The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

This guy is so smart he's like the bizarre genius at school who gets disruptive and moody if undernourished.  They always say 'feed the beast', but it's now more appropriate to give the feeder beasts to feed.  Grealish needs players around him, making runs, finding space, screwing with opponents so his diabolical spider webs of footballing manipulation can further entangle and enrage the opposition.  Basically, he needs henchmen.  Yeah, he's progressed that fast.  Maybe a top hat and evil laugh.  He's halfway there on the latter count.  And if Rudy wants to feed on the woozy, broken corpses on the field afterwards who are we to stop him?

Oh boy, if all the ultra-exciting players we have at the club don't at some time click, the word 'click' in the dictionary will suddenly seem oddly sad and lonely.

• Like 1

I think we should offer him a new 5-6 year deal NOW. We know he has huge potential and we should protect our investment even if we have to end up paying him more.

If we're honest he's one of our most important players already, he should be paid as such. Amavi is on a 5 year deal, for example.

• Like 1

Big test for him tomorrow after the way he played against Liverpool at Wembley, i suspect they'll try and mark him out the game.

great. creates space elsewhere for Gil then

Would be surprised if Gil starts, you need 3 centrally v Liverpool, that worked for us at Wembley. 

• Like 1

People talked about Benteke being our best player in recent memory and that we'd never see his like again for a long time to come. But in Grealish I think we've already got a contender, put it this way I wouldn't swap Grealish for Benteke.

People talked about Benteke being our best player in recent memory and that we'd never see his like again for a long time to come. But in Grealish I think we've already got a contender, put it this way I wouldn't swap Grealish for Benteke.

I rate Grealish but I'd swap him for Benteke in a heartbeat. Maybe in a couple of years time I'd say differently.

• Like 3

Looked tired today. I hope Sherwood is taking into account he is still young and shouldn't be playing every game every week. We had Gil or Ayew who could have played today an give Grealish a rest. Seemed a little desperate today. Grealish. Gana, Traore and Sinclair looked off the pace, the latter three certainly didn't seem fit.

Â