The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But we literally are holding him back. It hurts to say it but it's true. If he'd moved last summer he'd be a champions league player, he'd probably be nailed on in the England squad and he'd probably have a trophy or two to his name already.

I love that he didn't leave last summer and I'm dying for him to stay this summer. but holding him back is exactly what we're doing.

And I agree we'd be much better this season with him here. But we are still an absolute mile away from Man City. He's 26, he wants to play at the very top. And now he will.

His own shins are holding him back more, probably, and having a team built around him has inarguably helped him a lot as well. 

And I certainly can’t help thinking now he’d have been off in a nano second last summer if given a choice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I feel for all the littl’uns who have just all had their new home and away Grealish shirts completely shat on and had their summer holiday slightly ruined (and also for the parents spending the money on the shirts).

Im gutted he’s going, just wish he hadn’t done a delph this time last year. He isn’t a club legend at this point no matter what anyone says, he has come close but hasn’t done enough to solidify that legacy, he could have been one but will now forever be a ‘what if’. 

Said it before, I won’t boo but I won’t cheer him whenever he makes a return to VP. I also hope the club don’t fawn over him when he goes, a simple one sentence ‘WWE future endeavoured’ style quote is all that’s needed.

Oh well, 

He should pay for them all to be refunded. 

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah I agree, I’m only 44 but the difference me and the younger generation on things like this seem to be massive the more topics we discuss.

I grew up wanting to play football for Villa since I was 4 years old, made rep teams etc but when I became a teenager I became a very good runner, athletics eventually chose me. I became a coach later, also coached football, but have designed my life around my coaching because it’s my love. I could be earning twice, three times as much for work, but I still have a good life doing what I love.

Villa will always be my first love, don’t tell the wife…lol, so I don’t get the soulless City things, shiny things don’t make you happy.

We wanted Jack to be a Villa legend, but he’s only interested in his own legend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

How do you change my avatar again? Asking for a friend!

Trick question. I cannot change your avatar. Or your friend's. Unless I'm your friend. That'd be nice. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

His own shins are holding him back more, probably, and having a team built around him has inarguably helped him a lot as well. 

And I certainly can’t help thinking now he’d have been off in a nano second last summer if given a choice. 

We built the team around him for our own gain, not his. Yes, he's benefited from it but we clearly have to.

I just want the saga over now. I hope this doesn't disillusion the owners - but will be a huge battle to even finish top half, considering we couldn't do that with Jack. 

All of this talk about how he doesn't owe Villa anything and can leave with his head held high, can't begrudge him the move etc. 

This is same guy that was regularly getting in the press for all the wrong reasons.. pictures of him collapsed on the pavements abroad, laughing gas, drink driving, leaving the scene of a crime, pictures with dodgy birds etc and we stuck with him. He always had the talent but we have nurtured that and molded him into the player and professional he is today, when he could have quite easily gone off the rails.

Without Villa he would be nothing and the disrespect he has shown year on year whoring himself to other clubs can't be forgotten. 

I will have fond memories of him on the pitch but I certainly won't wish him well given the manner of his exit. Villa legend my arse 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I hope he knows this move isn't just it with us for his playing career. It's every moment of his life after. If he is no longer a villa player he is no longer a fan and we don't want him back. 

Edit: If he moves

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

goes into the same bucket as Southgate and others

Feel that's a bit unfair on Southgate. The ambition of the club now compared to back then are worlds apart. If southgates tenure was now I don't think he'd push for a move like he did back then.

Â