The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

FWIW I think he has been carrying an injury since the West Ham game, he hasnt moved as freely since that game.

Without wanting Jack to get injured I have been curious how we will play without him this season, last season we nearly beat Liverpool without him and I feel Barkley even if in shit form and Bertrand are better players than what we had last season

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It feels like our season could just fizzle out now. Rumours are a stress fracture again. Who’s stepping up? Awful timing with no Cashy either. Leicester and Leeds i didnt fancy even if they were both fit, definitely dont now. Damage limitation tactics needed

If our best hope of doing anything is " damage limitation " tactics against decent teams in the league, due to an injury to a key player, we might as well pack it in.

Our squad is much improved from last season, I actually remember us having a couple of our best performances without Jack.

It just might give a few the chance to step up, and help us discover a new way of playing.

Will probably also give him a much needed rest.

Super McGinn time!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

I

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If our best hope of doing anything except " damage limitation " against decent teams in the league, we might as well pack it in.

Our squad is much improved from last season, I actually remember us having a couple of our best performances without Jack.

It just might give a few the chance to step up, and help us discover a new way of playing.

Will probably also give him a much needed rest.

Super McGinn time!

Lets hope so. They might in a strange way all pull together and be galvanised. I wonder if Sanson gets in from the start on Sunday. Mings captain 💪

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Right, so thats how we and Leicester find out about it, when Targett transfers him out of his fantasy team.

Lol, most FPL players have transferred him out this week, simply due to a poor points haul the last few weeks. Lol

I've only kept him in due to the Claret and Blue specs, and fear that he will have a blinder if I take him out.

Is this really where the rumour has come from?

To be fair I was half tempted to transfer Grealish out of my FPL this week; his form hasn't been great. Opted to take out Soucek eventually.

But as others have mentioned, Twitter rumours normally turn out to be true when you don't want them to be. The fact that the club didn't post a picture of him training, or do their usual Friday 'who do you want to see?' doesn't look great.

If it's his shins again it's a huge blow that could rule him out for the rest of the season & the EUROs if the timescale is as long as last time.

Hopefully it's something else and just a couple of weeks.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Terrible news if true. If it’s his shins again this could take months. If it takes months he won’t go to the Euros - absolute sucker punch. 

Gareth will be praying for this 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

didnt Matt Targett transfer himself out a few weeks ago and he still played :D 

He did. But this is 5 doing it before a tasty double. Doesn't look great. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol, most FPL players have transferred him out this week, simply due to a poor points haul the last few weeks. Lol

I've only kept him in due to the Claret and Blue specs, and fear that he will have a blinder if I take him out.

Is this really where the rumour has come from?

Leeds have double game week so loads want Raphina or Harrison and not lose Bruno Salah Gundogan etc so Grealish is popular out even though most FPL managers seem shocked to find out he has the most FPL assists of any PL player this season

• Like 1

Its a double gameweek for a couple of teams, people just want to capitalise on that. Let's not get carried away now. Plus we've not been great recently, I even considered taking him out this week

Â