The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I didnt mean to upset anyone lol.

But that was 3 years ago and 1 game. 

As i said, rate him but not at £40mil imo. 

You don't sell your best players for what other people think they're worth.  You over value you them to put people off.  It's like saying, Kane is not worth more than £60m, how dare Spurs not accept a bid of that amount for him.

Obviously with latest developments we won't get to keep him anymore and people know how desperate we are for the money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

The accounts and the championships FFP rules aren't MY facts.

But using them to excuse the sale of a key player is your choice. Yet you tell others they don't know and are just speculating..

37 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

You don't sell your best players for what other people think they're worth.  You over value you them to put people off.  It's like saying, Kane is not worth more than £60m, how dare Spurs not accept a bid of that amount for him.

Obviously with latest developments we won't get to keep him anymore and people know how desperate we are for the money.

See your point, you're right, just found £40mil eye watering, but as you say, over value. 

I'd rate him at £25m in a normal window, especially as James Maddison is rated at £20m and he's done less than Grealish.

However, my concern is how our sudden desperation for cashflow may impact our asking prices for our better players. ?

6 minutes ago, Cjay said:

See your point, you're right, just found £40mil eye watering, but as you say, over value. 

We got 20 million for Ashley Young, and that was back then.

Delph is playing for a title winning side.

Benteke went for 30 million.

Grealish is only 22 and he could surpass them all in skill.

I rate him higher than most, I really think he could be David Silva level if he keeps working hard.

I can promise you, the potential is huge for this kid, and I have to wonder how often you have seen him play?

Coutinho was raw playing at Inter at the age Jack is now, he had some obvious skill and talent but didn't impose himself on games like he does now.

He went to Liverpool for 8.5million but look at what he's worth a few years later, 100 million.

40million for Jack isn't ridiculous, I wouldn't want that money in exchange. Even though we will never see anything near it until he has proven his worth to the world.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'd rate him at £25m in a normal window, especially as James Maddison is rated at £20m and he's done less than Grealish.

Maddison had a far better season than Grealish. Also I think most non villa fans would say he’s a much better option for 20m than Grealish for 30+ let’s be honest. 

It’s typical Villa, we finally have someone come through our ranks who has the potential to be world class and he comes through when the club is so low. Imagine if he had been 8-10 years older and come though when young and Milner were hitting form here? He could’ve got us that top 4 place. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, fifamad said:

Maddison had a far better season than Grealish. Also I think most non villa fans would say he’s a much better option for 20m than Grealish for 30+ let’s be honest. 

Good, we really should be encouraging them to think that.

Edited by Wainy316

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

We got 20 million for Ashley Young, and that was back then.

Delph is playing for a title winning side.

After about 2 months of playing for Man Utd I started hearing commentators telling me 'how much he'd come on' since Young had been there.

I remembered how annoying it is when I was listening to some numbnuts on the radio today going on about how much Delph has 'come on as a player' since he joined Man City.

Do I not like that.

What it transpires they mean is, I never really noticed how good a player they were till they played for 'X'.

Anyway back on topic, I'm sure it will annoy me with Jack too. Unless he sits tight and refuses to go anywhere, which seems to be our only hope right now, placed somewhere between slim and none on the chance-o-meter.

And also Kenneth Williams/Frankie Howard field day right there people.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Anyway back on topic, I'm sure it will annoy me with Jack too. Unless he sits tight and refuses to go anywhere, which seems to be our only hope right now, placed somewhere between slim and none on the chance-o-meter.

He shouldn't stay here - that's what I'd tell him if I was advising him, despite of my love for the club and his.

Since he signed professional papers with Aston Villa he's had 7 different managers and coaching staff, 2 owners, 1 relegation and the club has lurched from disaster to disaster. 

He might already have been at level of Deli Ali (i.e. England & C.L. regular)  if he had been at a stable club like Spurs or City. I take no pleasure in saying any of that but he's a professional and the best move for his career would find the best opportunity to advance his fantastic skills.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s typical Villa, we finally have someone come through our ranks who has the potential to be world class and he comes through when the club is so low. Imagine if he had been 8-10 years older and come though when young and Milner were hitting form here? He could’ve got us that top 4 place. 

He wouldn't have been given a chance and would have been sold to Bolton..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cjay said:

Don't forget, we judge the value of Grealish in a comparison to our other players sold in the past.

We've had players like Hendrie, Vassell, Luke Moore, Gabby, Milner, Ashley Young, Stuart Downing etc etc - Grealish is better than all of them (imo).  He'll win titles and European Cups if he chooses the right move - as much as that pains me to say. 

He's an absolutely brilliant player, and has been the star of our team for 18 months now, admittedly in the Championship.  You put him in a good side, he'd be phenomenal. 

As I said, all my opinion, but I believe he's the best player we've had in years.  He's so naturally gifted.  He can pass, dribble, he's learning how and when to shoot with maximum effect, he has game intelligence, he can now run with the ball effectively (he used to stifle our play a little by keeping it too long) - he's becoming a very effective number 10.

I've been saying for a while now that his style is like Totti.  Maybe he doesn't quite have that vision yet, but he's 22 and he's only going to get better. 

I just hope his career doesn't go the way of some our other young players leaving like Benteke (who should be playing CL now, and would be if he hadn't signed for Liverpool) and wastes his potential. 

After this season, it looks like he'll have to further his career elsewhere - but he's going to be absolutely brilliant.  One season in the Prem and he'll get a call up and he'll soon be running the England show. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Honestly, does no one else still think we should keep him at all costs?

If the team has to be dismantled I would rather sell everyone else and build the new young team around him.

Even if it means he becomes captain or senior. (This does not mean I think he should be captain)

I mean I think we should try our best to keep at least ONE shining element ffs.

I would be tempted to, yes. 

The fact that we are apparently suffering from financial difficulties shouldn't actually impact his value too much IMO. He's a quality player and a lot of clubs are sure to be interested and are willing to pay for talent. 

• Like 1

Â