The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Interesting reading, and the highlighted is some of those reasons are that you failed to adapt in the time of Jack's absence concluding in a poor run of form are some of the following:

- Not changing anything tactically, not adapting to the existing personnel and getting the best out of what you had. It's been a very poor two months imo. 

And to rub it in he now celebrates Jack's return like everything is suddenly going to be okay again! - I wonder what message that throws out to the other existing first teamers who have slugged their **** off in the two months he has been absent combined with that; most of the first team have as little as 12 weeks left before they leave the club.

And not to forget the further excuses "oh the loss of Tuanzebe & Chester", sorry but no. We had Elphick as cover when Tuanzebe was out and a whole transfer Window to address the loss of Tuanzebe and relief for Chester who has only missed the last 3/4 games really. - where does he highlight that he infact replaced these two mentioned with Tyrone Mings and Kourtney Hause.

I think he has got the best out of what we have. 

What we have is shit. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he has got the best out of what we have. 

What we have is shit. 

I disagree. Although I agree we've been made to look shit.

But suddenly captain Jack is back and all these shit players are all suddenly going to turn good again?

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Look at Barcelona without Messi, Real since Ronaldo left or Chelsea without Hazard

They are much better squads than Villa and struggle badly without the best player

They are 3 of the worlds best players with 2000+ appearances & well over 1000 goals/assists.

Grealish has made about 70 starts in 5 years and thinks the net is something you put on your hair at night

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

They are 3 of the worlds best players with 2000+ appearances & well over 1000 goals/assists.

Grealish has made about 70 starts in 5 years and thinks the net is something you put on your hair at night

The principle is still the same. They are the stars for their team and their team suffers when they're not playing. 

• Like 3

Messi has missed 8 games this season, Barca won 5, drew 1 & lost 2

He missed 5 last year, they won 3 drew 1 lost 1

Ronaldo has missed 1 game for juve this year, they won 3-0

He missed 17 for real last year - They won 11, drew 3 & lost 3

Hazard has missed 8 games this year They won 6 drew 1 lost 1

He missed 7 last year then won 4 drew 2 lost 1

they rarely miss games (pretty much a of these are nearly 60 game seasons) and when they do they win anyway more often than not, most of the losses are actually cup games where they were rested and on quite a few occasions were already through anyway

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Messi has missed 8 games this season, Barca won 5, drew 1 & lost 2

He missed 5 last year, they won 3 drew 1 lost 1

Ronaldo has missed 1 game for juve this year, they won 3-0

He missed 17 for real last year - They won 11, drew 3 & lost 3

Hazard has missed 8 games this year They won 6 drew 1 lost 1

He missed 7 last year then won 4 drew 2 lost 1

they rarely miss games (pretty much a of these are nearly 60 game seasons) and when they do they win anyway more often than not, most of the losses are actually cup games where they were rested and on quite a few occasions were already through anyway

How much have Real suffered with Ronaldo this season though? 

And I'm not sure if you've watched many Barca games, but without Messi when he was injured - they were shocking. Leaking goals and their threat upfront without Messi was quite bad. As a result Suarez struggled and went on a bit of a goaless streak. 

Watch the games rather then just looking at the final result. 

Edited by Jay.P.A
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Do you know how influential this guy is to our club?

Just read the stats when he was playing. Dribbles, fouls, touches, freekicks won, key passes. Jheeze. It's like ripping the steering wheel out the car - it will still drive but we'll have no direction. 

I am not disputing his personal traits or what he brings to the game etc. We are all aware of what he can do, i was commenting more of it being a paper over the cracks process in a hard luck story scenario. The season is over and we won't be making the play-offs, but we will pick up a few results to make it look like a fairytale hard luck story.

9 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

How much have Real suffered with Ronaldo this season though? 

And I'm not sure if you've watched many Barca games, but without Messi when he was injured - they were shocking. Leaking goals and their threat upfront without Messi was quite bad. As a result Suarez struggled and went on a bit of a goaless streak. 

Watch the games rather then just looking at the final result. 

