The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

20 minutes ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

😂😂 yeah lets forget about this year as it doesn't fit in with your agenda... it also looks like you care a lot about these discussions tbh !

It's perfectly true, i really couldn't give a shit. He is massively, massively overrated and not even fit enough to start half the games we play.

But since you have asked i i have a spare 5 minutes if you include this season we still have more points per game and a better win percentage when he isn't involved at all compared to when he starts.

Started 60 W24 D19 L17  PPG 1.51 (40% win rate)

Played full match or came on as sub 79 W30 D24 L25 PPG 1.44 (38% win rate)

Not played at all 47 W20 D16 L11 PPG 1.61 (42.5% win rate)

Still the same, The more he plays the lower our win % and points per game

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

stats schmats. I just find the team more entertaining to watch when he is playing. and I have more confidence in someone actually doing something creative

Pretty much this, probably the most exciting player we have had since Young

But just like Smith, as he is a Villa lad its easy to have a go at him. Calling him overrated 😂😂

28 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'm just glad that Jack is under no major pressure coming back into the side..............

been like it for years, we made him the face of one the worst villa teams in living memory, the weight our marketing team put on his shoulders is insane

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Ronaldo has been sold, nothing they can do about that, he is no longer their player. If they relied on him that much they shouldn't have sold him. You can't compare an injured/suspended player to one that is no longer there, Especially when they won or drew 82% of the games he missed last year.

Messi has missed 13 games in 2 years, they won 8 drew 2 lost 3. Do you think anyone cares that their threat up front "was quite bad" ?

You don't get points for playing nicer football, The result is all that matters

Considering that you're the 'stats with no context' guy of this forum, it's quite surprising that your take on 'Aston Villa have won just 2 of 13 games without Jack Grealish' is not that Grealish is very important to Villa. Actually it's not, but still.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

been like it for years, we made him the face of one the worst villa teams in living memory, the weight our marketing team put on his shoulders is insane

The Instagram announcement of his return from injury was just a tad over the top.

The best player in the Championship returning back from a long injury is always going to make news. Not only that, it changes other team's tactics when playing us. 

Not only that, it means our other midfield players will have move time on the ball

Not only that, it increases our set-play chances of scoring because of how many free kicks he wins in dangerous areas

Not only that, he provides an extra goal threat because of his ability to find players in the final third.

Not only that, he alleviates pressure from our defence because of his ability to hold onto the ball. 

Overrated? GTFOH. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

The best player in the Championship returning back from a long injury is always going to make news. Not only that, it changes other team's tactics when playing us. 

Not only that, it means our other midfield players will have move time on the ball

Not only that, it increases our set-play chances of scoring because of how many free kicks he wins in dangerous areas

Not only that, he provides an extra goal threat because of his ability to find players in the final third.

Not only that, he alleviates pressure from our defence because of his ability to hold onto the ball. 

Overrated? GTFOH. 

I refuse to believe that this many people are struggling with the age old sporting concept of 'team struggles without star player', which happens in every sport at every level. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Considering that you're the 'stats with no context' guy of this forum, it's quite surprising that your take on 'Aston Villa have won just 2 of 13 games without Jack Grealish' is not that Grealish is very important to Villa. Actually it's not, but still.

Yeah, Results from every single game is clearly "stats without context"  2 wins in 13 is more to do with the clown in charge than anything else

48 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

we only won 8 of 21 with him....

22 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

we only won 8 of 21 with him....

That's still more than double the rate of when we were without him? Just looking at Smith's tenure, that's:

5 wins out of 9 with Grealish

2 wins out of 13 without Grealish

38 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's still more than double the rate of when we were without him? Just looking at Smith's tenure, that's:

5 wins out of 9 with Grealish

2 wins out of 13 without Grealish

Why just look at Smiths? do the games he was shit in at the start of the season not count anymore?

For someone who whines about stats being out of context you are being rather selective there...

Edited by LakotaDakota

20 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Why just look at Smiths? do the games he was shit in at the start of the season not count anymore?

For someone who whines about stats being out of context you are being rather selective there...

Uh I'm not, I literally said how 8 wins in 21 is twice the win rate of 2 wins in 13. It's more relevant to look at Smith's reign because all the games he missed have been under Smith, and he's much more important in Smith's style...aka more context. But fine, leave it all out.

The raw numbers are 38% win rate with Grealish vs 15% without. Interested to see your take on that.

2us351.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

It's perfectly true, i really couldn't give a shit. He is massively, massively overrated and not even fit enough to start half the games we play.

But since you have asked i i have a spare 5 minutes if you include this season we still have more points per game and a better win percentage when he isn't involved at all compared to when he starts.

Started 60 W24 D19 L17  PPG 1.51 (40% win rate)

Played full match or came on as sub 79 W30 D24 L25 PPG 1.44 (38% win rate)

Not played at all 47 W20 D16 L11 PPG 1.61 (42.5% win rate)

Still the same, The more he plays the lower our win % and points per game

He was crap the first season, it wasn't until he returned from injury last year that we saw him play brilliant game after game. You'd have to be a fool or someone who hates Grealish to try and argue that since that point he hasn't been an important part of the team. 

Â