The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 minutes ago, poitier said:

If having a slow and ponderous playmaker is a positive because it allows the rest of the team to amble forward, it is just another indication of how wrong the team is set up.

I agree to a point with what you are saying, but I don't think it is really a solution to the problem.

I'm still unconvinced by Grealish, but I'm not writing him off yet.

did you not see how he dribbled the defender to the byline- the defender nearly fell over- then Jack effortlessly chipped the ball to the far post where we had a penalty shout. Who else do we have on the team who can do that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

did you not see how he dribbled the defender to the byline- the defender nearly fell over- then Jack effortlessly chipped the ball to the far post where we had a penalty shout. Who else do we have on the team who can do that?

Sure i saw that. You are pointing to him making a cross that didn't even result in a chance, and saying who else could do that?

But anyway, that isn't really relevant to the point I was making.

He has come back from injury.....a more mature player.

just needs to add a bit of end product.....but has to start.

hope it continues.

he entertains me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

May let's drop him and get Whelan back in.....

Then only player we have who doesn't treat the ball as bomb about to explode

I’ve never heard that before in all my years of being involved in football and I love it!

I’m stealing and using it with my team when they play tomorrow and inevitably hoof one up the line!! (Disclaimer. I do love a good direct ball. One that turns em, A-pass I call it :D)

1 minute ago, TRO said:

hope it continues.

Yep. Noticed his willingness to challenge 50/50s and winning a few headers.

• Like 1

He was OK. Very much the best of a bad bunch both today and in the past two games. All our 'best' stuff flows through him, he always wants the ball and he is putting himself about, however I'm not seeing enough quality from him and that aspect he needs to step up. That said, it's always going to be hard for a player like this to excel under Bruce-Ball.

9 hours ago, Danishlad said:

Actually. Adomah did that in this match, only it resulted is a goal.  

10 hours ago, TRO said:

hope it continues.

he entertains me.

Agree with this very much, other than him having to start.

He has been better, and more influencial in games, than I expected. Hopefully he continues this way and improves even more. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

But he still played him for nearly an hour

Fatigue sets in at the end of the game and that's when you are more likely to tear something. You can pull one early on if you haven't warmed correctly or more of a sprinter, but Jack certainly isn't one of those.

Ideally, he would have probably wanted to play him for 30 or so, but that's only if needs must, sadly they did.

43 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Fatigue sets in at the end of the game and that's when you are more likely to tear something. You can pull one early on if you haven't warmed correctly or more of a sprinter, but Jack certainly isn't one of those.

Ideally, he would have probably wanted to play him for 30 or so, but that's only if needs must, sadly they did.

I used to have that problem in night clubs in my youth:D

• Haha 3

Â