The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Interesting to see him actually say he wants to come back and I believe he does.  Well maybe until whatever transpires tomorrow anyway.

Also interesting to see him being invited to the Spam game to sit with Purslow.  Puts to bed some of those claims that he'd never be welcome back with the current setup.

There certainly seemed to be a vibe in Purslow's video that Grealish hadn't left on brilliant terms, but he's nothing if not a businessman. If Grealish would come back and we assessed his value to Villa as higher than the amount we'd have to pay for him, we'd take him back, simple as that, IMO.

We're not going to take back a charity case at the end of his career if he wants too much money, anymore than we'd cut out nose off to spite our face and snub a good player for a fair price, it'll be a cold, hard financial decision.

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Interesting to see him actually say he wants to come back and I believe he does.  Well maybe until whatever transpires tomorrow anyway.

Also interesting to see him being invited to the Spam game to sit with Purslow.  Puts to bed some of those claims that he'd never be welcome back with the current setup.

Ive seen this West Ham story but seems to be pushed from his side. Nothing from media close to Villa

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

This Nothing....a total 'puff-piece' and average work of journalism at best.

Great timing of course, set-up just prior to a game where Greal-hiss tries to slither out of his decisions and deflect some noise.

Maybe i'll calm down in years to come and accept him back but at the moment he's a rival player and not a Villa player any more!

• Like 2

Won't boo him, but I hope he never comes back to play for us. As others have said previously, we all bought into the dream of "villa fans in it together", that was the line we were fed. That has since fallen apart - Jack is gone, Dean is gone - and we are in a new phase. I'd hope that by the time he fancies coming back for one last payday at 33/34 with battered legs, we're well passed seeing any use for him. 

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Cowardly of him to convinietly pick up an "injury" a couple of weeks before the Villa game. 

Injuries happen, players don't want to get them. He might deep down think that this came at a good point since he still likes Aston Villa, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with cowardice. If he wasn't injuried he would want to play.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

For the sake of English football, I hope Jack can stay fit and continue his arc of development, etc, but he has shown little in the way of the maturity needed to be a true pro into his 30s. Unless something drastic changes, the guy will be a crock by the time he's 30. 

Kinda what I reckon. Would never wish ill on him but I don’t see him maintaining any kind of quality into his 30s. Just doesn’t look after himself and being a total knob will catch up with him one way or another. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Aye I'm sure he's trembling at the thought of some fat middle aged men booing him and giving him the Vs at VP.

To go from being adored at the club he has long supported as well as his family to being on the receiving end of hostility would be very challenging. To be fair, I think it would push him on to perform even better. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

He’s only just left why speak about that now crazy

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

There certainly seemed to be a vibe in Purslow's video that Grealish hadn't left on brilliant terms, but he's nothing if not a businessman. If Grealish would come back and we assessed his value to Villa as higher than the amount we'd have to pay for him, we'd take him back, simple as that, IMO.

We're not going to take back a charity case at the end of his career if he wants too much money, anymore than we'd cut out nose off to spite our face and snub a good player for a fair price, it'll be a cold, hard financial decision.

Having your star player activating his newly signed release clause and buggering off  was never going to be a found farewell was it. 

Our entire set up was based around him and we have spent the last 4 months trying to find  a new system which has resulted in a managerial change.

The more I think about it, the more torn I am about what he did. I do understand him wanting to chase football royalty status and win things, it’s what the game is about after all. I don’t think he “owes” us anything, per se, but I do think he passed up a very unique opportunity to inspire a club, it’s fans, and become a local (if not a national) legend. Now he’s just another piece of the corporate machine that is modern football.

It still stings that he had the option to go or stay, and he chose to go. It wasn’t a move forced or encouraged by the club. He had a hard decision to make and chose to leave. That sucks.

I’ll be booing him tomorrow

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Aye I'm sure he's trembling at the thought of some fat middle aged men booing him and giving him the Vs at VP.

Now that you mention it, what even is that...the V's I mean. I always see grown ass men doing that and they look so silly.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Watched the Pep interview. Jack is back in training and could feature tomorrow but unlikely to start. Mentions how good he was at Villa and wants him to perform at that level at City. 

Pep doesn't even play him in the same position. Would think he never even saw him play 😂

Â