The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, Enda said:

See here after about 10m and 50s.

Yes Thumbs Up GIF by Paper Triangles

Never seen that, thanks for showing me....interesting!

Smith Out! Time for him to go now!

laugh laughing GIF

Just kidding!

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Percy clearly has a direct line to AVFC. i think we must give him exclusives in turn for not chatting shit like the others. but i've never seen him ever insinuate that jack is leaving this summer. a quick google returned nothing along those lines. please correct me if i'm wrong

I think anybody is saying it’s a done deal. I was disagreeing with Nick whose view is that it’s very unlikely and only coming from “rags”. I’m upset with Nick now because he made me defend The Telegraph.

• Haha 3

I cant believe he will stay if a club like Man City come in for him. He loves Villa but he wants to win trophies and play in the champions league. Hes mid twenties now, we have lost a lot of our star players of that age group in the past like Dwight Yorke and David Platt. 

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

shame cheltenham was behind closed doors too so that jack's dad couldn't get pissed an tell everyone that it was a 'done deal' again

I have to say that was probably the 'ITK' knowledge that pissed me off the most in all my time on VT.  It just led to loads of allegations that Jack had given up and didn't give a shit if we went down during the run in, when the complete opposite was true.

I find it very unlikely he will leave.  NSWE will most likely say he is not for sale at any price and in those circumstances Jack would have to kick up a hell of stink to force a move and I just don't think we would do that.  Perhaps if we sacked Dean (which is 0% chance) and replaced him with someone like Mourinho (also 0% chance) who sucks the fun out of football he might have his head turned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enda said:

I think anybody is saying it’s a done deal. I was disagreeing with Nick whose view is that it’s very unlikely and only coming from “rags”. I’m upset with Nick now because he made me defend The Telegraph.

Sorry mate.  It was worth me being wrong to see you sell your soul defending the Telegraph.

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I cant believe he will stay if a club like Man City come in for him. He loves Villa but he wants to win trophies and play in the champions league. Hes mid twenties now, we have lost a lot of our star players of that age group in the past like Dwight Yorke and David Platt. 

Let’s say every hurdle is passed, which I don’t think will happen because there are too many, let’s also assume the wage is the same and we both offer 200k per week and it’s down to Jack going to Man City or staying at Villa on a footballing level only.

We obviously can’t match trophies, we can’t match champions league matches even if we sneaked 4th next season, we are unlikely to go far in the competition and obviously working with Pep, KDB and quality is awesome.

Offset by that is playing and captain your boyhood club, assume top 10 team in the biggest league, progression higher likely in the league over the coming seasons and assumed massive assurances of spending by owners. Superstar at your club, living close to family and friends, and likely will be a club legend and earning same wages.

Risk of moving to new club and falling away as many stars do at new clubs like a Torres to Chelsea.  severely reduced game time as quality players in your positions already so likely rotated although over four competitions.  Could risk England place if things don’t work out well or due to less game time with England players like Rashford, Sterling, Foden and now Lingard.

I think it’s closer than people think, I wouldn’t say it’s a given he leaves.  If it did get down that that final hurdle I’d still expect him to leave because he’d have confidence in himself to succeed but I don’t think it’s as straight forward as Man City agree everything and he walks.

As I’ve said I think there are too many reasons against it for it to happen this summer before it even got to a straight choice of stay or go for Jack.

Edited by nick76

20 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Watching the england game and feels a terrible time for Jack to be injured. Mount taking his chance well, this feels like Gareths starting 11 to me. A plus in a way, Jack is gonna need to do something very special to put himself in that starting 11.

Mount and Jack together  would be good enough to win a trophy. Rice looks good, Kane is Kane. Sterling is a great player but he's a bit limited for me and that's where Jack's future  is, in his position. 

24 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Watching the england game and feels a terrible time for Jack to be injured. Mount taking his chance well, this feels like Gareths starting 11 to me. A plus in a way, Jack is gonna need to do something very special to put himself in that starting 11.

You only had to listen to GS to know that Mount was always streets ahead in his thinking. I don’t think Grealish was ever in line for a starting spot and he still has everything to play for for a squad place. It’s down to him now.

Great to see England absolutely toothless without Jack. This game is crying out for him. Sterling, Rashford, Mount, Foden are all good players but none of them can do what Jack can. Has to start if fit. 

8 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

dont think southgate will take him

This forum is full of these crazy posts. He will take him. The guys an idiot but he ain’t that stupid. He doesn’t take Jack the media would destroy him. It’s not just villa fans that are desperate for Jack to be in the team. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

just think its still a bit personnal with southgate and quick enough to get linguard in

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This thread is full of these crazy posts. He will take him. The guys an idiot but he ain’t that stupid. He doesn’t take Jack the media would destroy him. It’s not just villa fans that are desperate for Jack to be in the team. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This forum is full of these crazy posts. He will take him. The guys an idiot but he ain’t that stupid. He doesn’t take Jack the media would destroy him. It’s not just villa fans that are desperate for Jack to be in the team. 

Yes of course he will take him but don't know if he will start. 

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think this is exactly the difference/change and show of intent our board will want to make though, by NOT doing this.

All those things are true, the major difference,  however, is that we have never had owners like this.

Now I'm not saying he won't go, but if/when he does , it certainly won't be on a whimper or lack of intent from the board IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â