The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

23 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jacks return isnt going to have the impact we would like... 😥

It doesnt matter, we've got a 5% chance of somehow getting playoffs anyway; but if he smashes it and plays 9/10 every week he's just putting himself in the shop window while we submerge into championship obscurity 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

obviously i love jack, he's easily our best player, but the next few days are going to be properly cringe worthy how the club hype his return up

I have to agree. He isn't exactly Messi. It's really embarrassing. 

• Haha 1

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/02/26/dean-smith-on-jack-grealish-comeback

Dean Smith has confirmed Jack Grealish will make his injury comeback for Aston Villa against Derby County on Saturday.

The 23-year-old has been absent since coming off against West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns in early December – missing 14 games in all competitions.

Grealish has now returned to full training following extensive recovery work at Bodymoor Heath and in Dubai, and is now available to return to action at Villa Park this weekend.

Smith told Club TV on Tuesday: "He's trained well and is available for selection for the game against Derby.

"Whether he starts or not, we'll have to wait and see.

"But he's trained well and has worked really hard to get himself into contention. He's pushing for a starting spot on Saturday.

"The medical staff have had to keep a rein on me these last few weeks! I've been looking to get him back as soon as possible and put a bit of pressure on the doctor and medical staff.

"Then, obviously, I've had to rein Jack in as well. When he hasn't felt anymore pain, he's wanted to get going.

"But we had to nurse him back because it was a big injury. It could have been a dangerous one in terms of future injuries.

"I think we've done it right and I hope he can now go and see the season out well."

Smith also reiterated his belief that Grealish remains the best player in the Sky Bet Championship, and hopes on-the-pitch fortunes will improve in line with his comeback.

He added: "It gives everybody a boost. Results wise, we've not been as good without him.

"I don't just put that down to missing Jack – there's a number of reasons for it.

"James Chester and Axel Tuanzebe have both been missing, for example.

"I believe Jack is the best player in the league and any team that loses that kind of quality would suffer. We've suffered a bit, so it'll be nice to have him back."

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s a bit embarrassing. Surely it would’ve been better not to announce it, now derby can prepare the team with him playing 

not a chance he will start. He hasnt played for over 2 months. Prob get last half an hour

• Like 2

They have even did a behind the scenes jack in training video. This is so just so cringe. How does it make the rest of the team feel that we are highlighting he is mor eimpoetant than the rest of them? 

I'm. Glad he is back but man this is getting proper OTT

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They have even did a behind the scenes jack in training video. This is so just so cringe. How does it make the rest of the team feel that we are highlighting he is mor eimpoetant than the rest of them? 

He's the star player, it's not that serious.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Right because up until now it was a guarded secret to the rest of the team that Jack is the "Golden boy".

Wonder how the Barca players cope with Messi.

ANY stick huh? lol

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would be a shame if he is a flop after all this hype.

Â