The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nobody will go near his wages, he’d need to take a big pay cut and hope someone offered enough to tempt City to cut their losses. 
I can’t see it for a while. 

He will likely stew in Manchester for the next few years.

Man City is the final destination. You don't see many clubs (have there been any?) buying players from them for £60m+.

I'd love to have him back, but I don't think it's gonna happen any time soon. 

People talking about Grealish being sold soon are missing the whole purpose of his transfer. He' been bought for the future, Pep constantly highlights how young he still is and how much potential he has. He's not expected to be playing every game for city, yet. The likes of Mahrez and Sterling will depart soon and Grealish will be starting week in week out with Foden. Grealish brings a huge fan base and marketing potential, on and off the field and that's key to his signing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

People talking about Grealish being sold soon are missing the whole purpose of his transfer. He' been bought for the future, Pep constantly highlights how young he still is and how much potential he has. He's not expected to be playing every game for city, yet. The likes of Mahrez and Sterling will depart soon and Grealish will be starting week in week out with Foden. Grealish brings a huge fan base and marketing potential, on and off the field and that's key to his signing. 

He is 26 years old, he really isnt that young anymore 

• Like 4

Grealish has been bought in part to groom as their Beckham imo, the pretty boy flair English man, the identity/face of the club. Citeh are currently this personality vacuum, they're a machine, the T-800 terminating things in front of them every week (...except in Europe) that nobody loves. So they'll market him as their personality, the attractive human side of things, the aspirational figure. 

They tried this with Sterling but he doesn't have the specific playboy charm or flair on the pitch in the way people en masse engage with. I would not be at all surprised to see Grealish eat his lunch with Nivea, Gillette etc style ads in the future, which Citeh will be delighted with as an asset for their own image.

• Like 1

Lot of crap being spoken in here, and writing his City career off less than a third into his first season? Come on.

They signed him because both Pep and Txiki loved his special playing style. Suggesting he was signed purely because of marketing reasons is ridiculous.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We’re 11 games into his first season, a first season where he’s had a pretty good start, and we’re talking like he’s washed up and is going to leave 😂

I thought #stevoitk would confirm Grealish back to Villa in January. Disappointed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

Grealish has been bought in part to groom as their Beckham imo, the pretty boy flair English man, the identity/face of the club. Citeh are currently this personality vacuum, they're a machine, the T-800 terminating things in front of them every week (...except in Europe) that nobody loves. So they'll market him as their personality, the attractive human side of things, the aspirational figure. 

They tried this with Sterling but he doesn't have the specific playboy charm or flair on the pitch in the way people en masse engage with. I would not be at all surprised to see Grealish eat his lunch with Nivea, Gillette etc style ads in the future, which Citeh will be delighted with as an asset for their own image.

That only works when he's smashing free kicks into the top corner on the pitch as well like Beckham was. He's not exactly getting bums off seats anymore sadly. He was bought because he's a supremely gifted footballer.

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

I was surprised to read that he's the same age as Sterling.

He seems to have been around for years. 

If Sterlings form carries on like it has the last couple of games and he signs a new deal he could really find it difficult getting back in the team any time soon.

On 26/11/2021 at 08:06, S-Platt said:

To come back to Villa he would need to sack his agency.

He don't like living up there and there is no solidarity in the dressing room like at Villa no good friends no fun.  Its just business do what you are told.

It's still early days but not looking good for him at the moment.  Maybe he is having a few regrets!

Funnily enough I heard from someone who knows someone that knocks about with someone that is mates with Jack and they said the same thing.

Apparently Jack said that he's not allowed to say too much but he isn't having the best of times and the only person that he really gets on with up there is Foden and the dressing room is very cliquey.

I didn't bother saying anything because it is a "my uncles, sisters, postmans cousins, BFF who went to school with someone that once saw Jacks Dad on a golf course" type story  

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Funnily enough I heard from someone who knows someone that knocks about with someone that is mates with Jack and they said the same thing.

Apparently Jack said that he's not allowed to say too much but he isn't having the best of times and the only person that he really gets on with up there is Foden and the dressing room is very cliquey.

I didn't bother saying anything because it is a "my uncles, sisters, postmans cousins, BFF who went to school with someone that once saw Jacks Dad on a golf course" type story  

Well I only say what I hear and that comes from someone that has no need to lie!  Also said don't believe what you read in the papers with regards to big boobs from inbetweeners.

I added the bit about agency though that is just my own opinion.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2021 at 13:10, Zatman said:

If I'm honest, I think he's been bought in large part, for commerce and image.

Also why they are stubborn in wanting Harry Kane as well IMO.

Does it have anythig to do with the homegrown requirements as well?

And yes, they are obviously, also top players, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that they couldn't have done equal, or better for other players and/or foreigners.

They want England's 2 largest names.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I honestly think he'll come back here one day. Stay at Man. City 2-3 years, win a few league titles and cups and by then hopefully we're top 6 and need that extra push to make top 4/win something and that will all set it up.

Who ever thought Ashley Young would come back and play for us in second spell so stranger things have happened in football, just depends on timing and progress.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I honestly think he'll come back here one day. Stay at Man. City 2-3 years, win a few league titles and cups and by then hopefully we're top 6 and need that extra push to make top 4/win something and that will all set it up.

Who ever thought Ashley Young would come back and play for us in second spell so stranger things have happened in football, just depends on timing and progress.

Doubt Jack will be in the same shape as Ashley Young in 4 years time, I doubt he can adjust and adapt his game to prolong his career like Ash, Young slotted straight in at Utd when he left us Jack as struggled to adapt, what’s he going to do when he’s in his early 30’s and lost a bit of pace/mobility ?  Ashley Young had no affiliation with the club he gave us years of service it never felt like a betrayal, Grealish on the other hand….

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I wouldn't want him back at 35 busted up looking for a payday. Honestly Young is an exception in that regard, he is in amazing shape and has always looked after himself. 

Was more 29-31 range. Don't see him staying at Man. City for ages if he wins a few things and they wouldn't sell him to another CL team unless abroad.

Â