Ronaldo has been sold, nothing they can do about that, he is no longer their player. If they relied on him that much they shouldn't have sold him. You can't compare an injured/suspended player to one that is no longer there, Especially when they won or drew 82% of the games he missed last year.

Messi has missed 13 games in 2 years, they won 8 drew 2 lost 3. Do you think anyone cares that their threat up front "was quite bad" ?

You don't get points for playing nicer football, The result is all that matters

8 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Ronaldo has been sold, nothing they can do about that, he is no longer their player. If they relied on him that much they shouldn't have sold him. You can't compare an injured/suspended player to one that is no longer there, Especially when they won or drew 82% of the games he missed last year.

Messi has missed 13 games in 2 years, they won 8 drew 2 lost 3. Do you think anyone cares that their threat up front "was quite bad" ?

You don't get points for playing nicer football, The result is all that matters

The point I was making was Grealish to us is as pivitol to any star in any team is. 

Without Ronaldo's influence at Real they have fallen hard. Yes he's not there anymore but the principle is still the same. 

Without Messi, Barca are forced to play a different way and they struggle at times. 

Taking Grealish out of our team means the opposition can change their game play dramatically and changes their tactics against us big time. Having Grealish on the pitch alone means more time on the ball for our midfielders and helps our wingers. 

Edited by Jay.P.A

11 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

The point I was making was Grealish to us is as pivitol to any star in any team is. 

Without Ronaldo's influence at Real they have fallen hard. Yes he's not there anymore but the principle is still the same. 

Without Messi, Barca are forced to play a different way and they struggle at times. 

Taking Grealish out of our team means the opposition can change their game play dramatically and changes their tactics against us big time. Having Grealish on the pitch alone means more time on the ball for our midfielders and helps our wingers. 

Zidane left madrid, They have had 2 useless managers this season that ronaldo didn't even play under. He is far from the only reason for their current state

Barca find a different way to play and win/draw 77% of the games he does not play in (this is no worse than their record with him in the team) I wouldn't call that struggling

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

Zidane left madrid, They have had 2 useless managers this season that ronaldo didn't even play under. He is far from the only reason for their current state

Barca find a different way to play and win/draw 77% of the games he does not play in (this is no worse than their record with him in the team) I wouldn't call that struggling

Seeing as you like stats, 

Please find out how we got on with and without Grealish please. 

• Like 1

I have done that many times before, Haven't cared enough to update it with this seasons but over the course of our entire championship existence we got more points per game without him in the squad than with him in it and the more he played the fewer points per game we got.

This is from the end of last year:

DgiLXO6XUAAvWMu.jpg:large

This season he has started 21 games we won 8 of them

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Confused 1

Grealish has played 21 games this season out of a possible 34 (excluding cup games)

With Grealish:

Won 8 - 38%

Drew 8 - 38%

Lost 5 - 24% 

Without Grealish

Won 2 - 15%

Drew 7 - 54%

Lost 4 - 31%

From a points perspective that is:

With Grealish:

Won 8  - 24 points

Drew 8 - 8 points

Lost 5 - 0 points

50% take home of points

Without Grealish

Won 2 - 6 points

Drew 7 - 7 points

Lost 4  - 0 points

33% take home of points

I'm going for a lie down...

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

By all accounts Barca were not great against Sevilla at the weekend. Messi also wasn't that great, but he scored a hattrick of high-quality goals. They go on to win 4-2. Star players are the difference between losing and winning and drawing and winning.

Grealish is that for us—he may not score or get that many assists even, but it is clear as day that his running with the ball brings people into play in positions that are threatening and that they wouldn't have been in without Jack. It's not a hard-luck story—it is indisputable. Disputable only by those desperate to make everything black and white bad. Ronaldo pretty much single-handedly won Portugual the Euros ffs!

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

seems crazy to me that our own fans still judge him by what they read on a piece of paper, bad enough that the social media experts do it and claim onomah is a better player, just watch him play! blatantly obvious we are better with him in the team, not just for his own qualities but for the freeing up of everyone else

• Like 3

Â