The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

37 minutes ago, BOF said:

Again I think you've hit the nail on head with that assessment DC.  The only bit I wouldn't be completely sold on is sending him on loan.  He has done that already and I think if he is to become acclimatised to being a top Premier League player then he needs to be here learning how to become one.  I don't think there's much to learn at the lower levels.

Although I've just had the horrible thought that loaning him out next season could be loaning him UP to the Premier League in order to become that Premier League player :(

I think there are pros and cons. If he starts to perform better, get more minutes and finish the season well with us then great. But I have a feeling we will be seeing little of him for the rest of the year. If that's case, I'd just get him away and playing regular games at a lower level to get the confidence, belief and enjoyment back up before the summer. 

• Like 1

Has bags of potential we all know that ,but his conduct on a number of occasions off the field hasn't been what it needs to be ,he is young etc but that doesn't excuse him plenty of young players at other clubs are making headlines for the right reasons ,reading between the lines his attitude in training hasn't been good either unless he changes his habits he won't make it talent only takes you so far.

• Like 1

Have to agree with you DC and think some of the comments on here a little disappointing. Yes he has been poor this season and may not have started the season in the right frame of mind after summer antics etc but how can we say - his attitude sticks/abysmal, he's cocky, he's this and that?  How do any of us know what he's like day in day out? For all we know he could be doing charity work on his afternoons off! Bit extreme I know but how do any of us know what he's really like. What you can see for sure is a 20 year old with little confidence to even do the basics right at present and think he should be supported because of this. I remember Tony Cascarino missing a golden chance in front of the holte and getting booed, him looking up at us all in disbelief, then almost out of guilt the crowd chanting his name - what I am trying to say is boing wont help a player whose confidence is shot to bits!  Chanting his name may just help though!! Get his mindset right and back on track cos boy think we will need him next year.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Not sure how or why people can defend his attitude.  His ability is there, and yes, its tough being 20 playing in a lousy team, but if any other player showed the lack of intelligence and drive (and they certainly have) that he has this season their attitude, and much more, would certainly be, (and often is) slated.

Compared to them I think he is actually getting quite an easy ride from the fans.  Westwood, for example, simply does not possess magical abilities or game changing skills, Jack does, in my view, yet Westwoods critics are persistent and vocal, whereas really this is the first time anyone has complained about Grealish. For myself Ive never booed or jeered one of our own players but surely with such a gifted guy barely featuring in our season there is a legitimate reason for people to question his application ?

And despite nobody having said so, it really doesn't take a mastermind to figure out that is why Garde isn't playing him.

Bad attitude doesn't mean his private life, or whether he thinks he is Gods gift, it is about showing the determination to fulfill your potential and, in particular, do what your Manager wants. Garde specifically said this was not the case.

I hope HE doesn't think everything about his approach to the game is spot on, as that would really be a waste.

villa4europe makes a good point in that Jack's mindset has to be right but also you'd hope people at the club and indeed family are working with/supporting him.  I don't believe agents do as in most cases they are surely interested in moves and improved contracts.  I for one am not defending his actions and recent attitude but am stating that if we continue to boo and knock him, it may eventually drive him away from the club which we could then regret! 

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's got so much more potential than Luke Moore though, time will obviously tell but if he does leave us it could prove to be a Cahill size **** up

Need our coaches to really get hold of this kid

Has he?

At Jack's age Luke Moore was scoring a PL hat trick. He got billy big bollocks syndrome too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaCas said:

29 games 1 goal 1 assist

Minimal contribution attacking-wise, No contribution defensively and a bad attitude

It will take a massive change in attitude for him to realise this "huge potential" he supposedly has

Plenty of examples of youngsters who have shone for a handful of games and then disappeared.  Grealish will be the next of them if he doesnt sort his act out

Guess those stats dont include corners

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

He's got so much more potential than Luke Moore though, time will obviously tell but if he does leave us it could prove to be a Cahill size **** up

Need our coaches to really get hold of this kid

You might be forgetting exactly how good Moore looked as a teenager. If anything even more promise than Grealish

Jack is only 20 and people are easy to forget that, he is just a kid and its sad all the pressure people are putting on him. I said it before but if he didnt come from Birmingham or the Villa academy he would be let away with things because of his age

11 hours ago, useless said:

Moore had no where as near as much potential as Grealish. I'm still expecting him (Grealish) to have a very successful career.

Yeah he did but you're now looking back through a lens of an unfulfilled career.  At the time Moore was bracketed with Rooney as the next big thing

• Like 1

Sending Grealish out on loan is a no-no for me.

He needs to be here around our coaches and around our manager. If Garde and our coaches can nurture him and keep him focused then young Jack will come good. If he's out on loan then we're trusting others to do that.

Jack needs to stay here and a firm hand needs to be permanently hoovering behind his backside ready to smack it if he deviates from the righteous path.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VillaCas said:

Does he score goals - no

Does he make goals - no

Does he help the team defend - no

29 games 1 goal 1 assist

please tell me what contribution he is making that I'm missing

overhyped show pony

He is 20. Sell him and he will do an Albrighton.

He is young and naive. That is all. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure about you but I like to watch matches. You look at your stats screen if you want. 

20 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I agree with this. I like to think that I know a good footballer when I see one, I don't need stats to tell me.

Except we're not talking about "interceptions made", "touches in the opponents half" or "successful dribbles", we're talking about the only "stats" that matter - goals!  29 games, 1 goal, 1 assist 

He is not making a contribution going forward and is certainly not making a contribution defensively.

A "good footballer" either stops goals, scores goals or makes goals. So far Grealish has done none of these. All we have so far is an equal mix of potential and attitude

Â