The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 07/02/2021 at 10:45, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You couldn't make this up, saw this photo underneath the Birmingham Live article about him allegedley being offered a new deal.

May be an image of 1 person, beard and text

Surprised they missed the opportunity for a clickbait Newsnow Headline here :

Seriously though, why does this guy look like a Jack Grealish gone wrong though? Placed right under the article, strategy or stupendous coincidence, either way I found it funny as f*ck.

Reminds me of Peter Crouch.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The comparisons are on again this morning.

Painful.

On BEIN, Andy Gray , Nigel De Jong and Richard Key were having the same debate after the game.

They gushed over how good Foden was, but pointed out that he was still young, and if they had to choose ONE currently, it would be Jack.

They also floated the idea of if it would be possible to play him, Foden, and Sterling etc as a front three together, with sitting mids for England.

It was nice to see they would still choose Jack.

Foden is undeniably a brilliant little player though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On BEIN, Andy Gray , Nigel De Jong and Richard Key were having the same debate after the game.

They gushed over how good Foden was, but pointed out that he was still young, and if they had to choose ONE currently, it would be Jack.

They also floated the idea of if it would be possible to play him, Foden, and Sterling etc as a front three together, with sitting mids for England.

He reminds me of Kappa Slappers boyfriend in Viz for some bizarre reason 

• Haha 1

England's pool of players is ridiculous going forward. If only we had the defence of 2004 with this group, although Stones has stepped up and I think Konsa will be a perfect partner for him, hopefully Southgate will realise it soon. I really hope Maguire and Pickford get binned off ASAP as there's much better options available. 

I think we will have our best chance for a long, long time of winning a major tournament. I don't see the younger players coming through having the same mental weaknesses as the 'golden generation' did. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd definitely take Jack at the moment and he is the more complete player but I won't deny that Foden's ceiling could be even higher.  Of course, I don't think Grealish has fully reached his ceiling yet either.

• Like 2

Its strange how all the pundits keep bracketing Grealish, Foden, Mount and Maddison together

I think Grealish and Foden fall into the 'forwards' group with Rashford, Sterling, Kane, DCL, Sancho, Ings, Abraham etc. Will probably end up being 6 from that list. Both of them have to go in my opinion. I generally think English talents get over hyped way too early (unless your name is Grealish) but Foden is the real deal 

Mount and Maddison fall into the 'centre mids' group with Hendo, Rice etc. They rarely play in the wingers spots and most of the time play as 8 / 10 

33 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Its strange how all the pundits keep bracketing Grealish, Foden, Mount and Maddison together

I think Grealish and Foden fall into the 'forwards' group with Rashford, Sterling, Kane, DCL, Sancho, Ings, Abraham etc. Will probably end up being 6 from that list. Both of them have to go in my opinion. I generally think English talents get over hyped way too early (unless your name is Grealish) but Foden is the real deal 

Mount and Maddison fall into the 'centre mids' group with Hendo, Rice etc. They rarely play in the wingers spots and most of the time play as 8 / 10 

When you think about it, it must be difficult for Southgate to decide who to leave out.

There are some very good attacking mids/forwards/Wingers for England to be fair.

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When you think about it, it must be difficult for Southgate to decide who to leave out.

There are some very good attacking mids/forwards/Wingers for England to be fair.

This is true, however, if your team does not contain Grealish, Foden and Kane then you are not utilising the very best English talent.

The problem is Southgate's obsession with playing five at the back. Play four across the back and you have the opportunity to play three in the area that England are most blessed, as well as Kane. Stick with the current system and I still think Southgate will see Grealish as a bench player at best.

Edited by picicata
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, picicata said:

This is true, however, if your team does not contain Grealish, Foden and Kane then you are not utilising the very best English talent.

The problem is Southgate's obsession with playing five at the back. Play four across the back and you have the opportunity to play three in the area that England are most blessed, as well as Kane. Stick with the current system and I still think Southgate will see Grealish as a bench player at best.

Yep, Southgate seems to be old school where a shit defence is bettered by playing more defensively 

Modern forward thinking managers overcome a poor defence with either a possession controlling midfield or a high pressing attack

We have the players to do either of those if he wanted to, our attacking options are insane and young so will only get better 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, picicata said:

Southgates obsession is to not concede, and thinks playing so defensively and on the counter is the way to do it. Hence 5 at the back and 2 sitting mids.

With the talent we have up top I can't see why we don't play our strongest back 4, sit say Rice in front of them, then start Kane, Rashford, Foden, Grealish and Maddison/Sterling/Mount and just say 'score more than them'.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, Southgate seems to be old school where a shit defence is bettered by playing more defensively 

Modern forward thinking managers overcome a poor defence with either a possession controlling midfield or a high pressing attack

We have the players to do either of those if he wanted to, our attacking options are insane and young so will only get better 

Yup. One of the best generations of attacking talent this country has had in a very long time is being wasted by Alex McLeish in a waistcoat. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Rumours going around that we might offer him another new contract.

An extra year and 200k pw. 

Personally I think he is work every penny. Might upset some players though

I do not see it would they all look to get the ball to him,  he is the club captain, the face of Aston Villa and hopefully soon to the face of England.   No player would begrudge him that to have him in their team.

29 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Rumours going around that we might offer him another new contract.

An extra year and 200k pw. 

Personally I think he is work every penny. Might upset some players though

100% worth it. Completely irreplaceable for us. Players will want to come to Villa just to play with him. I think we get CL within the next 2 seasons if he stays. 

Â