The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, useless said:

I don't think Grealish seeking a move over this makes much logical sense, he's disillusioned with Southgate, so don't think it would makes sense that he'd ask for a transer to play for him. That's not to say he won't leave, but if he does I don't think it will be because of Southgate not picking him for England.

Yeah if you look at it, he's picked Kalvin Phillips so any talk of Grealish moving to a "big club" to play in Europe is clearly bullshit. Hopefully Jack has people around him smart enough to point that out, I think it might be that he's not Southgate's type of personality for whatever reason. For the national teams sake I really, really hope we're not doing another Le Tissier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knoppy1987 said:

I'd be getting back in the Ireland shirt. Disgrace. 

That's the travesty,

You have to declare that you are switching nationality which he had to do to play in the England U21s. You can only switch once. 

Edit - As if by fait, I have just read that fifa are changing the rules back this week - so he is no longer locked in.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 1

Found this on YBIG forum regarding McGrath, dated 2nd August. I found it difficult to navigate the sunday world website on my phone to find the article. 

Interesting quote from former Aston Villa and Ireland legend Paul McGrath in today's Sunday World on the subject of Jack Grealish : " By the way, a little bird whispered in my ear not so long ago that Jack now regrets not staying with Ireland, when Martin O'Neill was our manager. The boss pleaded with Jack and his family that the lad stay with Ireland. But it's too late now-you can't change your international allegiance twice ! "

A recent rule change though means he can change back. 

Edited by Newry_Villan

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

That's the travesty,

You have to declare that you are switching nationality which he had to do to play in the England U21s. You can only switch once. 

I think Ireland would shift heaven and earth to try though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Utterly bizarre to even suggest that. 15-20 years ago no other club had provided as many England internationals as us. We might have been crap the last 10 years,  but we're probably still quite high on that list. 

You can probably say a lot about this club, but the notion you need to move on to be an England international, that's one thing that simply is load of fecking shite.  

If Phillips can get a call up and he's not played a second of Premier League football then all arguments for Grealish needing to move to a bigger club to get a call up are utter bollarks

6 hours ago, hippo said:

I think if Grealish went public and said he would now consider playing for EIRE - and thus never play for England that would really turn up the heat on Southgate.

I remember Bruce Rioch turned down scotland - but after many England snubs accepted there offer.

I don't think that would go down well with the Republic fans. When he chose England instead of them it was NOT a popular decision, to say the least. I feel he might be told to do one!!

Edited by Niall

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I know they're not the same. What I'm saying is Grealish is of a high enough quality compared to some of the players to be given a go. So it doesn't make sense to me that Grealish's exclusion is purely because he doesn't fit into a system

Jackie is the system, they should build the bloody team around him, Makes no sense absolute shocking decision

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

I agree - if Manu meet the asking price I think he will go - all this doesn't change that.

You watch the pressure the press would heap onto Southgate then, even if just stats are no different to when with us. 

I'd read an article a while back that basically just explained that Southgate is a huge endorser of the England set up from youth to the full team, and believes players should go through every level of the youth team and progress naturally into the main squad alongside others. Apparently he's got a real problem with Grealish deciding to go through the Irish youth system instead of the English one

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think Ireland would shift heaven and earth to try though

If only there was a man who could somehow swing this for the FAI. A man who could run anything, a man who dare I say posseses all the skill savvy and knowhow. A hero in their hour of need.........

image.jpeg.92909c810417169d8f6465928b3f8adc.jpeg

F**k no. Not him!!

Just now, sidcow said:

You watch the pressure the press would heap onto Southgate then, even if just stats are no different to when with us. 

His stats could be on par with Winks and have 0 goals or assists or even sit on the bench most of the season, he will get called up just cause he’s at United. 

Jack has liked a SkyBet Post questioning why he isn’t in the squad

Jack Grealish has liked a tweet questioning why he wasn't included in the latest England squad.

The Aston Villa skipper is still waiting for his first call-up from Gareth Southgate after he was not selected in the 24-man squad for next month's UEFA Nations League games against Iceland and Denmark.

Grealish kept Villa in the Premier League, scoring an eighth goal of the season on the final day against West Ham, but has been overlooked once again.

Instead, there's a call-up for Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips. The 24-year-old played a key role in Marcelo Bielsa's side's Championship-winning season but the fact he hasn't played in the Premier League yet appeared to frustrate Grealish going off his Twitter activity.

spacer.png

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-jack-grealish-likes-tweet-after-being-overlooked-in-england-squad-20200825

Edited by Genie

As an Englishman with no links to Ireland, I would find it hilarious if Grealish switched to Ireland, who then draw England in Euro 2021, played an absolute blinder and scored the winner to knock England out and get Tw@tface the sack.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'd read an article a while back that basically just explained that Southgate is a huge endorser of the England set up from youth to the full team, and believes players should go through every level of the youth team and progress naturally into the main squad alongside others. Apparently he's got a real problem with Grealish deciding to go through the Irish youth system instead of the English one

Ahm....... Declan RIce? The lad who posted 'up the ra' on twitter albeit as a 15 year old is there.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Maybe he should have the balls to come out and say so....instead of denying the national team a top player....through dogma.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deeps said:

His stats could be on par with Winks and have 0 goals or assists or even sit on the bench most of the season

So literally Harry Winks' 2019/20 season?

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

Just now, Okonokos said:

As an Englishman with no links to Ireland, I would find it hilarious if Grealish switched to Ireland, who then draw England in Euro 2021, played an absolute blinder and scored the winner to knock England out and get Tw@tface the sack.

As an Irishman I would find it hilarious if we somehow managed to qualify for Euro 2021.

But I like the look of your scenario also.

• Haha 1

Â