not painkillers.  Nobody has left us recent enough because if Jack had been addicted to drugs since Sept/Oct it would be known by now as the drug issue would’ve started well before that, picked up in drug tests and playing wouldn’t have been there.

I’m calling BS on this, unless you can tell us the players name or at least when they left us.

All I can say it is a player who left us last summer.He still has a lot of contacts with many existing players.

When I first heard all this talk I dismissed it but this new information came unsolicited and I can think of no reason why this source should lie.

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Read on one of the paper talk sections that Man City have discovered there's a release clause in Jacks contract 🤣 now wtf would we do that after what happened with Delph? Its laughable really.   If all it takes to be a sports journalist make up ludicrous bull$### all the time, I reckon I might give it a go!

I’m pretty sure that it was reported at the time that there was a large release clause in his new contract. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there was. It would probably suit both parties to have one.

8 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

All I can say it is a player who left us last summer.He still has a lot of contacts with many existing players.

When I first heard all this talk I dismissed it but this new information came unsolicited and I can think of no reason why this source should lie.

If he (ex villa player) still has loads of contacts and thus friends back at Villa, on a sensitive issue like this, then why would he be telling you? Gossiping? Obviously he’s told more people than just you if he’s told you especially telling you unsolicited.

So this ex villa player, talks to current villa players and they are talking openly about Jacks drug issue, then why hasn’t more than rumours come out and a couple of articles not even linked to Jack and they were focusing on sleeping tablets.

Plus if he left last summer, then Jack has been suffering for at least a year, this would’ve been picked up before by the club, help would’ve happened before, it all doesn’t line up with timing.

Plus we’ve seen Jack in photos recently so why isn’t he in rehab.

Nah not believing it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

With lockdown he has been unable to go out and is probably extremely bored at home.

Except the party at Ross McCormack's where he smashed into some cars, the night out in London with Ross Barkley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

I have just heard through an player who have left us recently that it is true.It’s not that surprising.I think he has been playing with pain for quite a while now and been managing it with painkillers.

You don't have to say the name, but do you mind painting a little scene about the delivery of this message?

Were you out for a beer with this guy who trusts you so much that he told you this? I quite like stories so the more details the better for me. 

I'd want some decent details, like how you know the player, how often you hang out and share information. The who, what, why, how, when—all of it. Did he tell you to keep it a secret and then you went and posted it on a message board? Do you think he'd be miffed at you if he found out you posted your info in here? How would he react? Would he find it funny and say, 'Next round's on you next time?' or do you think you've put his trust in you at risk? 

You're brave risking your friendship with your footballer friend. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You don't have to say the name, but do you mind painting a little scene about the delivery of this message?

Were you out for a beer with this guy who trusts you so much that he told you this? I quite like stories so the more details the better for me. 

I'd want some decent details, like how you know the player, how often you hang out and share information. The who, what, why, how, when of storytelling. Did he tell you to keep it a secret and then you went and posted it on a message board? Do you think he'd be miffed at you if he found out you posted your info in here? How would he react? Would he find it funny and say, 'Next round's on you next time?' or do you think you've put his trust in you at risk?

This is the last I post on this subject.

I know someone who is a player at another club.The ex Villa player told this player about Jack’s problems.
I have no proof ,no blood tests,no photos .
I don’t really want to believe it either.

6 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

I know someone who is a player at another club.The ex Villa player told this player about Jack’s problems.

You've changed your story and that is disappointing for consistency, which I feel is important for credibility. Originally you said a player told you, but now it's through another player. Any insight into how you know the player you do know and how the conversation went about in order for you to get the information? It helps your credibility. 

Also, any reason why this isn't something that came out a year ago? Or a few months ago? It seems convenient that the story came out when Jack is injured when presumably this might have been mentioned months ago when he was playing. There's no reason not to say he's addicted to this or that when he is fit.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

No disrespect but your story has changed and the source is now one step in the chain further from the source. 

58 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I’m pretty sure that it was reported at the time that there was a large release clause in his new contract. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there was. It would probably suit both parties to have one.

I remember reading that too. That there was a release clause but it was larger than the £80 mil price that was being quoted last summer.

It would not surprise me if there was one, maybe one that only applies if a champions league team came in for him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You've changed your story and that is disappointing for consistency, which I feel is important for credibility. Originally you said a player told you, but now it's through another player. Any insight into how you know the player you do know and how the conversation went about in order for you to get the information? It helps your credibility. 

Also, any reason why this isn't something that came out a year ago? Or a few months ago? It seems convenient that the story came out when Jack is injured when presumably this might have been mentioned months ago when he was playing. There's no reason not to say he's addicted to this or that when he is fit.  

If you read my first post carefully it says “through a player” you assumed I meant the Villa player.

I was being opaque because I do not want my source to be identified.

Do people think Grealish would have been brought back into training for a week if he had any issues like this? Because he was.

There could even be something truth in amongst the rumours. I don't know, like he can't train properly without painkillers and the club want to sort it out now we're safe.

That's different to him being addicted to all sorts and stories about rehab that have been floating round!

20 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

If you read my first post carefully it says “through a player” you assumed I meant the Villa player.

Who left us recently

I have just heard through an player who have left us recently that it is true

🤔

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Do people think Grealish would have been brought back into training for a week if he had any issues like this? Because he was.

There could even be something truth in amongst the rumours. I don't know, like he can't train properly without painkillers and the club want to sort it out now we're safe.

That's different to him being addicted to all sorts and stories about rehab that have been floating round!

That wasn’t really Jack it was a lookalike posing as Jack.  He was wearing those stupid clothes so we didn’t focus on those facial features.  That picture of him training on the stationary gym bike was false as well because I have a gps signal on it and it went nowhere so that’s not true either.

Edited by nick76

32 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

So not a Villa player and never a Villa player?

Would imply it's a player on loan.

Danny Drinkwater or Pepe Reina then.

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My sources are telling me that Jack has fallen in with a voodoo cult. The club are trying to help him escape but their witch doctor has made a doll of him and is sticking pins into his shins in order to destroy his career. 

You can believe me or not, I don't care, but these contacts are usually reliable, they were the ones who told me that Helenius would have his shorts pulled down against Spurs. I put a tenner on that and one £15k so I trust them. 

Easy as that ;)

Â