The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

He is though isn’t he, can not even believe I am posting it to be honest, never in a million years I thought I would and feel a bit dirty for doing so

Careful you don’t know what you might be starting with that sort of talk. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Another interesting fact of Deano signing for us..

He was playing for Derby and was being forced to leave that 1991 season. The Derby chairman at the time had put him up for a closed bids auction rather than a transfer.

It would have been a case that the highest silent bidder would have acquired Dean Saunders. Deano being furious at this discovery refused to be sold this way with no control where he could have ended up. 

Upon confronting the chairman was asked where he would like to go to. He said Liverpool and that's where he was sold to.

Deano later found out that the club who had infact nodded the most in the silent auction was Aston Villa.

14 months on from his move to Liverpool, Deano signed for Villa in the summer of 1992 becoming our record signing.  :hooray:

And to this day he still one of our biggest supporters 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

He is though isn’t he, can not even believe I am posting it to be honest, never in a million years I thought I would and feel a bit dirty for doing so

Brian Little was pretty special. Different times and circumstances make it difficult to make comparisons but the buzz when Brian picked up the ball I can almost still hear and feel now. And some of his goals..... wooow just woooow

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Another interesting fact of Deano signing for us..

He was playing for Derby and was being forced to leave that 1991 season. The Derby chairman at the time had put him up for a closed bids auction rather than a transfer.

It would have been a case that the highest silent bidder would have acquired Dean Saunders. Deano being furious at this discovery refused to be sold this way with no control where he could have ended up. 

Upon confronting the chairman was asked where he would like to go to. He said Liverpool and that's where he was sold to.

Deano later found out that the club who had infact nodded the most in the silent auction was Aston Villa.

14 months on from his move to Liverpool, Deano signed for Villa in the summer of 1992 becoming our record signing.  :hooray:

Andy you’re the font of all knowledge. Are you sure your not a Brentford fan? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A small part of me has concerns that Grealish could go the way of Zaha, and that we’d actually be better selling him for £75m+ now, to reinvest in the team, as opposed to potentially watching him have an ‘average’ season with us, and his value drop to the £40-50m level next summer.

As I say though, that’s just a small part of me though. I think Jack is a completely different kettle of fish to Zaha. Jack doesn’t rely on tricks and speed, and isn’t the type of typical winger that goes off the boil. He’s more likely to have another good season and hold more of his value.

Like I say... just a small concern :D

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Brian Little was pretty special. Different times and circumstances make it difficult to make comparisons but the buzz when Brian picked up the ball I can almost still hear now. And some of his goals..... wooow just woooow

100% agree mate, The thing that throws it for me is that Brian was very good in arguably the best Villa side I’ve ever seen, I honestly think the 76/77 side was better than the side that won the league, at Villa Park they were virtually invincible. Take away the fixture pileup caused by the league cup replays, in a competition that Brian virtually won for us on his own we could have and maybe should have won the league. That’s why I think Jack just shades it as he’s been absolutely superb in at best an average side, also Jack would never have almost ever signed for ‘them’

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I'll withhold judgement for a while yet. Tread carefully, for you tread on my dreams. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'll withhold judgement for a while yet. Tread carefully, for you tread on my dreams. 

And mine brother, From the times that AVFC Aston Villa are magic sounded out from the Holte end, and boy we were

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I try to log on to VillaTalk and get a ‘server timeout’ error, I reload and manage to get onto the site only to see the Grealish thread at the top of the page and running hot. Heart beating fast I click on the thread fearing the worst only to see a three page argument about Brian Little...

rage GIF

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

100% agree mate, The thing that throws it for me is that Brian was very good in arguably the best Villa side I’ve ever seen, I honestly think the 76/77 side was better than the side that won the league, at Villa Park they were virtually invincible. Take away the fixture pileup caused by the league cup replays, in a competition that Brian virtually won for us on his own we could have and maybe should have won the league. That’s why I think Jack just shades it as he’s been absolutely superb in at best an average side, also Jack would never have almost ever signed for ‘them’

Hopefully Jack stays and we can build a team like 76/77. I believe the ambitions of our owners are to try to achieve that. Would you bet against us?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I try to log on to VillaTalk and get a ‘server timeout’ error, I reload and manage to get onto the site only to see the Grealish thread at the top of the page and running hot. Heart beating fast I click on the thread fearing the worst only to see a three page argument about Brian Little...

rage GIF

It’s not an argument my friend it’s a friendly discussion of the generations. I can only imagine the sick feeling in your lower belly as you logged on and Apologise for my part in this

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Hopefully Jack stays and we can build a team like 76/77. I believe the ambitions of our owners are to try to achieve that. Would you bet against us?

Never ever, I believe in the Villa....... 

Funny enough my boy was mascot at the villa the day after Ron died, it was the Leicester game but we lost 4/1 forgetting that we were driving to the ground and the news came on the radio re Ron and I actually cried, never has someone’s death who I did not know personally affect me so much. Chris Nicol and Ken McNaught Were the legends in the suite before the game and I had a good chat to them about the gaffer, We had a laugh about Chris Nicoll dining out on that goal at Old Trafford for the rest of his life and McNaught being in the opposition colours at the time

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If we sign Abraham, Rashica, & Delufeo to compliment Luiz, McGinn & Grealish...

There would be a major masturbation festival erupting, Could get Messi.

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If we sign Abraham, Rashica, & Delufeo to compliment Luiz, McGinn & Grealish...

There would be a major masturbation festival erupting, Could get Messi.

If we get Messi it could get really messy 😂

• Haha 1

Â