The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, mwj said:

Trying to engineer a summer move and it's only March. What a guy, one of us...

What's he done?

Yeh, I bet his agent had nothing to do with it.

There's a few too many stories coming out this week... Micah for 5m, Steve Bruce, Remi for France, Jack transfer.. Everyone's starting to cover their bases for next year imo

33 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Was he ever in favour? Very worrying that he can't even get into our awful awful side.

To be fair he's injured, although Garde decided to make an example of him - which was probably deserved but really didn't help anyone or the club

Although this has been a sorry season for Jack if we were to sell him for as little as £5m I feel we would be likely to regret it. The vultures will be around us at the end of the season and if players/agents want to do a deal elsewhere then we need to get the right money for them or at the very least get the insurance of a decent sell on clause so we are not taken for mugs. I would hope that Jack can see that he can still progress with us if he is prepared to work at it and that he would want to do his bit to get us back up before he considers other options such as leaving a sinking ship at the first opportunity to do so.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mwj said:

Yeh, I bet his agent had nothing to do with it.

There's a few too many stories coming out this week... Micah for 5m, Steve Bruce, Remi for France, Jack transfer.. Everyone's starting to cover their bases for next year imo

So absolutely no evidence whatsoever for your claim. Load of spiteful bile.

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

To be fair he's injured, although Garde decided to make an example of him - which was probably deserved but really didn't help anyone or the club

Garde maybe should have made a better example instead of a young kid, could think of 4 or 5 players who he could have chosen

If i was him i would want out. The club is poisen to the career of almost every employee. Reputations are being tattered for right and wrong and I bet he thinks he is in the wrong camp. An escape to west ham as they move into their new stadium must look like a God send. with no clear leadership in the club things still look like they will continue to deteriorate. I can blame him for pissing away a year of his career, but not for wanting to go. We are not really even a good place for a young player to grow anymore, we are where careers go to die. The elephants graveyard of football.

27 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Another example of Villa's woeful failure to bring talent through successfully from the youth squad.

Wouldn't blame him for looking elsewhere to try to build a decent career.

Poor old Jack - what nonsense

Only got himself to blame

Crap couldn't-care-less performances, poor attitude and a string of unprofessional incidents.

F*ck off to Wet Spam

A large number of the U21s will go this summer as they haven't got what it takes to make it. but each and every one of them has got 100% better attitude than Grealish.

Wasting his talent

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rubberman said:

We've got a really long summer of this sort of rumour.  It's going to be painful.

Agreed, we will see a lot of these rumours over the next few months. Most of the players I wouldn't be sad to see the back of, I would be a little sad to see Grealish go. He needs to get his head down, and have a proper pre-season, work hard, be professional and he can still be a success here and help us come back up next season with some better players around him.

It was going to be a tough second season for Jack, and there was too much expectation placed on him by both the club and fans to be our creative spark this season. He has not handled himself well at all, and has attracted some unwanted newspaper articles along the way, which has heaped more pressure on him by turning some of the fans against him. Losing Jack now for relative peanuts would be another dagger to the back for our acadamy, and our ability to integrate the youngsters succesfully into our first team.

• Like 1

Â