The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, turvontour said:

That's what a lot of journalism is nowadays. Opinion of ex pros on social media as to who players should go to.

I genuinely think clubs have next to no relation with the local papers nowadays. A mate of mine works for a local paper in the sports section  near a championship club and never seems to be on the know for any transfer rumours.

Clubs have their own social media following and don't need the cosy chat with the local hack to get bums on seats anymore. A bit of a shame really. 

Its amazing how quick a wind up from one fan becomes 'news'!

There will be more credible bs coming in the next few weeks so I wouldn't waste all your worries on this one!

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

That's what a lot of journalism is nowadays. Opinion of ex pros on social media as to who players should go to.

or they just make stuff up to make them look in the know and with such a scattergun approach they are always likely to be right once out of 400 claims, then they can live off that for years saying they are in the know when they arent.  Looking like you are in the know can make some of these pundits/journalists some serious money from articles to being booked on sport shows, it's no wonder they make stuff up.

10 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

No one can sign before the season ends, they could agree on terms but not to sign. 

Yes you can, you can't transfer registration until the season ends and the next transfer window opens but they can sign agreements 

Ziyech to Chelsea last February for example 

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When I see this thread get new posts I get excited that he might have been declared fit. Then i see it’s just talk about bs rumours and I get disappointed again. 

There needs to be a separate 'press bullsh*t and lies about Grealish' thread

I’m hearing that Man City have agreed to sign Grealish but will loan him back to us for four seasons and want the deal to be kept confidential.  The loan will have no chance of call back to Man City during the four years. Given the length of the loan, the footballing authorities have given exception to the rule about playing against parent club thus he can play for us against City.  The fee to buy Grealish will be offset by the loan fee the other way and Villa have agreed to pay 100% of Grealish’s wages. The expectation is that we’ll hear no official statement on it.  You heard it here first!

😉

• Like 2

Hoping against hope it’s not true but heave seen/heard rumours doing the rounds that the drink and possibly substances might be more of a problem for Jack than has been reported. 

Really hope it’s not true but I can’t think of any other reason that his return keeps being delayed :(

25 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Hoping against hope it’s not true but heave seen/heard rumours doing the rounds that the drink and possibly substances might be more of a problem for Jack than has been reported. 

Really hope it’s not true but I can’t think of any other reason that his return keeps being delayed :(

Other reason - injury is taking longer than expected to recover from.

Ignore the conspiracy theories, some things are answered by the simple logical answer...his injury is just taking slightly longer to recover from, which happens regularly to elite athletes and normal people.

I have just been watching some YouTube videos of Jack. I honestly don’t think I can remember an English football player who is so good in tight areas. He is absolutely phenomenal at taking the ball with three men on him and somehow not just retaining possession but leaving the men in his wake and opening up the whole pitch.

He is also so unbelievably strong. The amount of players that simply bounce off him is also incredible. He gets to balls when he is second best simply by holding players off. In the clips, so many really good PL players simply resort to just hacking him down because they have no other way of stopping him.

It is also so obvious how the rest of the team come alive when he is on the ball. The movement improves no end. The rest of the team really need to maintain those habits when Jack is either unavailable or not in possession. We are so static without him but it’s a different story when Jack is playing. It just makes it so much harder for the player in possession and leads directly to turnover of possession.

My final observation is simply that there is no other English player who is in his class or who can do what he can do. If Southgate doesn’t build his team around Jack then he is not fit for purpose. We have been desperate for a Jack Grealish since 1996. He walks into any team in the world. I like Mount, Foden, Sterling, Sancho et al but every team has those players. Hardly any teams in world football have players that can do what Jack does. If nothing else his absence has reminded me of how brilliant he is. Cannot wait to see him back. We are truly blessed to have him.

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I have just been watching some YouTube videos of Jack. I honestly don’t think I can remember an English football player who is so good in tight areas. He is absolutely phenomenal at taking the ball with three men on him and somehow not just retaining possession but leaving the men in his wake and opening up the whole pitch.

He is also so unbelievably strong. The amount of players that simply bounce off him is also incredible. He gets to balls when he is second best simply by holding players off. In the clips, so many really good PL players simply resort to just hacking him down because they have no other way of stopping him.

It is also so obvious how the rest of the team come alive when he is on the ball. The movement improves no end. The rest of the team really need to maintain those habits when Jack is either unavailable or not in possession. We are so static without him but it’s a different story when Jack is playing. It just makes it so much harder for the player in possession and leads directly to turnover of possession.

My final observation is simply that there is no other English player who is in his class or who can do what he can do. If Southgate doesn’t build his team around Jack then he is not fit for purpose. We have been desperate for a Jack Grealish since 1996. He walks into any team in the world. I like Mount, Foden, Sterling, Sancho et al but every team has those players. Hardly any teams in world football have players that can do what Jack does. If nothing else his absence has reminded me of how brilliant he is. Cannot wait to see him back. We are truly blessed to have him.

I agree, he's the best and most naturally talented Villa footballer of the modern era. You could go further and say in terms of England since Gazza.

One problem is the lack of protection, because Grealish is strong he does take a fair few knocks and this is impacting him through injuries now. I think also he does 'milk' a few challenges out of necessity.

Finally due to his Cavalier playing style it is inevitable he will find it difficult to play a whole season (I don't think he ever has).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I agree with everything you say apart from Foden, that kid is special.  Jack is everything you say and I completely agree and is better than Foden in my opinion but you cant dismiss talents just because they arent Jack.  Foden potential to be a special player, is already not far off and is only 20 years old.  That takes nothing away from the brilliance of Jack.  As England fans we are blessed with some exceptional talent and Jack and Foden are two of those that we should build a team around for years to come.

I agree with you on the likes of Sterling and Sancho being not in the same league as Jack.

Jack is incredibly special

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Finally due to his Cavalier playing style it is inevitable he will find it difficult to play a whole season (I don't think he ever has).

That's true, I think I saw a stat a few weeks back that shows the amount of games he played last season was unusual.  If I remember correctly he averages only playing something in the region of two-thirds of the games per season in the three seasons prior to last season, so this season is likely to be consistent of that.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I agree with everything you say apart from Foden, that kid is special.  Jack is everything you say and I completely agree and is better than Foden in my opinion but you cant dismiss talents just because they arent Jack.  Foden potential to be a special player, is already not far off and is only 20 years old.  That takes nothing away from the brilliance of Jack.  As England fans we are blessed with some exceptional talent and Jack and Foden are two of those that we should build a team around for years to come.

I agree with you on the likes of Sterling and Sancho being not in the same league as Jack.

Jack is incredibly special

Foden is top class but he also massively benefits from being surrounded by other class players. The difference I think with Jack is the way he can carry the ball. I have never seen an English player who has such unbelievable close control when running at pace. That’s why he is fouled so often. I would play Foden, Sterling and Grealish if I were Southgate. We would be unplayable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Foden is top class but he also massively benefits from being surrounded by other class players. The difference I think with Jack is the way he can carry the ball. I have never seen an English player who has such unbelievable close control when running at pace. That’s why he is fouled so often. I would play Foden, Sterling and Grealish if I were Southgate. We would be unplayable.

Without doubt re running with the ball.  My point was that Foden is special at what he does and we can’t dismiss that because it’s different to what Jack does.  Foden could be as good at what he does as Jack is at what he does.  That can only be good for England.  To start to think that England could have multiple world class players over the coming years is mouth watering.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Heard again today off a credible source he’s struggling with something, booze/drugs etc. and is in a bad way for something.

Argh, just passing on some info. 

Unless that credible sauce was Mr D Smith I don't believe it 

Â