The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

This doesn't sound to me like a football club about to drop £100+ million on Jack Grealish.

With Aguero leaving and the issues they've had up front this season their main priority in the Summer transfer window is a striker.

These journalists have just lost a lot of credibility.

I don't think anyone is paying 100M for Grealish anytime soon.

• Haha 1

Just getting bigged up by Bullard and Trundle on Soccer am. Bullard described him as being the difference for England in the Euros. It seems that Southgate is the only ex football player that doesn’t fully understand the value of our Jack!

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

These journalists have just lost a lot of credibility.

I don't think anyone is paying 100M for Grealish anytime soon.

Nah with no crowds at matches the bottom has fallen out the market. Transfer prices will reflect this this summer. 

• Like 1

The elephant in the room is his injury record, but more to the point the type of injury. 

Is this type if injury due to the way he plays?

If so the way he recovers from the constant battering he takes won't get any better as he gets older.

Is someone willing to spend 100m on a player who could well start missing more and more games?

No body knows how this will affect him but it will sure add to the gamble.

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The elephant in the room is his injury record, but more to the point the type of injury. 

Is this type if injury due to the way he plays?

If so the way he recovers from the constant battering he takes won't get any better as he gets older.

Is someone willing to spend 100m on a player who could well start missing more and more games?

No body knows how this will affect him but it will sure add to the gamble.

Think his history of off field antics might also have helped keep him at the club. Foreign managers and DOF will see those as red flags. 

Far as we know it's not effected his performances but still.

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Think his history of off field antics might also have helped keep him at the club. Foreign managers and DOF will see those as red flags. 

Far as we know it's not effected his performances but still.

Some of my best football performances in my 20’s was after a Friday night out.  Smashing through beer early on and then double vodka red bulls all night, getting no sleep and then playing like a superstar on a Saturday, then sleeping all Sunday.  The Redbull gave me wings...

feels red bull GIF by Sarah Schmidt

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Some of my best football performances in my 20’s was after a Friday night out.  Smashing through beer early on and then double vodka red bulls all night, getting no sleep and then playing like a superstar on a Saturday, then sleeping all Sunday.  The red bull gave me wings...

Adrian Mutu endorses coke. Just remember to bring your fake penis and clean pee for the doping tests :D 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Southgate saw enough when he called Jack up last time. Got all the others players coming out and saying how good he was. Statistically been one of the best in the worlds best league this season. Man of the Match whenever he puts on the England shirt. Consistently the best player on the pitch whenever he goes out for Aston Villa. I dont believe for one minute anything those rags come out with about him missing out. 100% going to the Euro’s, we know it, Southgate knows it, the world knows it. Why they even printing these stories atm? Theres 10 more games to play before the squad gets announced and Jacks just about to go into Turbo mode.

Are the rags saying Southgate might not pick him? I thought it was just Villa fans.

Missed watching him play football. 

If I were a betting man, I'd put serious money on him playing lights out, like a man possessed in these last 10 games to give Southgate zero choice come the summer. And Villa will reap the benefits. Come on Jack, let's repeat 2019!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, nick76 said:

Some of my best football performances in my 20’s was after a Friday night out.  Smashing through beer early on and then double vodka red bulls all night, getting no sleep and then playing like a superstar on a Saturday, then sleeping all Sunday.  The Redbull gave me wings...

Then you got your big money transfer to Villa Ross and practically retired 😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder if with Jack back, Barkley might get one last chance.  We will have the full XI that pretty much played every game during our good run back fit and hopefully refreshed won't we?

If the start of the season then Conor played the opening 2 games, if at Christmas we do have all the players available though Barkley didnt play

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

If the start of the season then Conor played the opening 2 games, if at Christmas we do have all the players available though Barkley didnt play

True, I guess Trez was in the team at the start before Traore took over roughly when Barkley got injured as well, in my mind we had Barkley playing behind Jack, Watkins and Traore.  If we had a better winger then I would unleash Jack in the middle for the last spell of the season.

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder if with Jack back, Barkley might get one last chance.  We will have the full XI that pretty much played every game during our good run back fit and hopefully refreshed won't we?

They do link up well together so its possible. 

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

True, I guess Trez was in the team at the start before Traore took over roughly when Barkley got injured as well, in my mind we had Barkley playing behind Jack, Watkins and Traore.  If we had a better winger then I would unleash Jack in the middle for the last spell of the season.

Jack in the free role if I remember was when Anwar and Traore were getting a lot of the goals for us so I think its a better option than playing Barkley

• Thanks 1

Rumour on twitter that he is out started by a Villa fan with 71k followers and a friend of Jacks brother apparently. Got a knock in training yesterday. We'll see.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â