The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Isn't the word today Man. United want to sign Donny Van der Beek from Ajax?

I truly don't believe we'd sell Grealish this close to a new season particularly as we're doing no signings either so nothing to deflect like when we sold Benteke and quickly signed Amavi, Gana, Veretout etc.

Would send out all the wrong signals again. I think he'll be here another 12 months unless he's refusing to play which I really doubt.

Saw a post of FB from someone claiming done deal to Man U for 70 mill plus add ons as well. Claiming form 3 good sources etc.

Thing is, don't Sancho and Jack play on opposite sides?

How are they replacements for each other?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw a post of FB from someone claiming done deal to Man U for 70 mill plus add one as well. Claiming form 3 good sources etc.

Claiming doesn't mean anything.

24 minutes ago, useless said:

They knew about Tammy Abraham before anyone else and they've known a few others as well that I can't recall. Last year after they got Butland wrong they said they weren't going to say anything again becase they got a lot of unfair criticism because that one didn't happen.

Pretty sure we along with a few prem clubs were linked to Tammy for weeks so it was hardly a name plucked from the air like say Wesley who pretty much no one had heard of last summer.

• Like 1

Unless we sign some players on a similar level to him then if he doesn't leave this summer he's going to leave next summer, he won't want to stick around at a club that's happy just to survive.  Even McGinn was saying the other day that he was jel of Wolves and Leicester, if we don't at least progress to midtable this season can see him, Luiz and Mings wanting to move next summer nevermind Grealish. That's why if we've got big money to spend this window we need to make the most of it to improve our team in the best way possible, because we aren't going to have that kind of money to spend every summer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Then you get guys like Ty Bracey joining in with Dolan, knowing full well what it will do. Then writes this:

I wonder if other fanbases have this level of shit on social media. Or are we just desperate idiots?

Even the guys who others worship are now mocking them.

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Grealish to United did happen.

Might explain why we are linked with players not specifically in the areas where we need to prioritise.

Really hope it doesn't happen though.

Its all bull, pundits, reporters and so called ITKs just throw darts and they rarely hit targets cos they really dont know jackshit but they might fluke one and they dine out on it forever.... chumps

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

Can’t see Jack handing in a transfer request.

Cant see our owners allowing him to be sold this window given the tight scrape we had last season, may be next summer but not this time. We are significantly weaker without him, especially as we haven’t signed anyone and are only being linked to lower tier players.

£70/75m quoted seems low. As does the £135K/week wages quoted.

Edited by thunderball

All logic says that he is off in my opinion. Man U dont seem to get their other targets like Sancho, Jack would fit in perfectly at Man U and they have the resources to pay what we demand. For Jack it's probably his only chance of getting called up for England, when he outperforms Rashford and has the Man U brigade against him Southgate can't refuse, Jack will also get Champions League football. We wont be able to offer him European football in the coming years and we are not matching his ambition at the moment.

As much as I love him and want him to stay it probably better in the long run that he leaves. As it is now the constant speculation is disruptive, there is also too much of a gap between him and the rest of the squad. It becomes unbalanced when he is valued at £80M+ and the rest of the squad at £10-25M. We become too reliant on him. If we over the last windows would have signed a couple of £30-40M players we could have gradually closed the gap, but we haven't. And to attract those kind of players we probably need to give out wages higher than what Jack has, making the wage structure in the squad even more unbalanced. So perhaps selling Jack and bringing in say three £25M players in his place would makes us both more balanced and better overall, say Benrahma, Buendia and a relly good CM. Then use the rest of our money to buy a proper striker and CB. We would have a significantly better team, better balanced and not have the constant speculation of Jack leaving and the unsound sole focus on Jack all the time.

An alternative scenario, which I of course prefer, is that we now sign three or four real quality players to close the gap of quality between jack and the rest of the squad and to convince him that we are serious with our ambition. But as more and more links goes to Championship players I'm getting less hopefull of that one. 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

PLUS the reported 100 mill to include at least a couple of marquee signings to keep any optimism and build.

100m + reported 70m for Grealish = 170m.

Matty Cash 15m, Emi Martinez 15m, Ollie Watkins 25m, Said Benrahma 25m, Odsonne Edouard 40m

Leaving another 50m for someone in midfield. Could be worse?

• Like 1

Â