The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, useless said:

I agree he should have been called up this time and am pretty staggered that he hasn't been, just saying that he was getting a lot of criticism on here and elsewhere for his form when football returned.

Not the first time Southgate has done this. And whilst Grealish didn't start the best post lockdown, The last 4 games he was back to his best.

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Beyond a joke now. I don’t give a shit about a England - my concern is that by continuing to ignore Grealish it may convince Grealish to move to a big club to get into the squad 

Think that’s a lot of our concern mate.

Just now, SeanVilla said:

Southgate's agenda mate. Gutted it'll be ages before Villa fans get to make their voices known. Southgate not welcome at Villa Park 🤬

To be fair i've just seen the squad, and if i'm honest, it's hard for me to see who could realistically be dropped from the Forwards or midfielders for Jack.

Aside from maybe Foden?

I don't know enough about Ward - Prowse or Rice to pass judgement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Yeah l did and he was spot on in telling them Villa have provided English players from downing etc and even referenced Mings being in the squad as a reason he doesn’t need to leave Villa when they tried to make out he did need to perhaps leave. 

Utterly bizarre to even suggest that. 15-20 years ago no other club had provided as many England internationals as us. We might have been crap the last 10 years,  but we're probably still quite high on that list. 

You can probably say a lot about this club, but the notion you need to move on to be an England international, that's one thing that simply is load of fecking shite.  

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Can remember before the Arsenal game a lot of people on here were saying that Grealish had been very poor since lockdown, some even going so far as to say that he didn't care and that his mind was already on a move in the summer.

Last 2 games he was great - proved he can boss games, amd score goals in the prem.

Then again 2 of our finest players in Brian Little & Dennis Mortimer got 45 minutes england game time between them 

Im not exaggerating I reckon he would have close on 20 caps if he played for Liverpool. Why ever Grealish isn't being picked,one thing is for sure - it isn't a decision based on ability.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair i've just seen the squad, and if i'm honest, it's hard for me to see who could realistically be dropped from the Forwards or midfielders for Jack.

Aside from maybe Foden?

Southgate in the past has acknowledged that Jack could be picked as both a winger and an AMF. 

Now, fair enough as a winger he's going up against Sterling, Hudson-Odoi, Sancho etc. so you could make an argument as to how he hasn't been picked (especially given the preferred system that Southgate employs being two quick wingers and one upfront). 

However, to say that he wouldn't be getting ahead of James Ward-Prowse, Mason Mount and fking HARRY I'VE DONE EXACTLY NOTHING THIS SEASON WINKS is totally comical. The guys a clown and I hope he gets himself sacked before the Euro's... 

• Like 2

Don’t think he will want to leave, just don’t think he’ll want to play for Southgate, who could blame him. If a player does what he did this season in a relegation threatened team, you’d have to think what could he do in the England team, but nope, Southgate is a tw*t. 

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aside from maybe Foden?

That midfield has got Rice, ward prowse, winks, and somehow Phillips (must have missed all his premier league debut) all of which are defensive midfielders and two more attacking midfielders. Says it all about Southgate what a joker. If I was jack I’d go and play for Ireland 

• Like 1

Â