The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, KHV said:

Delle Alli, John Stones, Raheem Sterling,Hector Bellerin,Emre Can, Luke Shaw are all examples of U-21 players who play well. Jack is just lazy and cant be bothered

not one of them play in a club that has no structure though, I bet any of them played at Villa they wouldnt be near as successful

1 hour ago, NIVillan said:

One of The things that differs from Grealish to those above is work Ethic.

Not making excuses for the boy because I agree that work ethic or certainly general attitude requires work, but another very significant difference is the quality of the side they all came in to, and how sorted the squad was at the time.  Grealish was almost brought in as THE saviour at times last season (alongside Tekkers) and early in this campaign.  A ridiculous amount of pressure that none of the aforementioned were subjected to at that stage without the considerable help of senior players.  After his FA Cup Semi final performance most were pretty sure he had arrived for good.  Didn't work out that way.  Who does Jack look up to for help?  Gabby? N'Zogbia?  Blimey!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I heard he played 29 games and got 1 goal and 1 assist, can anyone confirm this?

I would, but it involves a complex calculation that includes the length of Rory Delaps' throw multiplied by the possibility of loaning Januzaj and some other ManUre player in the same season.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bobzy said:

I actually think it's the other way round - people are generally more lenient because he's a local lad.

Compare this thread, relatively, to... maybe the Carles Gil one.  He's also a young player (just under 3 years older than Grealish) who has been uprooted from his native country to try and make it in the Premier League.  Having checked, a recent comment from yourself on that thread is "Gil is overrated, lightweight and brainless".

Young player, not local hero though.  Not afforded the same grace.

This exactly.

Gil would be my example: looks good in isolated moments, makes a great YT montage, but little end product or team contribution, all the flash needs to lead to something - a goal, an assist, an up turn in tempo or steering the game in our direction. This is the difference between the lower leagues and PL, you can't afford passengers in the PL because you're a man down, midfielders needs to be workers, we can't afford these kind of performances it's killing us. Jack needs to perform 100%, every match to earn his chance, and what he does has to count, floating around, indulging himself won't do it, he needs a money moment every time he gets a chance or Remi can't risk him.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

On 21 January 2016 at 13:07, useless said:

Moore hardly scored goals and has had a pretty poor record in that regard throughout his career so far, I'm not sure about assists but I imagine it's pretty similar. Grealish plays in a different position and came into a struggling team struggling in the final third of the pitch, as I say those stats (29 games etc) don't tell the whole story. Plus I'm not sure what Grealish's hair or socks have to do with anything.

You're missing the point entirely. The conversation was around potential -Moore had loads but it didn't pan out. Some suspect Grealish will go the same way.

He needs to stand out with his contribution not with some half-arsed, half-mast sock gimmick

Jack your speed in jumping to defend yourself makes me suspicious.. 

He posted that at 12:06am trying to deflect whatever the news is. To be honest if something was fake and nothing but old fashioned bait to sell papers I wouldn't concern myself with it and just go to bed.

Nothing story anyway.

Jack Grealish felt Aston Villa boss Remi Garde's fury in FA Cup win over Wycombe

Jack Grealish was subjected to a brutal verbal blast from Remi Garde during and after Aston Villa ’s midweek FA Cup victory, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People.

The playmaker found himself under attack as the Premier League’s basement club struggled to beat League Two minnows Wycombe Wanderers 2-0 at Villa Park.

Grealish , 20, was singled out during the interval for his poor performance by Villa manager Garde – as the player’s startled team-mates simply looked on.

A source close to the player said: “Jack’s been out with bronchitis for a few weeks now and has been feeling his way back into it.

“He didn’t play well in the first half against Wycombe. But he wasn’t on his own – and he didn’t feel being singled out by the manager was fair. He has been made the scapegoat. But he wasn’t the only one who did not perform.”

Frenchman Garde used his post-match press conference to announce that he ‘hadn’t seen what he wanted’ from the starlet.

But that followed a fiercer broadside inside the four walls of the home dressing-room.

Grealish has already struggled to nail down a regular spot in the starting XI under Garde, with his form nose-diving since the end of last season.

Rumours are also growing that billionaire owner Randy Lerner may be lining up his own son for a more active role at the club.

Stories are gathering pace that 18-year-old Max could be parachuted in at an executive level, possibly as ‘eyes and ears’ for US-based Lerner, who is still committed to selling Villa – but only when it is “stable” says chairman Steve Hollis.

And that would seem to rule out a cut-price relegation sell-off.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jack-grealish-felt-aston-villa-7235677

52 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Jack your speed in jumping to defend yourself makes me suspicious.. 

He posted that at 12:06am trying to deflect whatever the news is. To be honest if something was fake and nothing but old fashioned bait to sell papers I wouldn't concern myself with it and just go to bed.

Well the club re tweeted it so.......................

51 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

Well at least it's not another 'story' about him being a naughty boy. Even if it was true, so what??? I imagine this goes on in every dressing room around the country at 3.45pm on a Saturday! Surprised Jack felt the need to comment on it tbh.

This is why I think he should be loaned to a Championship club. As you say, this is something that happens to tons of players every week, including at higher-profile clubs than Villa. Do we imagine that Demichelis and Otamendi weren't criticised in strong terms for their efforts yesterday? So why Jack? Because the media's desire to turn him into the next Ravel Morrison is palpable. However, spending the next eighteen months in the Championship ought to be an effective cure for their interest. Then they can turn their efforts to ruining Dele Alli's career instead. 

Â