The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, GodsBarkeep said:

Feel that's a bit unfair on Southgate. The ambition of the club now compared to back then are worlds apart. If southgates tenure was now I don't think he'd push for a move like he did back then.

He was a Villa captain, they should be leaders, not walk out on the club and to Middlesbrough. They were a blip, they are not Villa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

They were clearly right about Jack going if £100m was offered. Don't see many eating humble pie in that regard!

It's more their 'insight' stuff I don't like. I had a free trial for throughout the euros and a few of their articles about players I was like WTF are they on about.

12 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Don’t know what you’re talking about…

The Brummy accent is the height of sophistication and class

I’m obviously joking…

I’m well aware that the Brummy accent straddles the lines of someone who is astonishingly thick, monumentally depressed and mind numbingly bored…

But the Manc accent just screams…

Vermin

Bye Jack, thanks for the memories - from the jewell in the Crown to one of man city's many trinkets.

I am gutted he's going, but there's many reasons to hope that this will strengthen us in the longer term.  We can be unshackled from FFP and reinvest, and not have the annual circus destabilising the rest of the team.  Jack has (current) injury / lifestyle problems which the club have given him love and support to get over.  The pressure ranks up, and the support and love drops off, so interesting to see where he will be in a year or two...especially if another few trinkets arrive in his place.

Ps your hair is shit

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can people not change their mind?

Is it not possible that in an interview when he's just signed a new contract that he did think his future was at Villa?

12 months later after he's had a great season, a good Euros, become THE superstar of English football, and has one of the best clubs and managers in the world wanting to sign him for a record transfer on huge wages to play with some of the best players in the world, including his idol in KDB... is it not possible that that could change somebody's mind?

I'll never cease to be amazed at the narrow mindedness of Villa fans. As if we have a gods given right to keep every player we want to keep just because we're villa.

We're a midtable club. Our best players get sold. It happens. Get over it

I don't care about any of that "one of us" stuff, he's a footballer and his career comes first. What really annoys me about this is that he said he fully bought into our project. At the time he had Manchester United in for him, so it's not like nobody wanted to buy him so he just hung around. He spurned their advances to be part of this project. Now, if we didn't make significant strides since then, fair enough. But we did, 20 points better off, the most points for an 11th placed team since the 20 team format began. Broke our transfer record again etc etc. This is a kick in the teeth for footballing reasons.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Ben said:

I don't understand why he would want to move,I live in Ireland and growing up it was my dream to play for villa, playing for villa for a local lad should be the top of the pyramid and the ultimate achievement, who cares about winners medals for some other club when you can look back on your career when you have legendary status at the club you love. 

Exactly my thoughts...

1 minute ago, Adman said:

Jack has (current) injury / lifestyle problems which the club have given him love and support to get over

I actually think he’ll go there and shine but there is a part of me that thinks a lot more newspaper front pages about ‘troubled England star’ are coming…

Just now, Robbie09 said:

The plot thickens, Grealish is still at the training camp according to my mate who’s there watching. Sent me a photo and it’s not  a wind up or Cashy!!

Upload or GTFO

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

You're not going to be happy to see what he's just Tweeted 😔

Wow.  Just Wow.  Leeds contagion is unstoppable.  It's like I am Legend creating zombies all over the world.  Are they all mentally ill?

Just now, Robbie09 said:

The plot thickens, Grealish is still at the training camp according to my mate who’s there watching. Sent me a photo and it’s not  a wind up or Cashy!!

Probably Cantwell with a quick dye job

• Haha 2

Anyone thinking he's not going to be a success at City is deluded. He's an elite footballer that I hoped we could hold on to for another season. That front 4 was potentially very frightening.

We have to get kamada at any cost. His commercial value to us in the far East will mean we can in 3/4 seasons go to City and try signing their best players. 

Sick of these clubs being able to stop us in our tracks. We need FFP gone.

Â