The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

He honestly won’t want to go, unless the money he is being offered is astronomical (even then he would be extremely reluctant)

Im sorry i cant agree with you there. He was going to leave us for spurs. Ok granted we were in championship but these last few games without him really says alot. 

Citeh he will win trophies ans be paid stupid money. Money talks sadly.

Had we maybe still been in with a shout for europe i think that could have swayed it. But you cant blame him if he wants to go. Its a easy lure these days

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

What makes you say that? 

Honestly I only have a gut feeling. But I put it if I was in Jack’s position 

• Grew up on the holte end watching your heroes every week,

• LOVE Aston Villa

• You then drag them back into the premier league, you are captain of Aston Villa,

• You get two billionaire owners who promise to invest into the club with the aim of becoming a team that challenges for trophies and in Europe,

• You’ve seen the success the owners have had turning around their basketball team to one of the top teams

• You just signed a 5 year contract

• You are earning a great weekly wage

• You are now an England international 

• You have no desire of ever playing for another team if you don’t have too

• You can go on to be a hero for one of the most famous clubs in English football 

• Your whole family supports Aston Villa

• There’s a real possibility Aston Villa will invest massively every year

• You would regret leaving if Aston Villa went on to win the premier league or compete in Europe and you were a part of the rival teams challenge looking on from the outside.

This is just my gut feelings if I was Aston Villa’s captain like Jack is. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 2

It's up to Jack really. 

But as a fanbase, we have to accept that our Club won't ever achieve anything other than 'also ran' status (better than canon fodder) if we never get to keep our best players for a sustained period. Jack has been a star for us for a sustained period now, but only recently have we started to build that squad 'for the Premier League' stage of the plan. 

I also don’t understand the “lure” of European football, loads of crap teams get to play in Europe every year but you wouldn’t want to actually play for them.... would you?

Why does a player want to play in Europe? Is it because you earn more money?

Obviously you want to play in the best teams, but sometimes even the best teams miss out on Europe, heck even Liverpool might miss out on Europe this year, would that stop top players signing for them and joining West Ham instead?! 

Does Grealish really care if we are in Europe or just that the club are aiming to be in a position to challenge for Europe next season?

Edited by Tommo_b

I think he might go but villa wouldn't sell him

I think that's the trend that will happen with the transfer fees, some players will be unsellable, grealish for us, Kane for spurs, the only way they leave is when they're out of contract, mbappe might go with 1 year left, dortmund with Haaland might be the same, the fees will be so astronomical that no one will pay them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

It's up to Jack really.

it's not. he has 4 year's left of his contract. until we accept an offer from someone, it's very much up to us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

A few in that list i wouldn't mind at Villa...

:trollface:

i mentioned ward-prowse a while back. i think that's the sort of player we should be going for. there's a few others like edouard and bale that have been linked with moves away for a while too so think it's very presumptuous to assume jack is one of the 3-4 mentioned

Have people not learned from past speculation that it's not worth taking notice of the press linking Grealish with a move away, they just make up the stories for clickbait. Until we hear news of an actual bid, or he himself hands in a transfer request or states that he wants to leave it's not worth reacting to or worrying about.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Have people not learned from past speculation that it's not worth taking notice of the press linking Grealish with a move away, they just make up the stories for clickbait. Until we hear news of an actual bid, or he himself hands in a transfer request or states that he wants to leave it's not worth reacting to or worrying about.

Even if this happened somebody still has to pay the right price for him. 

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think he might go but villa wouldn't sell him

I think that's the trend that will happen with the transfer fees, some players will be unsellable, grealish for us, Kane for spurs, the only way they leave is when they're out of contract, mbappe might go with 1 year left, dortmund with Haaland might be the same, the fees will be so astronomical that no one will pay them

I cant see thw club standing in his way IF he wants to go.

He will say i helped you get up then stay up. Signed a contract so the club gets a huge fee for me.

What can the club say if he says those things? If he wants to go we cant  and shouldnt stop him. Its sad and shit but thats the way it has to be. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant see thw club standing in his way IF he wants to go.

He will say i helped you get up then stay up. Signed a contract so the club gets a huge fee for me.

What can the club say if he says those things? If he wants to go we cant  and shouldnt stop him. Its sad and shit but thats the way it has to be. 

it depends on circumstances. after he signed, he told how he spoke to the owners for an hour where they basically laid out a timeline for AVFC's progression. based on that timeline, he was happy to sign. so as long as we're within that timeline, there's no reason for him to want to leave. if he decides he wants out despite us being on course for the timeline laid out to him, then in that situation i can see the club standing in his way

had we been in another relegation battle this season, i think the club would have let him leave

but we're still talking as if he just hops on a bus and signs for one of the manchester clubs. they still need to match our valuation of him which i just don't see happening in this climate. we would be demanding well in excess of 100m, and i don't see teams paying that. city can afford it, but with no income from fans this season clubs just don't have the FFP headroom to be paying those kind of sums

Â