The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Erm, didn't he sign one last summer? I wonder why the rush in this one

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Apparently it was 2014. 

I'm not sure if Grealish had 9 months or 21 months left on his contract. Even if it was 21 months as I suspect, the club has been criticised previously for losing players on the cheap as their contracts ticked down. Hopefully Grealish's new contract will be incentive based and he earns well through our success.

On 04/09/2016 at 19:25, Villan_of_oz said:

This is just the point.... if the club knew what they were going to do (or more importantly not do i.e have a crack in the transfer market of January) they may has of well of put Eric Black in charge when they sacked Timmy. 

Or indeed just have kept Timmy. I actually am not convinced Garde could have done a job anyway but for certain no one on earth could have made a difference without some kind of change of personnel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Don't worry,  there's a match comming up on Sunday. That should sort it out for you a treat. 

Stop getting your emotional safety net in early.....suffer like the rest of us, when expectation eclipses mount Everest, like now.

:)

On 6/9/2016 at 21:42, bobzy said:

No, it's a ridiculous myth. It's a worse league than the Premier League in every sense - including "physicality"; especially since the better, stronger athletes are in the league above. 

I think the physicality of this league is that you do seem to play a good few 3 games a week. that can take its toll after a while

• Like 2

I think it's good to get one signed now, otherwise we're in the same old position of letting contracts run down to one year or 6 months, and then the player has so much clout as they're about to leave for free that we always used to end up backed in to a corner. 

If he goes down hill from here, watch everyone talk about how stupid it was to sanction this deal in a couple years, forgetting(conveniently) why he got it in the first place, similarly to other "player"s currently on the books. :P

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If he goes down hill from here, watch everyone talk about how stupid it was to sanction this deal in he couple years, forgetting(conveniently) why he got it in the first place, similarly to other "player"s currently on the books. :P

I agree.  I like Grealish as a player but he still has some work to do to prove himself for the first XI.  Yes he is a first team player but he needs to earn that long term.  I agree with an earlier post in that I hope it's incentive based rather than the fat guaranteed long contract like Gabby has got and now doesnt earn it.

I'm really pleased with this. He seems to have put his head down and focused on his game. I still think he is a long way off becoming a good PL quality player, but the talent there. Hopefully he will continue to flourish this season and make a positive impact on the pitch. The boy is the best thing to come out of our academy since Gabby (but lets hope the similarities end there!) and he will be an asset to this team for the foreseeable future. If he continues to develop and improve his game over the next 2/3 years, but we fail to get promoted, then you will be sure that he will collect a good fee for us.

On 8/9/2016 at 12:02, handsworthvilla said:

Great news, Jack has agreed a new contract extension today. Contracts have just been submitted to the FA. Takes him up to £18k. 

Expect official news shortly

I did mention this one a month ago ....

I'm not really sure how it works in football clubs, there must be loads to sort out behind the scenes, because the actual contract was agreed/sent over a month ago ...

Anyway, good to see him sign on, hope his form continues when I'm at VP on Sunday

• Like 2

4 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

I did mention this one a month ago ....

I'm not really sure how it works in football clubs, there must be loads to sort out behind the scenes, because the actual contract was agreed/sent over a month ago ...

Anyway, good to see him sign on, hope his form continues when I'm at VP on Sunday

I'd say the club waited to annouce it until after the window closed even though it was already agreed and signed. Might be good PR after the international break and keep the "feel good" factor around the club.

Â