The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Five Ken McNaughts said:

One of those nights where Jack gets all wrapped up in petty nonsense and never gets his head in the game.

There was a moment in the first half that summed that up, maybe about 30 mins in

He picked the ball up in the middle of our half, carried the ball horizontal across 3 Brighton players before laying off an easy pass to konsa that was an easy pass 10 seconds before without carrying the ball, didn't need to do it, and all 3 Brighton players took a bite at him, gave him a little push a little kick and little nibble, and after he played the ball he stopped and moaned like **** at the ref

That was pretty much him tonight 

• Like 2

We'd be much much better leaving Grealish where he is, and if we must replace Barkley, then replace him with someone like Sanson or Ramsey, or even bring in Nakamba and play McGinn a bit further forward, that is replace him with an actual midfielder, so we don't leave ourselves weak in that area. Need to let go of this idea that we can play anyone as the attacking midfielder as long as they're a flair player, there's a lot more responsibility to playing the position than that.

• Like 2

He can play anywhere across the front 3, as soon as we see they have a CM playing wing back he should be on the right side. Even more so after we had an awful start and that wing back got booked, Jack would have had more room over there and that's what we need. Same can be said about West Ham when they tried to double up on him, move him and ruin their plan.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He hasn't seemed his normal self the last few games. Don't think it's necessarily that he's been marked out of it. He'll be back soon.

I said it in the West Ham game he looks like he is carrying an injury. He hasn't moved as much since that game

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I said it in the West Ham game he looks like he is carrying an injury. He hasn't moved as much since that game

Starting to agree. Something is up with him and it is really bad timing for him with the next international break coming up as Maddison, Barnes, Foden and Mount are all in fantastic form and are banging goals in. 

Really thought we weren't a one man team this season.

But turns out if you stop Jack you stop Villa.

West Ham and Brighton both nullified him and we look hopeless without his influence.

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

West Ham and Brighton both nullified him and we look hopeless without his influence.

We’re not a one man team because our defence and gk have been fantastic and we are picking up points. Jack is off it (I don’t think Brighton nullified him, I think for whatever reason he’s not firing on all cylinders) and that has impacted our attack but we are capable of scoring without him being involved, we just have to remember how to do it whilst he recovers his form. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

West Ham and Brighton both nullified him and we look hopeless without his influence

Don't know why I'm biting as I see you've been negative in nearly every thread but...

2 games. 2 games is your sample size. I'd say in more games than that this season, jack has been nullified to an extent but the others have stepped up. 

Like another poster has said, a one man team doesn't defend how we do and have a team spirit like we do. But, keep up your negative campaign. You'll do yourself some damage, eventually.

• Like 3

Pressure of making the England team for the Euros starting to unsettle him? He is a class class act and I’m sure he will be back to his very best soon - we need to be decisive and put him where Barkley is in games like last night. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'd try spreading the word here in Aberdeen, but alas Grealish being English doesn't help his cause. They'd hate him by default 😁 

They love Manure here for Fergie's exploits at Aberdeen. 

Until her fairly recent passing at the age of 91, my wife’s grandmother, who lived in Fraserburgh was sports mad. She supported Man U entirely because of her beloved Alex. She was quite a formidable lady but stood for my ribbing of her if Man U hadn’t done so well. Only gentle ribbing though, you didn’t push your luck with Grandma Lydia!!

• Haha 1

Coincidence the Messi comments prompted him to develop the touch of a rapist last night?

I was in disbelief at what I was seeing 😆 

Good that we got away with that performance big time, need yet another reaction on Sunday; we generally get one. Our form is so inconsistent atm though which is a worry, gone a bit stale

7 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Pressure of making the England team for the Euros starting to unsettle him? He is a class class act and I’m sure he will be back to his very best soon - we need to be decisive and put him where Barkley is in games like last night. 

Not really

The number of games we've played, corona and teams targeting him 

And for this "poor" spell - assist vs utd, goal vs Burnley, assist vs West ham, assist vs Newcastle, assist vs Southampton and the Burnley run which would have been goal of the season if he'd have scored - he's still doing things, just not the incredible grealish that we all know he can be 

• Like 1

On 12/02/2021 at 15:19, MaVilla said:

mind boggling....

His stats are best in league NOW. Just imagine what they would look like with better players on the end of that lot.  Some seriously glaring misses. 

Another reason why if we can keep him on board, we really could go places if we keep spending on top players. 

• Like 2

I honestly missed the doubling up on him against West Ham and Brighton.  They only things they've done differently to every other team is have men specifically man mark Jack and follow him everywhere - both Coufal and Veltman - and Jack hasn't had the answer. 

• Confused 1

Â