The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Having him back at all is a massive boost. I suspect these will be the last 12 games he'll be a Villa player for so it'll be good to see him play as much as possible.

He wasn't at his best at the start of the season but was still our best player, just received unjust criticism based on the expectations placed on him. Particularly once he found form he was levels above anyone in the side and it's really been felt during his absence.

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Having him back at all is a massive boost. I suspect these will be the last 12 games he'll be a Villa player for so it'll be good to see him play as much as possible.

He wasn't at his best at the start of the season but was still our best player, just received unjust criticism based on the expectations placed on him. Particularly once he found form he was levels above anyone in the side and it's really been felt during his absence.

Cant see him leaving in the summer personally. If he does then I cant see us getting as much for him as we would have if he had played more games this season. Moreover, cant see our owners selling him for less than the 'agreed' release clause, whatever that is!

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Agree, in fact i'd go as far to say that we'd still be right in the hunt, even possibly for automatic promotion, if he'd been fit all year.

6 hours ago, Indigo said:

I suspect these will be the last 12 games he'll be a Villa player for so it'll be good to see him play as much as possible.

Who is going to pay the money for him? 

19 hours ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

Cant see him leaving in the summer personally. If he does then I cant see us getting as much for him as we would have if he had played more games this season. Moreover, cant see our owners selling him for less than the 'agreed' release clause, whatever that is!

I'm totally of this opinion too, it's £40mill or no deal - and nobody is going to pay that other than maybe a newly promoted side but not sure that'll turn his head. At least I hope not.

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently will be starting and named captain!

EDIT: Confirmed

Which is baffling considering he's fallen out with Smith, the guy who's been lying and talking about how much we've missed him etc. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Except being an excuse for Smith's while he's out injured. 

No idea what this means. 

Shame you can't enjoy us playing better.

Edit. He should wear proper shin pads though. 

Edited by praisedmambo

9 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

No idea what this means. 

Shame you can't enjoy us playing better.

Edit. He should wear proper shin pads though. 

I was being sarcastic. What I tried to say, in a sarcastic way, building on your comment. Was that Grealish makes no difference. Except for being somone Smith can use as an excuse for poor performances while he(Grealish) is out injured. 

But yea, should be wearing proper protection. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skruff said:

I was being sarcastic. What I tried to say, in a sarcastic way, building on your comment. Was that Grealish makes no difference. Except for being somone Smith can use as an excuse for poor performances while he(Grealish) is out injured. 

But yea, should be wearing proper protection. 

Ha. Ok fair enough. Seriously though we have no weapon without him. I think our team doesn't necessarily need Grealish to function, just a type of player who has some pace and can be a bit dangerous. That's what we've been missing since he's been injured. Also, the quality in the captain's football ability has never been as different between two games as today and the last game.

Edited by praisedmambo

On 27/02/2019 at 13:34, LakotaDakota said:

It's perfectly true, i really couldn't give a shit. He is massively, massively overrated and not even fit enough to start half the games we play.

Overrated 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 3

Â