The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think the board recognize the value Jack brings to both our promotion chances and the engagement from the fans. I can't see the board working so hard to get the fans onside, to them kick them in the teeth by selling the poster boy after failing to be promoted.

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People keep saying how crap we are without Jack and how we're a one man team.

It's worth noting that he didn't play until November this season. And we were 5th in the league when he came back into the team.

So whilst I agree that Jack is probably our best player, and we'd be worse off without him, we were hardly dreadful without him in the team.

Very good reminder imo.

but i love him too.....I still think Jack could be even better, playing further up the pitch....but we have to have the players doing their jobs to allow him that freedom.

• Like 2

Mahrez to City for c.£70odd million

Grealish to Leicester for as much of that fee as we can get away with plus a massive % sell on for when he soons a proper club a year or two later.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I think the board recognize the value Jack brings to both our promotion chances and the engagement from the fans. I can't see the board working so hard to get the fans onside, to them kick them in the teeth by selling the poster boy after failing to be promoted.

They may not have much choice , we have to work within ffp limits .

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

Mahrez to City for c.£70odd million

Grealish to Leicester for as much of that fee as we can get away with plus a massive % sell on for when he soons a proper club a year or two later.

As sad as it sounds, Leicester must be a much bigger pull, top 10 premier league side and some good players, he'd link up extremely well with Vardy for instance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

From Xias statement I think we can say goodbye to jack - we need the cash sadly to go towards the losses 

That’s a big conclusion to jump to from a limited statement.

I think we’ll build the team with the youth around Jack!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

That’s a big conclusion to jump to from a limited statement.

I think we’ll build the team with the youth around Jack!

Limited statement ? It was far more detailed than most expected - we are in the shit and need money - Grealish is the biggest saleable asset - sadly he will be gone 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

i dont think his statement says much of anything, its wishy washy

Obviously he’s not going to go into great detail of our plight as others would be well aware they can knock us down to the bare bones  in buying players - things are grim - the finances are not good - it will be a long haul from here and I expect to see a few of the younger lads step up next season - the next managerial appointment is crucial . 

The only player I really care about staying.  Adomah, Kodj, Chester can leave if it means we can keep Jack here for another season.  The only one on Saturday that truly gave his all and can perhaps get us out of this league/mess.  

• Like 2

Let's face it, pretty much any Premier League manager that isn't interested in signing him is an idiot, bar perhaps the top 2.  Here's a gifted English player that is ready for the step up and due to our situation won't cost the ridiculous fees going about.  

• Like 3

Sadly I think he’s as good as gone. 

His fee alone could potentially wipe out 3/4 of what we need to achieve to stay within FFP. 

That unfortunately is what we’re about now as a club. Staying financially viable and hope we can pull together a team with a blend of freebies and youth making the grade. 

Â